• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Welcome Alec "Game Winner" Burks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Douglar

Intentionally Grounded
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/11/28/cavaliers-trade-kyle-korver-utah-jazz

The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to trade Korver, one of the best deep outside shooters in NBA history, to the Utah Jazz, a person familiar with the deal told The Associated Press on Wednesday. In exchange for Korver, the Cavs will get guard Alec Burks -- and his expiring contract -- along with two future second-round draft picks

For Korver, Cleveland will get Utah's 2020 second-round selection along with Washington's 2021 second-rounder. The Cavs also receive an asset in Burks' expiring contract worth $11.2 million, something they might be able to use in another deal.
https://theathletic.com/682738/2018...er-the-jazz-offense-gets-some-breathing-room/

The move is not without risk for the Jazz. First, the price seems steep. Burks can, at times, be a lethal isolation scorer, and the Jazz lack many players outside of Donovan Mitchell capable of generating their own shot against the clock. Burks is one of those guys. It wouldn’t be shocking to see him flourish in Cleveland, with more shots and more minutes available to him, which could put more pressure on the trade from a Jazz point of view.

And, Burks was a well-liked player in the Jazz locker room. He has been resilient throughout his career, as he’s battled back from multiple injuries to return in peak form.

Last edited:
I was kind of shocked to see this guy is shooting 37% from 3pt. If he can do that for the time being and net us a decent trade for his expiring, I'll be happy with the return.

should be a good fit for this group. Moves well w/o the ball, isolates well, can get to the line, has improved his 3 to a respectable level, seems to be a willing passer (is this a product of playing for Utah?). Doesn't have the buried potential of a Fultz deal, but you're only risk on his production is injury v never producing because the guy just isn't an NBA player (a very real worry for Fultz).

Now you have to luck into a top 3 pick this year and top 9 next year, Grab one of the 3 heads from the Duke monster and spray paint a Mark Price jersey on the 'Nique statue with a note saying "enjoy the 2nd round picks, bitches"

I was kind of shocked to see this guy is shooting 37% from 3pt. If he can do that for the time being and net us a decent trade for his expiring, I'll be happy with the return.

Keep in mind that Rodney Hood was shooting 39% from 3 when we acquired him from the Jazz and we were very happy with those numbers..... and while Rodney is actually shooting good from 3 this season, he's still Average Rodney.

He’s good enough handling the ball we don’t need to play Harrison anymore.

Drew is going to have to hope Hill can run the point and distribute to improve Burks' value while playing with Clarkson and keeping Hill's own value high. All off the bench too. It's a tall task but we might have a monster second unit till the deadline if it works out.

Gonna be another Rodney Hood. Hate the Utah rejects.

It seems kind of strange that there hasn’t been anything official on this trade yet; nothing at all from the Cavs; nothing from the broadcast crew last night; even in the post-game presser, Drew stated he specifically was told to say nothing about Korver . Is there some medical issue? What could be the holdup?

It seems kind of strange that there hasn’t been anything official on this trade yet; nothing at all from the Cavs; nothing from the broadcast crew last night; even in the post-game presser, Drew stated he specifically was told to say nothing about Korver . Is there some medical issue? What could be the holdup?

They said the trade call didn't happen last night. There could be a small chance that this was part of a larger deal and they are waiting to do the trade call to announce it all.

Gonna be another Rodney Hood. Hate the Utah rejects.

He is here for his expiring contract. If we are able to pump him up and expand his market beyond his contract it will icing on the cake for the front office. His contract gives the front office more flexibility in trades, his $11.5 million contract will allow us to take a contract around 14.5 back. That is closer to where bad contracts are in the NBA than what the biggest contract we could take back from Korvers.

Oddly enough perusing the Jazz message boards a lot of them seem perturbed about giving up Burks in the deal..what I gathered is he was one of the only players that could create their own shot. Most would have rather given up Thabo. Found that interesting that given his injury issues they weren't thrilled to ship him out.

I would love to see this guy get all of Clarkson’s minutes. Won’t happen but I would love it.

I've honestly always kind of liked Burks. Make no mistake, he's not a world beater, but he has always seemed like that steady 4th or 5th guard/wing on a good team kind of guy. Can shoot it pretty well and can occasionally play some solid defense.

If getting him means I don't have to watch Harrison play anymore and we net a decent little package for his contract around the deadline, then I'm all for it.

Actually really wanted him back in 2011. His expiring contract & upcoming 3 month stint are welcomed in my books. That & we did Korver a solid by sending him somewhere he wanted to go.

Win-Win in my books.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."