• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

World Cup Group Draws

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ruggeder

In the Rotation
Reaction score
ESPN had the group draws today and I swear these are rigged. The teams that people we expect to be good get these easy group draws and everyone else is on there own. I mean, can Argentina get by Iran?? How challenging for the argies to get out of that tough group.

Argentina has a cupcake group, as well as Brazil. Terrible.

US will need to bring their A game to get out of their group of Portugal, Germany, and Ghana. Hopefully we can figure out Ghana since they've knocked us out the past 2 times.

soccer-stupid.jpg

Well, not looking good for you guys.

France and Argentina got cakewalks.

Argentina has a cupcake group, as well as Brazil. Terrible.

US will need to bring their A game to get out of their group of Portugal, Germany, and Ghana. Hopefully we can figure out Ghana since they've knocked us out the past 2 times.

Not sure how Brazil's group is a cupcake group... There's no guarantee that Brazil wins that group by any means..

I could see any of those teams winning that group; it really is a toss up... It's a matter of who plays consistently and doesn't make mistakes..

Croatia, Cameroon and Mexico are all really talented teams but their play has been really uneven lately... None of them are cupcakes by any means...

Well this is over for us before it starts. Not like we had any sort of shot of going far anyways. :chuckles:

Stop calling Argentina's group an easy group. We Bosnians & Herzegovinians strongly take offense. :chuckles: I'm hoping we can grab second place. Iranians and Nigerians definitely not as good this year as they have been.

USA not making it to the second round.

U.S. can get out of that group. Portugal is a good but not great team that has looked extremely average in qualifying. Ghana, while giving the U.S. fits, is now power. If the U.S. had any hope of actually making some noise in this tournament, they were going to have to beat teams like Ghana and Portugal anyway.

Manage to grab a point from Germany and you'll manage to get out of that group.

Cristiano Ronaldo will score 3 goals against the US. The US will then stand in line to get autographs from Ronaldo.

Ghana always has our number.

Germany is the best team in the group.

Good luck USA.

Last edited:
ESPN had the group draws today and I swear these are rigged. The teams that people we expect to be good get these easy group draws and everyone else is on there own. I mean, can Argentina get by Iran?? How challenging for the argies to get out of that tough group.

Of course some teams are going to have an easy time. But look at Group B. Spain and the Netherlands were the finalists last time, and I'm not even sure both of them make it out of that group. Chile is really, really good.

EDIT: And here's the other hope. Germany is clearly the class of that group. Portugal, for all of the attention, is a rung or two below. Germany SHOULD get 6 points in the first two games. The U.S. doesn't play them till the third and final game. Could be possible Germany won't need much out of that game and will take their foot off the gas a little. Would especially help if the sister group had some weird stuff go on where Germany might actually benefit from not finishing first in the group.

Not sure how Brazil's group is a cupcake group... There's no guarantee that Brazil wins that group by any means..

I could see any of those teams winning that group; it really is a toss up... It's a matter of who plays consistently and doesn't make mistakes..

Croatia, Cameroon and Mexico are all really talented teams but their play has been really uneven lately... None of them are cupcakes by any means...

You've got to be kidding me...

Only chance of the US getting out of the group is some sort of Loew/Klinsmann conspiracy.

Brazil at home will without question reach that second round.

Cristiano Ronaldo will score 3 goals against the US. The US will then stand in line to get autographs from Ronaldo.

Ghana always has our number.

Germany is the best team in the group.

Good luck USA.

We have already beat the Germans twice.

We have already beat the Germans twice.

Im not sure you can really be proud of the most recent friendly we played against them. They were clearly playing their C team against us.

Rough draw for the US. No doubt about it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."