• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Will RCF be able to survive trade deadline?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gimme Some Mo

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
This is the 2nd time that the site has not worked for me when there was semi big news (Mo being hurt & West and Shaq rumor of sitting).

I am not complaining or bitching about it, but I just wonder if the site really has any chance of working when trade deadline comes around and W&G leaves one of those long posts that gets people going crazy. :chuckles:

Mo being hurt probably brought in about 1/50th the amount of people that will be trying to get on here deadline time.

You have to explain what happened when you couldn't access RCF... because we did not have a spike in users at all. Just the normal 200-600 people online.

Simply could not access the site.....it would hang for a good minute or 2...and then I would get an error from my browser saying a connection could not be established.

It was down for about 20 or 30 minutes. When I got back on.....no new posts were made in that time period (which is not like RCF if it were up and fully functional).

Same here. Down for at least an hour for me.

Same here..

I'd click the link to go to the forums, and it would just stay "connecting," without changing screens or anything. Then eventually, the screen came up for "cannot establish connection."

Could have been our data center having a problem. Nothing I have seen in the logs indicates a user spike that would have caused an issue.

Could have been our data center having a problem. Nothing I have seen in the logs indicates a user spike that would have caused an issue.

Just face the fact that the site was down Ben, OK? :chuckles:

But seriously, it was. It doesn't have to be a user spike to cause it. Your provider could have had issues on their end. Glad to know it wasn't server load related. Because that's gonna be the main issue come deadline, of course.

I've been having a separate issue since yesterday, but maybe it is related. When I log on to the site, the NumbersDon't screen comes up, then half the time I am redirected to some malware location. A new IE window opens in a malware site. I just close the window and return to the other browser window and enter the site. I have scanned my computer with all of my anti-virus, anti-malware software, and I am clean. It is only when I log on to RCF that my browser is redirected, not any other site. No harm done. Thought you would want to know.

It seems to be working fine for me...i have a lot of content filters and popup blockers on this computer though, so I don't know if maybe you guys were having some issues with those being in there too? Just a guess

I've been having a separate issue since yesterday, but maybe it is related. When I log on to the site, the NumbersDon't screen comes up, then half the time I am redirected to some malware location. A new IE window opens in a malware site. I just close the window and return to the other browser window and enter the site. I have scanned my computer with all of my anti-virus, anti-malware software, and I am clean. It is only when I log on to RCF that my browser is redirected, not any other site. No harm done. Thought you would want to know.

I don't like the sound of that. I set my bookmark to go straight to the forums. Try doing that.

I don't like the sound of that. I set my bookmark to go straight to the forums. Try doing that.

Good idea!

Edit: Damn, just happened from the Forums.

Last edited:
Perhaps the site just isn't meant to take on a lot of users more than the usual. The usual is about 300, but maybe 600+ just slows it down for some people.

I don't know if Ben or Glen could fix that, but it may be simply because the data has a limit on a site that doesn't have the same revenue. I expect it to be down for people during that trade season again, 'cause it happened to me a few times too. But I'll tell you, I've been donating the best I could to contribute. I love this site, I hope I don't miss the big news whenever it comes up...

Same here..

I'd click the link to go to the forums, and it would just stay "connecting," without changing screens or anything. Then eventually, the screen came up for "cannot establish connection."

This is what happened to me too.

I just assumed it was from more people being on the site because both times it happened some significant news was posted. I didn't think it was a coincidence, but I guess it was.

Sounds more like a local issue than an issue with RCF.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."