• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who will be our SG for the 2016-2017 season?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clevelander

Towel Waver
Reaction score
If JR walks, I'd like to see is go after Courtney Lee in free agency if possible. Who do you guys see us getting to fill the void left by JR if he leaves?

If JR walks, I'd like to see is go after Courtney Lee in free agency if possible. Who do you guys see us getting to fill the void left by JR if he leaves?

Lee's not the player JR is. JR needs to be here. He has been great for this organization and locker room--a glue guy. Especially with LeBron.

Lock him up Danny. Get rid of Shump if you have to.

If JR aint coming back for some unknown reason
Lance Stephenson or Bring back Dion?

Joe Johnson for Jr tier salary cause he's not that good anymore

JR needs to come back. We could use someone else instead of Shump, though.

Agreed with everyone else... gotta lock up JR. It makes too much sense for both parties. Courtney Lee wouldn't be bad to have as a backup or something, but as a starter :bad:

Lee's not the player JR is. JR needs to be here. He has been great for this organization and locker room--a glue guy. Especially with LeBron.

Lock him up Danny. Get rid of Shump if you have to.
It's kinda crazy if you think about it.

We acquired Shumpert and a pick and really just took on JR Smith has a filler and bad contract from New York.

Now, he's one of the important pieces for the Cavs.
D-Wade accepts the MLE to chase a 4th ring?
2% this happens.

Only reason is because we have LeBron. But the 98% says don't even think about it.

Which we shouldn't. Move along.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Jumpshooting Jesus or nothing

The team needs to keep jr. There won't be a better alternative in free agency for the mle or vet minimum.

There's no way JR goes chasing dollars over Cleveland after what we just witnessed. Let me point to a rather poignant quote from his post-game presser:

"The cars are nice, the houses are nice but none of this matters without [my parents]."

Sure, it's directed at his parents. But JR's presser spoke volumes of the kind of character he truly is deep down. And I have no doubt in my mind that what this team (and LeBron) gave to him (in terms of opportunity and belief) and what he gave back to them has become a perfect basketball marriage that is almost impossible to be spoiled by more money or an alternative challenge.

And yes, he's become a champion. But in Cleveland, he's become something more valuable: a better person.

There's no way JR goes chasing dollars over Cleveland after what we just witnessed. Let me point to a rather poignant quote from his post-game presser:

"The cars are nice, the houses are nice but none of this matters without [my parents]."

Sure, it's directed at his parents. But JR's presser spoke volumes of the kind of character he truly is deep down. And I have no doubt in my mind that what this team (and LeBron) gave to him (in terms of opportunity and belief) and what he gave back to them has become a perfect basketball marriage that is almost impossible to be spoiled by more money or an alternative challenge.

And yes, he's become a champion. But in Cleveland, he's become something more valuable: a better person.
Is JR Smith everything we wished Delonte would have been?

I just get the vibe that JR is going to spend the rest of his NBA time in Cleveland.

D-Wade accepts the MLE to chase a 4th ring?

Not happening... But would be amazing.

Although, next year.. it might be possible depending upon who we sign.

Reactions: CPK
I find it hard to believe that JR would leave. He seems really happy here, he's playing meaningful basketball in June, and he's maximizing his potential with LeBron. Why on earth would he want to be somewhere else?

Wade for the TPE after Whiteside, Johnson, and Deng bolt and Dragic demands a trade..

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."