• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who is your second nba team?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David.

Radical Centrist
Reaction score
I imagine if you have one is western conference

Back in 07, it was the warriors. No team here in San Diego anymore, but by default it puts the clippers in contention. It was okc for me but they got pretty derailed. With Russ back they're back in contention. Im a huge Cuban fan so the mavs are also someone to consider.

Those are my three, and I haven't decided.. One of the first two most likely. I love Russ, Adams and kanter. I love the state farm commercials.

What's your second nba team?

Last edited:
Pacers.

Which is awkward considering the state of Indiana really hates LeBron. Not because they don't think he's a good player but because their team (along with Bulls it seems) played the role of the Cavs to LeBron's Bulls.

But my dad's from Indiana, and I love the state. I'm a big time fan of IndyCar, and the Indy 500 is my secular religious holiday. Larry Bird runs the team, Reggie Miller was pretty awesome, and I just like them overall quite a bit. Plus the colors and the name. ("Pacers" a tribute to the racing heritage in that area).

Side note? I went to a Pacers-Cavs game and I kinda laughed when they used "Small Town" by John Cougar Mellancamp as the joke Pacers intro. I laugh because people in Indiana fucking love that song to death.

I imagine if you have one is west coast.

Back in 07, it was the warriors. No team here in San Diego anymore, but by default it puts the clippers in contention. It was okc for me but they got pretty derailed. With Russ back they're back in contention. Im a huge Cuban fan so the mavs are also someone to consider.

Those are my three, and I haven't decided.. One of the first two most likely.

What's your second nba team?

It WAS anyone playing the Heat.

Now it's whoever is playing the Warriors.

Great thread idea! For me it is the Lakers and Thunder.

As I've noted on here before, I first got into basketball at a young age, and the Cavs sucked. Lamond Murray just wasn't that appealing to watch. But the Lakers were the best, Shaq was funny and good with kids, and Kobe was mysterious. Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, and Robert Horry were also fun as hell. So, to this day, I have a soft spot for the Lakers in my heart.

Russ has been my favorite non-Cav for the past three years. I'll watch him anywhere he goes, but damn, staying in OKC really upped my respect for him even more. I love their group of guys and will watch them most nights the Cavs aren't on TV.

I'm going to get so much hate... It's still the Warriors. You have to understand a few things here:

1. For decades, they were the most harmless second team to root for. They would have a bunch of guys like Monta Ellis, Reggie Williams and Mike Dunleavy who scored easily and played no defense. They would lead the NBA in pace and points scored against. Plus they had some certified nut cases at times, like Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. Completely harmless fun.

2. When I moved out here, the fans were blue collar Oakland residents who cheered like crazy, high on blunts. I could get last minute tickets for like ten bucks, and have a good time watching another middling NBA team.

...but then they started winning. And San Francisco'so wealthy elite started putting Dub Nation stickers on the back of their Audis. Now I just follow them because my students and neighbors occasionally want to talk hoops with me. I got to say, those conversations were becoming really forced last year. No idea what to expect this year now that they are salty and hate Cleveland.

My favorite teams after the knicks: 1) the Kings and 2) the Cavs. The Kings because I loved that Webber/Divac team and followed them closely ever since. Don't really like anyone on their current team but still view them as my second favorite team (and only other team I would ever use in 2k besides the Knicks). And recently the Cavs, cause of this forum, Kyrie, Lebron, and a million former Knicks.

Teams I despise (in order): 1) Warriors 2) Lakers 3) Bulls 4) Heat 5) Pacers

The Spurs - Humble,Professional,Loyal,Egoless & unselfish, they play the right way.
The perfect organization, the gold standard for the rest of the league, in the Tim Duncan Era they won a minimum 50 games every single season, talk about consistency & longevity, just insane.

I Also enjoyed watching OKC the last couple of years with KD/Westbrook, now I wish nothing more for R.W to beat GS in the playoffs, imagine the implosion that will happen if KD & the Warriors will lose to OKC, ESPN offices would literally explode lol, Ric Bucher will probably blow his brains out on live TV :chuckle: :chuckle:

I'm going to get so much hate... It's still the Warriors. You have to understand a few things here:

1. For decades, they were the most harmless second team to root for. They would have a bunch of guys like Monta Ellis, Reggie Williams and Mike Dunleavy who scored easily and played no defense. They would lead the NBA in pace and points scored against. Plus they had some certified nut cases at times, like Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. Completely harmless fun.

2. When I moved out here, the fans were blue collar Oakland residents who cheered like crazy, high on blunts. I could get last minute tickets for like ten bucks, and have a good time watching another middling NBA team.

...but then they started winning. And San Francisco'so wealthy elite started putting Dub Nation stickers on the back of their Audis. Now I just follow them because my students and neighbors occasionally want to talk hoops with me. I got to say, those conversations were becoming really forced last uear. No idea what to expect this year now that they are salty and hate Cleveland.
BooThisMan.gif

(Although I will admit to cheering Baron Davis when they upset the Mavs who were the #1 seed.)

Mine was the Thunder before Durant left. Now I will root for them even more. I really like how intense their crowd is, small market, tough son of a bitch star that plays angry...

Clippers. Always loved the Clippers..

Used to go to games and watch Ron Harper and Mark Jackson and Danny Manning play... Loved the Black Reebok Pumps they wore back then too...

And when they got Dominique Wilkins toward the end of the 1994 season.... Head explosion...

For years it was the Warriors... then they betrayed me by winning...

Nowadays, it'd be between the Wolves and Clippers.

I guess the Suns because i live in AZ, but not really.

I do have teams I hate, and right now its the Warriors for sure.

I'll never forgive the suns for ridding the town of those uniforms for the iterations we've seen this millennium

I used to live in chicago and was there at the height of Rose Noah. That was actually a fun team, and Butler was my favorite garbage pail TT type. I had a great ticket hookup, and I could always get Cavs tickets. It was my only time that I ever sat on the floor. We sat right next to the Bulls bench. I shook Vinny Del Negros hand lol and he smiled at me like he was doing me the biggest favor ever. Noah pulled down 22 rebounds, which I had never seen in person. I said, "Awesome rebounding, dude!" he said "thanks" totally out of breath. I would always say that Noah was thankful to me.

People make fun of Rose a lot, but he was amazing to watch, and that year they played the Big 3 celtics and took that game to quadruple overtime in the playoffs was unreal. That was the last time that Ben Gordon was really on fire. He was matching ray Allen 3 for 3.

I also went to my only Cavs Playoff game in Chicago. It was in the 2nd round with Shaq on the team. Only game they lost to Chicago that year. It was rough wearing cavs gear.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."