• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Week 15 | Browns @ Mile High Broncos

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randolphkeys

I'm Just Second-hand Strus
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What a serpentine road these two franchises, once the most bitter rivals of the late 1980s, have traveled this season. The Broncos are close to where people predicted they would end up, with a dangerous defense but inexperience on offense. The GM seemed ready to punt on success this season when they traded Demaryius Thomas to the Texans for a pick. In an unexpected surprise, the Broncos run game has found itself a one-two punch in Royce Freeman and Phillip Lindsay... only the high pick is the change of pace back to the rising undrafted rookie.

The line has the Broncos favored by 2 1/2 which is fair. The Browns have a track record of disappointment on the road, especially on the defensive side of the ball. The Browns offense is gaining yards at a historic clip at home and on the road, but the turnover battle seems to tilt away from Cleveland outside of Cleveland. Get ready to watch two of the better edge rushers in the NFL go against the uneven offensive tackles.

My pick is Denver Broncos 24 - 21 in overtime. I'd love to be proven wrong by the Brownies but I see so much similarity to the Texans defense on the road in Denver.

Their defense is missing a ton of quality due to injury. Chris Harris, Shaq Barrett, and some interior dudes too. If Wolfe doesnt play, that will hurt their run defense.

Their offense is destroyed due to trades and injury. Sutton still looks like a rookie despite him showing some flashes. Their next best option in the passing game is....Jeff Heuerman? Their interior of the offensive line is a mix between a MASH unit and horrible players.

If they can limit Miller and Chubb *running the ball would be awesome* and focus on shutting down Lindsey, they should win this firmly. However, in Denver, the Broncos do have quite a home field advantage.

24-10 Browns.

Gonna be a tough game.

The altitude, their ability to run the ball and their pass rush are all going to pose big problems.

Browns can definitely win if they play well though. Denver is poorly coached and has really been hit hard by injuries.

It's gonna be a tough one, make no mistake about it. Broncos have kept a lot of good teams in check offensively. Our defense needs to do the same to make this winnable.

I like our odds but everyone needs to show up.

Last edited:
Really hope we’ve placed an emphasis on motivating the defensive line depth this week; they’re going to need to rotate heavily in that climate against a team that runs so well.

I’m concerned about them sustaining long drives and controlling TOP. Mayfield’s early rhythm is important to combat that in my opinion.

I say this at the risk of sounding redundant but it’s my hope Robinson popped on the film against Houston and made some technical modifications for when Von Miller attempts to fuck him up.

This is a rock-solid prime time matchup. Anxious to see how we fare.

But goddamn do I love being excited about a game in week 15. Long gone are the formalities.

What’s our current draft postition?? Priorities people.

Barely given the 2019 draft any thought yet. That’s saying something.

Chubb is in for a shock. Not sure he’s ever ran in this type of altitude before.

Barely given the 2019 draft any thought yet. That’s saying something.
I haven't thought about the draft since Baker started playing. He started playing at a high level immediately, and when he was struggling it was clear it was coaching & teammates that were holding him back.

After coming to the realization that Baker is a franchise QB, the draft no longer became something to think about during the season. Its all about building a winning culture now. The pick will land where it lands and I trust Dorsey will draft a good player with it.

When you already have a young franchise QB and a young franchise DE, there's no reason to be tanking anymore.

Today’s game is at 12:20pm on a Sunday for me and I couldn’t be happier. I finally get a Sunday game day at a reasonable hour, on ESPN without having to stream on NFL Game Pass!

Best. Day. Ever. Let’s go, Six!

Today’s game is at 12:20pm on a Sunday for me and I couldn’t be happier. I finally get a Sunday game day at a reasonable hour, on ESPN without having to stream on NFL Game Pass!

Best. Day. Ever. Let’s go, Six!

You get to watch it at about the time the rest of us normally get to watch their games. :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."