• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

weekly who to start thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jonmchugh

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Well we had one of these threads last year. If you have any questions you can ask I'm this thread.

Has anyone heard anything about foster? Haven't heard anything yet. Is he going to play

QB
Romo @ NYJ
Freeman Det

Pick Two RBs
McFadden @ Den
Bradshaw @ Wash
Tomlinson Dal
McCluster Buf

Pick One WRs
Jennings NO - already started
A. Johsnon IND
D. Bryant @ NYJ
P Harvin @ SD
S Rice @ SF

Pick One TE
Gonzalez @ Chi
O Daniels Ind

Defense
DET

FLEX Start one WR or RB

QB is my toughest decision right now.

I think that I would go with Freeman vs Det. It will be a tough test for Dallas week 1 going up against the jets defense. Out of your Wrs, I would start Johnson @ Indy. Foster maybe out or have a limited role this week so they will probably throw a lot this week. As for your flex, I would start Bradshaw.

Need to pick a qb. Eli manning, mccoy, or Kevin kolb

Freeman vs Detroit. Romo is so hyped up right now you should wait to see if he actually produces first. Plus he is playing a better DEF than Freeman vs Detroit.

Easily Andre Johnson is that even a question? If you don't start Jennings/Johnson every week besides BYE no matter who the DEF is, that is just wrong.

McFadden/Bradshaw.

Owen Daniels (Gonzalez is slumping hard, and w/Foster maybe out, even if he isn't, they may be careful w/him, Owen will see a lot of red zone attempts)

Flex I would go w/ Dez Bryant, just best possible choice.

Need to pick a qb. Eli manning, mccoy, or Kevin kolb

1. Manning 2. Kolb 3. McCoy

Freeman vs Detroit. Romo is so hyped up right now you should wait to see if he actually produces first. Plus he is playing a better DEF than Freeman vs Detroit.

Easily Andre Johnson is that even a question? If you don't start Jennings/Johnson every week besides BYE no matter who the DEF is, that is just wrong.

McFadden/Bradshaw.

Owen Daniels (Gonzalez is slumping hard, and w/Foster maybe out, even if he isn't, they may be careful w/him, Owen will see a lot of red zone attempts)

Flex I would go w/ Dez Bryant, just best possible choice.

1. Manning 2. Kolb 3. McCoy

I am just having a hard time between Bryant, Tomlinson and Harvin...

Ahmad Bradshaw @Wash, or Steven Jackson vs Phi, or Jahvid Best @TB ?

Who should I play at my flex position out of Daniel Thomas, Deion Branch, Pierre Garcon, and Braylon Edwards?

I am just having a hard time between Bryant, Tomlinson and Harvin...

Bryant - most talented of the bunch

Ahmad Bradshaw @Wash, or Steven Jackson vs Phi, or Jahvid Best @TB ?

I would say toss up between Bradshaw and Jackson.

Who should I play at my flex position out of Daniel Thomas, Deion Branch, Pierre Garcon, and Braylon Edwards?

Tough call here - maybe Branch simply because Brady is throwing him the ball.

^^ Exactly what MoDelonte said, and I would go with SJax. Even though he is playing the "All mighty god-like" DEF of Phili he is still a 100yd guy most games.

And how in the hell do you quote so many people in one response? or do you have to quote each one and copy/paste? Never knew how.

^^ Exactly what MoDelonte said, and I would go with SJax. Even though he is playing the "All mighty god-like" DEF of Phili he is still a 100yd guy most games.

And how in the hell do you quote so many people in one response? or do you have to quote each one and copy/paste? Never knew how.

Little button next to "reply with quote." It has the quote bubble with a + next to it. Just click that on the posts you want to quote.

Okay, so I made some moves and claimed some guys who can be useful this week (Cadillac Williams. Rob Gronkowski). So who should I start? 2 RBs 2WRs 1 Flex.

Chris Johnson sucked last week but he didn't get many carries, I read that they are going to give him the ball more so I'm starting him.
Jahvid Best played well last week so I'm starting him against KC.

Andre and Calvin Johnson both cleaned up and I'd be a fool not to start them.

So who should get my flex spot? Colston is hurt so he's out. Available to me are Cadillac (I'm leaning toward starting him) Dwayne Bowe, LeGarrette Blount, Anquan Boldin. I have a lot of choices and I'm having a tough time deciding.

What about TE? Like I said I picked up Gronkowski. Should I start him over Moore? I know Brady loves his TEs but so does Colt. Moore did get that one TD last week, and if he and Colt clean up their acts he could get a lot of points.

I'd go with Gronkowski at TE. I need Moore to show me consistency before I'd use him as a #1 in standard 12 man leagues. Tom Brady is too good not to start his weapons.

If you're in a PPR league, I'd def go with Cadillac. If you're not, I still may say go Cadillac. Boldin seems to be a TD magnet, and I'm sure Blount will do better than 5 carries in week 2....but that's still a tough call. I'd let it stew for a bit and make your decision this weekend. I bet most experts would say Boldin as your flex as he's probably the safest play after week 1.

Okay, so I made some moves and claimed some guys who can be useful this week (Cadillac Williams. Rob Gronkowski). So who should I start? 2 RBs 2WRs 1 Flex.

Chris Johnson sucked last week but he didn't get many carries, I read that they are going to give him the ball more so I'm starting him.
Jahvid Best played well last week so I'm starting him against KC.

Andre and Calvin Johnson both cleaned up and I'd be a fool not to start them.

So who should get my flex spot? Colston is hurt so he's out. Available to me are Cadillac (I'm leaning toward starting him) Dwayne Bowe, LeGarrette Blount, Anquan Boldin. I have a lot of choices and I'm having a tough time deciding.

What about TE? Like I said I picked up Gronkowski. Should I start him over Moore? I know Brady loves his TEs but so does Colt. Moore did get that one TD last week, and if he and Colt clean up their acts he could get a lot of points.

Are you in a PPR league? I'm higher on the Caddy than most people because he caught a lot of balls in week 1. Bowe probably isn't going to have another week like week one... if he does Cassel might need to worry about his job security. I'd go with Bowe in a normal scoring setup, Caddy in a PPR setup.

Gronkowski all the way at TE. New England is unpredictable offensively, but the chances of Gronkowsi racking up receptions and yards is much higher than Moore going off for anything better than a few catches with a short touchdown, at best.

2 QB, 16 team league-

2nd qb- Colt McCoy v IND or Alex Smith v Dal

and

Defense/ST -

49ers v dal, CLE v ind, OAK v buf

I'll check back and offer my opinions on yours if you want...

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."