• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

What does your Draft Board look like?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will the Cavs select with the 8th pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I LOVE YOU ABBY

Delete Me
Reaction score
portable-revolving-magnetic-whiteboard-including-stand.jpg

Just wanted to gauge where everyone else is at. It would be cool to get an aggregate RCF mock draft board put together, take everyone's order of the top-14, and figure out who we would want to take as a whole.

Hopefully we get as much participation as possible, and at some point right before the draft, or throughout the process, we can crunch the numbers and come up with an official RCF draft board. Analysis of your order is welcomed, but I'm more interested in just your top 14 choices, for science!

To be clear, this isn't how you think the draft will actually unfold. You are the Cavs' new GM, and you are making your own personal draft board.

I'll get this party started...

1) Deandre Ayton, Arizona, C
2) Luka Doncic, International, G
3) Michael Porter Jr., Missouri, SF
4) Marvin Bagley lll, Duke, PF
5) Mohamed Bamba, Texas, C
6) Mikal Bridges, Villanova, SF
7) Jaren Jackson Jr., Michigan State, PF
8) Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Kentucky, PG
9) Miles Bridges, Michigan State, F
10) Wendell Carter Jr., Duke, PF
11) Elie Okobo, International, PG
12) Trae Young, Oklahoma, PG
13) Mitchell Robinson, Chalmette (HS), C
14) Kevin Knox, Kentucky, F

1. Tom Izzo
2. Mike Budenholzer
3. Jeff van Gundy
4. Ettore Messina
5. David Blatt
6. Jay Wright
7. @amurderofcrows
8. Nick Nurse
9. Stan van Gundy
10. John Calipari
11. Frank Vogel
12. Me
13. Mike Brown
14. Another year of Ty Lue

LOL.

(side note: I saw a store called "Kilgore Trout" over in Woodmere the other day and started LOL because of RCF.)

1. Trade scenario 1
2. Trade scenario 2
3. Trade scenario 3
4. Trade scenario 4
5. Trade scenario 5
6. Trade scenarios fail - Draft a player and begin project suck.

I believe the top five off the board will be:

1. Ayton - Suns have pretty much cemented this.
2. Bagley - Seems like he has been killing individual workouts lately, eliminating some of the defensive concerns.
3. Bamba - Drew Hanlen has made Bamba his latest project. Look out world.
4 and 5 will be some combo of Doncic and Jaren Jackson. They are a lead pipe lock to go in the top five to me.

Six through ten depend greatly on fit within a team and the health of Porter's back. If the Cavs draft MPJ, I will have confidence the Cleveland Clinic completed due diligence checking him out.

6. Porter (if cleared) - Reminds me of young Rudy Gay.
7. Carter - I wonder if he can figure out the defensive end, a risk but if he does has All Star potential.
8. Mikal Bridges - Two way player in the mold of Trevor Ariza.
9. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - Again, premium on playmaking and length for the position, young George Hill.
10. Kevin Knox - Improving scorer with great length and athleticism, reminds me of Harrison Barnes.

T1

1) Doncic

T2

2) Jackson

T3

3) Wendell Carter
4) Smith
5) Young

T4

6) Porter
7) Bamba
8) Melton
9) Gilgeous-Alexander
10) Mikal Bridges
11) Okogie
12) Musa
13) Ayton

T5

14) Brown
15) Jevon Carter
16) Sexton
17) Bagley
18) Okobo
19) Ponds
20) Miles Bridges

T1

1) Doncic

T2

2) Jackson

T3

3) Wendell Carter
4) Smith
5) Young

T4

6) Porter
7) Bamba
8) Melton
9) Gilgeous-Alexander
10) Mikal Bridges
11) Okogie
12) Musa
13) Ayton

T5

14) Brown
15) Jevon Carter
16) Sexton
17) Bagley
18) Okobo
19) Ponds
20) Miles Bridges

Having Ayton in T4 let alone the 13th player on your list is so LOL bad that the mods should ban your account until after the draft.

I think roster “fit” and subsequent moves make this a bit of unknown. All things equal I think Miles Bridges with his freak athleticism, outside shot, and long term defensive flexibility makes me like him a lot. He was so electric in spurts at MSU. Handle of a guard, physicality of a PF, springs to get elite height height on verticality...,

Only concern/knock is his height.....about 6’6” - 6’7” on a good day.

Having Ayton in T4 let alone the 13th player on your list is so LOL bad that the mods should ban your account until after the draft.

He has the highest ceiling to acheive star status, however he isn't a perfect prospect. Like a few stars who came before him, it's what he doesn't do that may concern NathanS. Ayton pouts when his offense isn't on. Defensively, his worst games came when his scoring wasn't on. ThersTh a difference between correctable mistakes and actually correcting them. That's said, he ain't tier four.

I believe the top five off the board will be:

1. Ayton - Suns have pretty much cemented this.
2. Bagley - Seems like he has been killing individual workouts lately, eliminating some of the defensive concerns.
3. Bamba - Drew Hanlen has made Bamba his latest project. Look out world.
4 and 5 will be some combo of Doncic and Jaren Jackson. They are a lead pipe lock to go in the top five to me.

Six through ten depend greatly on fit within a team and the health of Porter's back. If the Cavs draft MPJ, I will have confidence the Cleveland Clinic completed due diligence checking him out.

6. Porter (if cleared) - Reminds me of young Rudy Gay.
7. Carter - I wonder if he can figure out the defensive end, a risk but if he does has All Star potential.
8. Mikal Bridges - Two way player in the mold of Trevor Ariza.
9. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander - Again, premium on playmaking and length for the position, young George Hill.
10. Kevin Knox - Improving scorer with great length and athleticism, reminds me of Harrison Barnes.

Trae Young doesn’t make your top 10?

Trae Young doesn’t make your top 10?

The team who takes Trae Young is going to have to commit to his high usage rate, his unique shot selection, and have a ton of faith that his lack of defense was by design in college. Young will never be a guy who can switch defensively. I see the high ceiling but I believe he has the lowest floor out of that group of ten. I bet he does go in the top ten, I just hope the Cavs don't take him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."