• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Will Ohio State be champions next year?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MoneyMP3

Long Live The Idols
Reaction score
If Evan Turner comes back for his senior season will the Buckeyes win it all?

Let's find out if he's coming back first then go from there...

That's why I said "If Evan Turner comes back"

And this entire thread becomes moot if he comes out in 2 days and declares, is my point.

You know, there are non-OSU players who can decide to return...and said players could easily help decide the 2011 tournament......

And this entire thread becomes moot if he comes out in 2 days and declares, is my point.
well he could still withdraw his name if he doesn't sign with an agent;)

Well do you think they can win it without him then? I mean they recruited some very good players.

Even if Turner goes to the NBA i think Ohio State will still have a chance. They will be deeper and i expect the returning players to get even better. Especially Buford. If he comes back i say they will be the favs to win it all.

I mean yes, we got a lot of people coming in next year, 2 that could probably be starters if we weren't sorta deep, but other teams got better as well.

I believe IF Turner returns, we could be pre-ranked in the top 5 at least. And that would mean yes, we would have a good shot at winning the dance.

No.

Look at Kentucky's freshmen. That class is better than what OSU has coming in and they weren't able to get it done. Look at when OSU had Oden. Fell just short. Memphis with Rose.

It usually takes a team that has good veteran leadership to win it all. In most cases there are some young players who are very talented as well, but I don't think OSU will have the older, experienced players to get the job done.

We will do what Florida did in 2007.....win the National Championship in both Football and Basketball.

Football-everything on offense returns and our defense will be stronger....Miami FL will be the only thing in the way of it but i think we can beat them. Pryor will be a serious threat for Heisman and Saine along with Herron will lead the running attack. Sanzenbacher and Posey along with Carter will lead the recieving attack as Ohio State wins another Big Ten and will defeat Alabama in the BCS title game

Basketball-Evan Turner is the only one that left but all 4 starters stayed plus the Super Six freshman including Mr. Ohio Jared Sullinger will be there and he will replace Turner in the starting 5. I expect us to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney and defeat Duke in the National Title game

We will do what Florida did in 2007.....win the National Championship in both Football and Basketball.

Football-everything on offense returns and our defense will be stronger....Miami FL will be the only thing in the way of it but i think we can beat them. Pryor will be a serious threat for Heisman and Saine along with Herron will lead the running attack. Sanzenbacher and Posey along with Carter will lead the recieving attack as Ohio State wins another Big Ten and will defeat Alabama in the BCS title game

Basketball-Evan Turner is the only one that left but all 4 starters stayed plus the Super Six freshman including Mr. Ohio Jared Sullinger will be there and he will replace Turner in the starting 5. I expect us to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney and defeat Duke in the National Title game

Totally disagree with this. Miami doesn't scare me at all. Wisconsin and Iowa on the road do. Those will be the two most difficult games of the season.

:chuckles:

Read this thread. The question should be looking at hindsight:

Does Ohio State win it all if Turner does not come back?

Yes. In fact, we are now a better team without Turner.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."