• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Why not make everyone donate a minimum of $5 to join the site?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheISHT

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
I know you make some money from the advertisements, but I think you should charge everyone a minimum of $5.00 to be able to read the forums and $10 to be able to post/read. You could generate alot of money quick for those billboards with all this traffic and you would probably lose some of the lesser posters. When I see 500 people on the forums and I can count on my fingers how people that donated anything to the site it's really sad.

Last edited:
you need to remember they stopped turning peoples names gold because they donated, so you really dont know who has donated and who hasnt. I have donated a couple of times and I im still just blue

however I dont disagree something like that would be nice, however hopefully with this server change over tonight we will be good to go.

The Raiders forum has a limit when the server reaches the overload limit, people who donated can still browse.

As a former JJHuddle Poster, do not charge! Ever since they charged only $1, that site became a ghost town. Yeah you lose the idiots, but you also will lose good quality posters as well. It's not a problem with me, I already plan on donating at least $20 when my check comes in tuesday. I just think that would be a bad idea, but I like the Raider idea....

While it seems like a good idea for two reasons (one you gather up more money for the site and two you weed out those who join in order to troll or spam), I'd be against this idea.

Turning a site from public to private is a slippery slope. Membership will plummet and you'll lose a lot of good posters. I was on a lot of over Cavs forums before I finally settled in at RCF and I can tell you that if it would've been a pay site, I would probably be elsewhere as I never would've checked it out.

Now I'm not the best thing since sliced W&G on this site, but I can guarantee that there are other solid contributers on this site that wouldn't have joined or even stumbled upon RCF had there been a donation requirement. The fact that RCF is fully public and fully free yet so many people donate and express their gratitude for the site is what makes it so great.

Last edited:
Why would I pay $10 to look up and talk about Cavs when I can do it on any other site? Granted this is the best Cavaliers site, but being forced to pay money to read something you can find anywhere is just stupid.

I donated $5 to RCF a few months ago, didn't get a thankyou valentines day card or anything =(

I thought a requiring a small donation might not be a bad idea either but I can see why that may not be the greatest thing.
I do know something needs to be done to clean things up a little. This is a great site and Glen and Ben have done a fantastic job putting it together and growing it. I just don't want to see the quality slip. It's almost been unusable and unreadable the past week or so with way too many unnecessary posts.

I'd suggest that at least at times where it will likely be very busy like around the trade deadline or during the playoffs that maybe somehow limiting the number of posts each member can make each day might not be bad if that would be at all possible to do.

Bad idea. The owner would get more from the ads than the donations from the posters. The donation idea would even be the downfall of the site.

Well, OK.

Free to browse.

$5 to post, use any auxiliary services (arcade, etc). I don't buy the "losing good quality posters bit". If you're a good quality poster, I'd be willing to bet you're a successful and well represented person in society...which means you'd be able to afford $5 to post, if you wanted to :)

And a bigger amount to maybe get some inclusive access if there was such a thing.

I'm sorry, I just don't have the extra money to donate right now

you need to remember they stopped turning peoples names gold because they donated, so you really dont know who has donated and who hasnt. I have donated a couple of times and I im still just blue

Yeah that's too bad because now I feel like a hypocrite every time I tell someone they should donate. :chuckles:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."