• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

So Long, David Nwaba

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Sneaky good player, actually would have been the starting shooting guard for the Bulls all last year but suffered a bad ankle injury early in the season.

2i8y99h.jpg

This is a great signing. Nwaba is a gritty defender who does not force offense.

He is definitely a bench player on this team. But, he also should get serious minutes. I do worry about his shooting, especially with Sexton, but Lue can use Frye and Love as bigs, along with Korver, to counter that problem.

Ultimately, I see Nwaba getting a lot of time with Clarkson and Hill.

This is a really nice move. I am very excited.

This is a great signing. Nwaba is a gritty defender who does not force offense.

He is definitely a bench player on this team. But, he also should get serious minutes. I do worry about his shooting, especially with Sexton, but Lue can use Frye and Love as bigs, along with Korver, to counter that problem.

Ultimately, I see Nwaba getting a lot of time with Clarkson and Hill.

This is a really nice move. I am very excited.
If this guy could just develop some semblance of an outside shot, we'd be talking serious impact.

Even still, love what he brings to our bench.

What are the terms? Probably part of the MLE.

If this guy could just develop some semblance of an outside shot, we'd be talking serious impact.

Even still, love what he brings to our bench.
I am not well versed in his stats. It seems like his shot is decent, but he has no confidence. Is that correct?

He definitely has impact. He is a good cutter too. Bulls were a bad fit. A shot would make him a possible future all-star.

I just think it’s really unlikely. My guess is he maxes out as a good rotation guard.

What are the terms? Probably part of the MLE.

Hopefully just the Bi Annual exception (Up to 3.3 M per). I also wanna know the length of the deal. Good defender not great on offense. When Nwaba and Cedi play together thats gonna be some nice defense for us.

I am not well versed in his stats. It seems like his shot is decent, but he has no confidence. Is that correct?

He definitely has impact. He is a good cutter too. Bulls were a bad fit. A shot would make him a possible future all-star.

I just think it’s really unlikely. My guess is he maxes out as a good rotation guard.
Yeah, not a tremendous free-throw shooter or three point shooter. Also wasn't a real shooter in college. His motion is a bit mechanical--you can tell he's attempted to put work into it. Or, at least becoming comfortable hoisting an open three.

As far as the rest, I entirely agree with you. Great cutter without the ball, very heady player, good rebounder, tenacious and lengthy defender, and even hits the offensive glass. Really, he's the type of player that plays winning basketball.

He's just a reliable stroke from taking the next step. I look at him as the shooting guard version of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Last edited:
He didn't take a lot of threes, but he showed significant improvement in his shot last season compared to the prior year, so he may be working on that. He took more than twice as many shots from long range and shot close to 35%. Most of his shots are within 3 feet of the basket, though he shot a lot more form 3-10 feet last year. More than double the volume from 3-10 and from 3 as compared to his year in LA. He appears to be trying to stretch his shot out.

If he can continue to improve that shot, he has a chance to be a nice 3 & D guy that could also drive to the rim. Low risk, high reward in all likelihood. I don't expect it's a huge contract.

He didn't take a lot of threes, but he showed significant improvement in his shot last season compared to the prior year, so he may be working on that. He took more than twice as many shots from long range and shot close to 35%. Most of his shots are within 3 feet of the basket, though he shot a lot more form 3-10 feet last year. More than double the volume from 3-10 and from 3 as compared to his year in LA. He appears to be trying to stretch his shot out.

If he can continue to improve that shot, he has a chance to be a nice 3 & D guy that could also drive to the rim. Low risk, high reward in all likelihood. I don't expect it's a huge contract.
I do agree that you can see that he's been working on it. It's still mechanical.

However, jumping from 0.3 attempts to 0.7 attempts per game is still pretty low. Thus, I wouldn't put any stock in the 34% with that low of attempts. I'd only take that as a sign of the fact that he went from "Oh hell nah, I'm not shooting this open three" to "You know what, I'm wide open, I'll take it I guess.. if I have to." He was also not a shooter in college.

Sneaky good player, actually would have been the starting shooting guard for the Bulls all last year but suffered a bad ankle injury early in the season.

Should have been starting shooting guard for the Bulls.....I believe this is supposed to be a compliment but just want confirmation.

Nice pick up by the Cavs. His shot is not particularly broken now although he will never be a high volume perimeter scorer he can become serviceable from the corners in time. I actually think his handles is his biggest weakness and if he could use his pace more with the ball in his hands he would really open up his offensive game

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."