• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Website Announcement

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TheAdmin

2 weeks notice
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A lot of you are asking about various forum features that are no longer working or are missing. Here is the short answer... They are not coming back until we make the switch to a dedicated server. The hosting we have now is barely able to cover the forum let alone chat boxes, flash chats, arcades and graphic signatures and everything else you see that is missing. Chats with media members will have to be held off-site due to CPU usage until the move.

When are we planning on moving? Ad revenue will not cover the expense of moving until mid September, so that is when we will be moving. We also plan to update and upgrade the forum software at that time.

RCF has been a labor of love that Glen was more then happy to pay for with help from a few good people who have donated. However it has gone from being 50 dollar a month love affair to Glen paying 5 times that per month as the site has grown. Ads will pay for most but not all of the bills.

So with that in mind I am asking everyone to pitch in a few bucks to help Glen out. You don't have to donate much, every dollar counts. If we get enough in donations I'll move us to a bigger and better server this month. I'll start the ball rolling by making the first donation.

I would also like to thank Glen for making the best sports forum on the net and keeping this place running when most would have closed up shop.

Donate Here!

Ben

Last edited:
How much is "enough" if you don't mind me asking?

I'm sorry, but it goes against my morals to donate if I don't know of a target goal. If you gave me a target goal, I would donate, but I'm not going to donate all willy-nilly if I'm not assured that you're trying to make a quick buck.

Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much should we donate?

You can donate whatever you can afford. Every penny will go towards this website.

I donate from time to time. I think I've done $50 so far.
If you cab spare $5, it's greatly appreciated. We know times are tough.

Threw $20 into the pot. e-Check's are slow though, so it won't clear until the 8th. It'll be there though.

How much is "enough" if you don't mind me asking?

I'm sorry, but it goes against my morals to donate if I don't know of a target goal. If you gave me a target goal, I would donate, but I'm not going to donate all willy-nilly if I'm not assured that you're trying to make a quick buck.

Sorry.

I understand. Thanks for being a member of RCF.

Just curious, how much do you have to donate to get the golden name?

Just curious, how much do you have to donate to get the golden name?

I'm not exactly positive but I don't think there is a minimum amount. If you choose to help out the website you get the color change. I'll ask Glen tonight just to make sure and PM you or post his answer here.

Alright thanks.

I gave my $10, I should probably give more as that was the money bet with Heath about # of wins the Cavs would get. You should start collecting from the people that lost.

Thank you Notorious, WarrenGDawg, InBoobieWeTrust, bcortell, Pioneer10 and PdL59 for your donations so far. Honestly, thank you all very very much.

I threw in my 10 bones. Would donate more but I'm unemployed currently studying for the bar exam. Hopefully my incessant and sometimes obsessive checking of RCF doesn't make me fail...

thanks to the mods and Glen for making this a great site...and the mods who are trying to 'clean up' the garbage around here.

I'll donate another 10 or 20 this week when I get paid. Love this site too much to let it fail.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."