• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WTF is going on with the Dolphins?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CornerThree

13-7-9-14
Reaction score
You got a 2nd year OL Jonathan Martin potentially so hazed that he willingly left the team and lodged a complaint.

Sources told ESPN that one of the significant allegations being reviewed is that Incognito got Martin to contribute $15,000 to help finance a trip to Las Vegas by a group of Dolphins last summer, even though Martin preferred not to travel with the group.
Rather than go, Martin simply gave Incognito the $15,000, sources told ESPN, fearing the consequences if he did not hand over the money.

There's also talk about rookies getting stuck with a 30k dinner bill by veterans. Richie Incognitio is apparently a huge asshole, or at least has been on in the past, so all these things coming out involving him are none too surprising. I was wondering if maybe Martin was gay or something, but that doesn't even appear to be the case. Just a dude that maybe is sensitive or something, and can't take the incessant BS. Figure this kid has played FB his whole career, and made it through college just fine so it's rather odd that he'd snap now.

Get your shit together Dolphins.

It makes that organization look pretty pathetic. It's one thing to haze guys in a joking manner and it's another thing to go out of your way to maliciously attack someone and make them feel completely alienated from the team. Where were the team captains or the coaching staff? The whole thing is ridiculous, and because you have a group of ass holes who think they're funny, the team is worse off without Martin on the field.

Looks like they suspended Incognito. It'll be interesting to see what evidence comes out against him.

Richie Incognito is a piece of shit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: &quot;Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/397412643767455744">November 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2. More Incognito to Martin: &quot;I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/397412847207993345">November 4, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>3. Incognito VM to Martin: &quot;(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/397412981857738752">November 4, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: &quot;(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.&quot;</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/397413175571664896">November 4, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/397413404400312320">November 4, 2013</a></blockquote>

Incognito has always been a cheap shotting piece of shit on the field, no surprise this is what he's like off it.

That shit is over-board from Incognito. Granted, hazing is and always will be a part of sports. I don't know why people are so shocked about the $15-$30k dinner thing. That's been going on for years with professional athletes. The personal attacks by voicemail are pretty personal.Certainly worse hazing has been done on college campuses and I doubt Martin was the only person getting the business from the veterans.

I'd like to see Incognito get punished for calling him a half-n**** just because it's a stupid thing to say.

No excuse for this. Not really sure how this is a debate or how people are "pussies" for having a problem with this. Sports are about teamwork, competition, sportsmanship, things that are good. Things that make teammates feel like they are part of a brotherhood. I know this is at the professional level when the whole thing just becomes a "job" to make a bunch of money, but at its core, it's still sports.

Incognito should be removed from the league IMO.

And it's not like Martin and Incognito have to be best buddies but for Christ's sake, at least treat the guy with some basic human decency. The whole story makes me sick.

This is Richie Incognito

Incognito was shifted to center during preseason camp in 2004; however, a series of off-field incidents culminated in his suspension before the 2004 season by the coaching staff. Soon after, he left the school (Nebraska) and enrolled at the University of Oregon in late September. He never practiced with the team as he was cut for not meeting unspecified conditions after just a week on campus in Eugene.

In early November (2007), Incognito suffered a knee injury that forced him to miss the remainder of season. However, while rehabilitating, it was later revealed that he had been partying nightly.

Incognito started all nine games in which he played for the Rams in 2009. He was waived on December 15, two days after committing two 15-yard personal foul penalties and engaging in a verbal confrontation with Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo during a 47–7 loss to the Tennessee Titans. The two personal fouls led to a fine from the NFL and a letter from the NFL league office. He was fined $50,000 and told "Future infractions of the types you have committed may lead to increased disciplinary action up to and including suspension." In four years with the Rams from 2006 to 2009, Incognito drew 38 penalties, including seven unnecessary roughness calls, more than any other player during that span.

Incognito has garnered attention over the years for perceived dirty play amongst NFL players, coaches, and fans. He has been alleged to have gouged player's eyes, punched players, and made illegal tackles on a regular basis.

Clearly the guy has anger issues.

The Good Guy Award is given out in each NFL city to the player(s) who best helps the media do its job. In the 2012 season, Incognito was awarded this honor by the South Florida Chapter of the Pro Football Writers Association, alongside teammate Reggie Bush.

lol, wut? He supports Operation Homefront which is an organization for returning Veterans and their families. Plus he's read some books to kids according to Wikipedia.

Incognito isn't the only one. Whole team should be blamed for this. Incognito wasn't the only one who grabbed his lunch and moved when Martin sat down at lunch last week. This is the organization's fault.

That shit is over-board from Incognito. Granted, hazing is and always will be a part of sports. I don't know why people are so shocked about the $15-$30k dinner thing. That's been going on for years with professional athletes. The personal attacks by voicemail are pretty personal.Certainly worse hazing has been done on college campuses and I doubt Martin was the only person getting the business from the veterans.

I'd like to see Incognito get punished for calling him a half-n**** just because it's a stupid thing to say.

The guy has been assigned to be a "team leader", which is something he had the privilege of going to Harvard Business School (through the NFL) to learn effective leadership principles.

Then he hazes and gets personal with Martin in his first AND second season.

After all this, Incognito has the gull to tweet that he wants hi name cleared.

Then, (allegedly) his dad goes on a Dolphins message board and completely kills the Dolphins and Martin, attacking Martin's personal life...

original.png

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230

Fuck Richie Incognito. I don't know much about Martin, but the Dolphins are fostering this idiot Incognito. Lastly, Incognito's dad is a piece of shit.

What a bunch of pussies.

Just cause these are highly paid professional athletes doesn't make workplace safety any less of a concern. If this happened to a wal mart worker it would be treated as important. Why should an NFL guy have to deal with it? This is beyond hazing.

especially with all the murders and bullshit lately

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."