• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

When are we finally making the playoffs? Honest answer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What year will be finally appear in another playoff game? Honest answer.

• Total voters

ajz20

Draft Guru
Reaction score
I think we can be a playoff team in two years January of 2020 with two more solid drafts, but we must hit on qb and have him develop pretty quick. Otherwise it will be 2021. Even though next year is 18 season the playoffs take place in 19. So I started with 19.
You are voting for the January of each year.

Last edited:
I believe it will be 2019, 2020 at the latest.

Think 2018 is really the last gasp for both the Steeler and Ravens as we’ve known them. Whether that means short rebuilds under their current long time staffs or not I do not know.

The Bengals decline will be quicker/steeper.

I guess the wild card to all that is in 2019, is the QB we draft at 1 this year starting for the first time? Is the bridge QB good and still starting? Of course the other Huege question would be who is coaching the team?

The owner lacks any kind of vision, gave up on the Sashi experiment too early, and is sticking with the worst HC in the league. If it's possible to fuck it up, Haslem will.

I hope I'm wrong.

i think next year is completely out as hue will still be the coach. So then they will bring in the next guy, and i hope the next guy makes them respectable. You know 7-8 wins. So in 3 years i think they might have a chance but no way in fuck i would put money on it

The steelers "decline" will come when that douche nozzle from Findlay hangs it up for good or goes to another team.

That's their closer. Remember
1999-1-1
2000-1-1
2001-0-2
2002-0-3
2003-1-1

The Browns will still lose a game to them, maybe even 2 during a good run, but it won't be like the Douchenozzle/Bradshaw years where they had a closer that inevitably made them untouchable.

As for the Ravens? Kinda the same story. Flacco is like the "GREAT VALUE" version of Findlay Douchenozzle. He'll keep them above water but it's not some major concern.

The Bengals will stay whom they are. They're kinda like the Jeff Fisher Titans . They stumbled upon a collection of "good" talent but not "great".

As for us? I expect more of those seasons like 2002 and less like 2007, 2014 where we hit a wall of those 2 assholes above us cock blocking. Imagine being more like the Jaguars or Titans than the 86 Browns.

Not bad, but at least a step in a better direction and not pushing us away to continued irrelevance.

I think Haslam made the right hire in the FO. I applaud and thank Sashi for his work in creating essentially 3-3.5 draft classes between the 2017 and 2018 drafts but I feel better about Dorsey and the two lieutenants he’s brought in to use those picks and to have a better vision of how to build the roster overall.

So next I believe that we will see if Hue given a full deck in terms of a passable NFL roster(sorry but our QB, WR, and DB rooms were unacceptable this year) is a different coach than we believe him to be. If he is, great, if not, Haslam needs to let Dorsey bring in the next guy.

But overall given the bounty of picks(and pretty good 2017 draft as well) that Sashi provided and the confidence I have in Dorsey to utilize that bounty and cap space, I think were legitimately on the right path for the first time in a long long time.

PROVIDED Jimmy stays the F out of making draft day calls like he did with Johnny

If we spend our asses off in free agency this year. And sign Cousins,bell,Pryor,Landry, Trumain johnson and draft well we could make it this year. But yeah, most likely 4-5 years from now if ever.

Jarvis Landry is crap and we dont need his cancer here.

This team was better than it looked last year. Unfortunately, Hue is still here and more than likely our franchise QB will be extrodinairly young. So not 2018.

2019 or 2020 should be the year. This team already has a lot of talent *despite what others may tell you* and is on the right path to the playoffs in a year or 2.

Voted 2019.

Why I think that? I believe this FO that is being built can actually live up to the hype. They are respected and can be strategic with a football mind & a money mind. Pauly D still reporting to Haslam could stir up some things - but let's just assume he will let Dorsey make all the calls. The Steelers/Ravens will eventually be on a decline, even if it's just a tiny slope, and Cinci is always a head scratcher.

Given the plethora of picks & cap space that we have this year and next years offseason, I do not see a reason why we cannot make them/wildcard after this coming season.

Oh, dear god. This thread. @The Oi has his coffers stacked for years now. :(

Find the right QB in this draft and I think it could happen in the next two or three years. There will be some growing pains with our rookie QB, so I don't see us going from 0-16 to a playoff team. 2019 might finally be the year Ben either walks away or sees some serious decline in his game. If our (hopefully) young franchise QB and other young talent show improvement, I wouldn't count us out to make a run at the division. After that there are a lot of variables to consider. But if we get the right QB in this years draft we should at least be competitive in the division for years to come.

When are we finally making the playoffs? Honest answer:

WpR4D.gif

Don't know how anyone can watch this NFL season and not at least see how us making the playoffs next season is a possibility. It will require making some changes but it's definitely a possibility.

2019 if things go perfect. That is landing a Smith/Cousins, Gordon staying clean, draft a surefire franchise QB (if no big QB signing), big FA signings that work out, and the young players continue to develop.

2020 if things go how they should. Hit on a QB that shows flashes during rookie year but make a big jump in year 2 a la Goff/Wentz, Gordon stays clean, young players continue to develop, nice FA signings to supplement roster.

If its not 19 or 20, I don't fucking know when it will be because I don't see how it can't happen by then Dorsey doesn't fuck it up.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."