• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Welcome Sheldon Richardson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Time to wake this puppy up then. Nobody is going to mistake a three tech interior lineman for a star wide receiver with a well-coifed platinum blonde haircut. That said, the Browns quietly snagged the best interior defensive lineman in free agency to complete a ferocious defensive line. I was ready to accept a trade up in the first round to secure this all important hole in the starting defense, but then the Browns sign a tremendous player at a reasonable price during an unreasonably player friendly day of free agency. This is big. All of the moves this week have been big.

Time to wake this puppy up then. Nobody is going to mistake a three tech interior lineman for a star wide receiver with a well-coifed platinum blonde haircut. That said, the Browns quietly snagged the best interior defensive lineman in free agency to complete a ferocious defensive line. I was ready to accept a trade up in the first round to secure this all important hole in the starting defense, but then the Browns sign a tremendous player at a reasonable price during an unreasonably player friendly day of free agency. This is big. All of the moves this week have been big.

Sheldon's one of the better 3T's in the league. Love the pickup.

I think Suh is the better player. But, I'd rather have Sheldon than the headache Suh can be.

I'm excited to see our DL this year, with talent AND depth.

Edge: Garrett, Vernon, Avery, Smith
Inside: Ogunjobi, Richardson, Ogbah

That's a stacked deck right there. Plus I don't think we're done.

If some of y'all can remember, we almost traded for him when Sashi was here at the deadline while he was with NYJ. Been begging for this dude for years. Glad to finally have him in the fold.

If some of y'all can remember, we almost traded for him when Sashi was here at the deadline while he was with NYJ. Been begging for this dude for years. Glad to finally have him in the fold.

You were obsessed with him. Glad your boy is in town. He's a really good two way IDL who plays the run and pressure game evenly.

I keep forgetting this guy. But my NY Jet fan buddy told me he was a monster and we got a beast.

Still at a relatively young age too; had this been our largest acquisition in addition to depth elsewhere I’d have still considered this a very successful FA period. I hope the fan base recognizes just how astronomically rare of an off-season this is for franchises.

I mean seriously, think about what it means to have Sheldon Richardson as an underrated signing.

Still at a relatively young age too; had this been our largest acquisition in addition to depth elsewhere I’d have still considered this a very successful FA period. I hope the fan base recognizes just how astronomically rare of an off-season this is for franchises.

I mean seriously, think about what it means to have Sheldon Richardson as an underrated signing.

This is our biggest FA acquisition so far, not really a close 2nd at this point.

And this is going way under the radar, improves our line more than the Vernon trade does in my opinion. Bigger hole, bigger improvement.

Serious, how do you block our front four?

How does a team man up on our skill players with Baker throwing darts all over the place?

How does a team man up on our skill players with Baker throwing darts all over the place?

You let Ogunjobi and Vernon go 1-on-1, you double team Sheldon, and you chip Garrett.

Then you switch that up, sometimes double team Myles, sometimes hit us with a screen when our line gets too aggressive, etc.

It'll still allow us ample chances to succeed. But, football isn't a game where there's never an answer. That's a bit theorycrafting rather than practice.

Serious, you will need to use a tight end on the left side and keep a running back home unless no leaks.

Its no different than dealing with Houston's front 4 the last few years, and honestly the best I have seen dealing with it is Kitchens, but he kind of created the film on that.

If we can pick up a 3rd corner about the level of Mitchel if not a little better, then we become really difficult to run on. They either have to do limited routes where our corners can cover for 2.5 seconds and keep TE and RB home, or they to put 5 out in routes and the QB is going to get hit more often than not if he doesn't get rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds.

With our 3 wideouts you keep the extra blockers at home, as Calloway, OBJ or Landry will get open against man coverage depending on who is left one on one pre-snap read, but not many have that luxury of that WR group.

Really think about how good we can be. Still need a corner, still need an impact level LB, and would love an interior and tackle on the o-line for atleast depth, but holy crap is our roster coming along because the only way to beat our defense is with our offense and head coaches blue prints.

Good Luck NFL because the Browns are back

Team still hasn’t announced him. Minny better not play games with us like they did with Barr and the jets.

You let Ogunjobi and Vernon go 1-on-1, you double team Sheldon, and you chip Garrett.

Then you switch that up, sometimes double team Myles, sometimes hit us with a screen when our line gets too aggressive, etc.

It'll still allow us ample chances to succeed. But, football isn't a game where there's never an answer. That's a bit theorycrafting rather than practice.

Wait... you mean we’re not getting a sack on every play?

Bullshit

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."