• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Where do the Raptors go from here ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PIP

1997-98 Armco Heating & Cooling Hornet
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
After being dismantled once again by the Cavs I was wondering where the Raps go ?

Do they wait and see where LBJ goes ?

Do they break up their overrated tandem ?

New coach ?

Fold the organization ?

These guys had some good ideas on what to do with the Raps after LeBron toasted them again..

I don't see how they can bring back DD and Lowry.

Personally, I'm not a fan of DD at all and I feel like he'd net a bigger return. I'd explore dealing him.

Casey will probably be fired, unfortunately. I think he got everything he could out of that team, including when he switched the style they played this season.

They've shown to have really good talent evaluation. I'd look at stocking up on some picks.

New coach, and ship out DeRozan. He shrinks in the moment.

But does it really matter? Next 5-10 years will be Warriors, Rockets, Celtics, Sixers. Everyone else will be playing for 5th place.

DeRozan on the Cavs would be MONEY. Think JR improvement but on a much bigger scale (this, of course, assumes LeBron is still here).

Lowry and DeRozan playing together is like having 2 Jordan Clarksons on the same team.

At the least, Lowry, Ibaka, and probably Val should be on the block.

From there, they have 2 choices that make sense to me:

1) Completely blow it up. Trade those three, and DeMar for any good young talent/draft picks you can get and rebuild.

2) Keep DeMar and try again to build around him. He's still relatively young, so their window with him isn't completely slammed shut yet. They can do a mini-rebuild while still being a playoff team in the meantime.

If I was a Raptors fan, I'd want option 1...but some organizations aren't willing to do that and are perfectly fine just going to the playoffs ever year, so that is where option 2 comes into play.

Either way, keeping Lowry & Ibaka makes absolutely no sense to me.

The Raptors still have a bunch of young guys (OG, Siakam, Poeltl, FVV) that should get better. I'd just keep it together and see what happens next year. Unless things fall apart, they'll be in the playoffs. Maybe they can avoid LeBron? I don't know.

If you can get anything for Serge or Lowry, I guess, sure, go for it.

They will Washington Capitals it and hope for the best. Lowry and Ibaka say goodbye, everybody else is back.

Simple answer?

HOME

I'd either rebuild, or try and get another all star. They have some decent young players to use in trades, amd it looks like there might be a lot of rebuild starting.

They aren't getting any of the marquee guys (Leonard/Lillard) because they don't have those type of assets, but Lamarcus Aldridge would be a decent target if I were their GM.

A rebuild makes most sense though. You can cut your rebuild in half by starting early and getting some extra picks.

"Now y'all go on back up North since you the North, and until you get a better ball club, don't come back down South. Cause LeBron waiting to put foots in you again." :bigcry::celb (13):

DcsryQ1X4AEsvQz

They will Washington Capitals it and hope for the best. Lowry and Ibaka say goodbye, everybody else is back.
Caps just beat their nemesis (Penguins). Raptors aren't beating Lebron as long as he stays in the East.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."