• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Where SHOULD LeBron Play in 2018-2019?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Should LeBron Play in 2018-2019?

• Cleveland

Votes: 84 53.2%
  • Houston

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Los Angeles Lakers

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • Miami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • New York

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Simple question - where do YOU think LeBron should play next year? Not where you think he'll end up, but if you're Bron, and you take your Cavs bias away, where do you sign if you are him?

Last edited:
Simple question - IF LeBron chooses to leave, where do YOU think he should go? Not where you think he'll end up, but if you're Bron, and you take your Cavs bias away, where do you go if you are him?

Philly. Because he and I both hate Boston.

I still say Cleveland, because I dont see a perfect scenario out there. If he goes to Houston, he's going to have to contend with Harden as a star. Just not sure I see LeBron wanting to do that.

In Philly, he'd be the old dude jumping on the young stars bandwagon. Again, don't see him wanting to appear like that if he's not "the man".

LA? I don't get that unless he has a huge opportunity to bring together other stars just because it's LA. Otherwise he could build a team here, cuz they have nothing.

SA maybe, cuz of Pop. But seeing that Kawhi is unhappy with Pops practice regimen, it's hard to envision LeBron not having full control over what he wants to do on a daily basis.

I actually think if he does leave, it may be to a surprise team we aren't thinking of.

Knicks hire Blatt, LBJ goes to Knicks, Blatt gets fired after the surprising Knicks start the season 30-11 and then they beat the Warriors in the finals after being down 3-1.

Games like last nights beatdown are what will make him leave.
Sure Philly seems like the obvious spot to land and dominate but I don't think Simmons wants him there truth be told. I think Simmons plans on carving out his own legacy per his own way. He don't want any asterisks.

I picked Philly because it allows him to stay in the East. But it all depends a few things. One, firing Lue. Two, severely upgrading our roster. Three, using the pick wisely.

I don't know if Gilbert would do any of those things without LeBron committing. If we're able to get Paul George for Love, trade for a real center using a mishmash of our pieces, find a coaching staff who can actually develop players and then draft a good player... That would be the only way I'd want him to stay. He's still the best player in the world, but he's done what he promised he'd do for Cleveland, and I'm happy for him to go out there and chase his legacy. Unfortunately, losing to Indiana would basically fuck up any chances of him catching Jordan, but so would losing in the East at all this season (which I can't see him avoiding unless at least 5 other players show up).

I wonder if a surprise team like NO could be the spot. He'd be playing with a great in Davis, but would be seen as the guy who helped them get to a championship level. Kind of like his Miami days. Joining other stars but in many ways still seen as alpha male.

Still think he stays, but I wonder if he does leave if it's a surprise team.

If you’re asking where do we think LeBron goes if he chooses to leave why do you have CLE as an option? Most people will vote CLE and it kinda defeats the purpose of your original question don’t you think?

Anyway assuming he’s leaving I think Houston is the best spot for him because that way he avoids more finals L’s because his real finals will always be the WCF, Philly is a nice option too but it’s hard to see how he meshes with Simmons on the court because Simmons can’t shoot and he needs the ball, you can’t have LeBron turning Simmons into a spot up shooter so it’s going to be a weird fit imo

If you’re asking where do we think LeBron goes if he chooses to leave why do you have CLE as an option? Most people will vote CLE and it kinda defeats the purpose of your original question don’t you think?

Anyway assuming he’s leaving I think Houston is the best spot for him because that way he avoids more finals L’s because his real finals will always be the WCF, Philly is a nice option too but it’s hard to see how he meshes with Simmons on the court because Simmons can’t shoot and he needs the ball, you can’t have LeBron turning Simmons into a spot up shooter so it’s going to be a weird fit imo

I think many fans are assuming the Sixers want LBJ. I think that franchise and it's stars feel like they are the next dominant team and don't need or want any star from what they view as the passing era. I think they know they've got next and I am not so sure they would want someone like LeBron on their team.

Case in point: Kyrie. These young dudes aren't all about Bron the way us fans are who've been following him for years as face of the NBA

Philly. Because he and I both hate Boston.
Lol this. I want to see Boston and their treasure trove of picks and talented young players that I can admit Danny Ainge cleverly assembled all come together and create pound for pound the most talented team in Celtics history.

Then I want to see that team get mercilessly pounded by Bron and his precocious supporting cast year after year after year after year until Bron gracefully retires at the age of 40, leading a whole generation of their fans to convulse in writhing anger at the mere mention of his name.

And I want Kyrie Irving to live the rest of his days in regret like Kobe and wondering "what-if" except never winning a ring to dull the pain because he was never talented enough to be a championship level first option. Can you imagine how pissed Celtics fans would be if they get smacked by Philly this year and then get everyone back healthy and put together a 60 win season only to get steamrolled by Philly again except this time with their arch-nemesis Bron. The only down side is Philly fans are classless, aggressive, uncouth ruffians and cretins that deserve nothing good in sports fandom.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."