• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

WWE/NXT/AEW/NJPW Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jack Brickman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Figured I'd start up a new thread since the old one was getting a little long in the tooth, and like the old one this one can include internet spoilers.

Anyway, here are my predictions for Sunday...

PRE-SHOW

20160516_match_ER_1920x1080_Kickoff--6ea13408c0de99eb3495614485b35a98.jpg

No Disqualifications - Baron Corbin Vs. Dolph Ziggler

Well, I was wrong last month when I predicted that Corbin would win because, well, it was the only outcome that really made any sense. Losing his first big match made him seem like just another guy, and the loss coming at the hands of Dolph Ziggler, who hasn't been important in two years, didn't help. Just terrible booking. However, I see very little chance he loses this time around. For one, the WWE loves 50/50 booking where no one comes out looking strong, but also because it's once again the only outcome that makes sense. If they want to do anything at all with Baron Corbin, he needs to win this match.
Winner: Baron Corbin

20160502_match_ER_1920x1080_KalRus--ce69cb4593b6488145e82be02d0333d8.jpg

United States Championship Match - Kalisto (c) Vs. Rusev

Hey, the US Championship finally made it off the pre-show! So I guess it's kind of important now. Seems like they're trying to build it back up just in time for Cena to come back and continue his open challenges. How fitting that Rusev will likely walk away the champ only for Cena to return and neuter him again. Anyway, Kalisto's matches with Ryback were surprisingly entertaining, and Rusev is a better performer. I expect this to be a solid match if it's given time.
Winner: Rusev

20160501_match_ER_1920x1080_TagTeam--af79fc0b1e61c5db33bd8b88accaa9be.jpg

Tag Team Championship Match - The New Day (c) Vs. The Vaudevillains

I've been very surprised by how the Vaudevillains have been made to actually matter on the main roster. I figured they'd be jobbing like the Ascension in days once they got called up. Instead, they've been booked really well and seem legitimate. The real question is whether or not the WWE is willing to take the belts off of the New Day, who sell merchandise like crazy, in favor of the new team. It's a tough call, honestly, but I'm going to go with the guys who make the WWE the most money.
Winner: The New Day

20160513_match_ER_1920x1080_UsosGallow--80a02e4f15942e62e53d7cf185cd6b8d.jpg

Tag Team Tornado Match - The Usos Vs. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
Thanks to a feud with Roman Reigns, Anderson and Gallows have been made to look like a couple of bitches thus far. It's been very depressing, really. They should have came in and lit the division on fire. Instead, they've mostly been eating superman punches and looking borderline inept. They absolutely need this win to establish themselves, especially if the plan is to have them turn on AJ at the end of the night.
Winner: Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows

20160509_match_ER_1920x1080_DeanJericho--c0131b5462a0467d5bc29edece90bf5e.jpg

Asylum Match - Dean Ambrose Vs. Chris Jericho

While their match last month wasn't terribly compelling, I have to admit that this feud has at least been entertaining. There should be plenty of weapons and mayhem in this one, so it should surpass their Payback bout. Ambrose pretty much has to win this, right?
Winner: Dean Ambrose

20160502_match_ER_1920x1080_4Way--8bce1d836c34a5689e7474aba52b750e.jpg

Fatal Four Way Match for the Intercontinental Championship - The Miz (c) Vs. Kevin Owens Vs. Cesaro Vs. Sami Zayn

I have to imagine that the Miz's Intercontinental Championship reign will come to an end on Sunday night. He's done some solid heel work, but the problem is that he's been such an afterthought for so long that he does nothing to elevate the belt. I also don't think Owens is winning it back. I think he's the most deserving, but I think the WWE has different plans for him and that he'll fail Sunday only to take home the Money in the Bank briefcase next month. That leaves Zayn and Cesaro. Both are good options. Two of the best wrestlers in the company and generally beloved by the crowd. I could see it going either way. However, I think Cesaro is the best choice right now to hold the belt. That lets Owens and Zayn carry their feud over to the MitB match next month and gives Cesaro another shot with the belt.
Winner: Cesaro

20160502_match_ER_1920x1080_CharlotteNattie--3fe57ee878e79f56fc78ecf08b8a4298.jpg

Submission Match for the Women's Championship - Charlotte (c) Vs. Natalya

This feud has gone on about a month too long at this point. The problem here is that they've booked themselves into a corner. Charlotte should have dropped the belt at Wrestlemania, but since Vince wanted to tell us all to fuck off via the booking, she retained and the WWE found themselves in an awkward place. They needed a challenger that wasn't Sasha Banks, because they likely want to protect her until Charlotte drops the belt at Summerslam. Enter Natalya, who has done nothing relevant in years but is somehow getting multiple Women's Championship matches. The issue is that Natalya winning here makes no sense for a variety of reasons, but it also seems to be the logical culmination of this feud. That's just bad booking.
Winner: Charlotte

201604129_match_ER_1920x1080_romanstyles_CAGE--d70a65e7262a817e70a44240d47f44b6.jpg

Extreme Rules Match for the WWE Championship - Roman Reigns (c) Vs. AJ Styles

Given that AJ effectively lost clean last month at Payback, I'm not really sure why he was given another title shot to begin with, but whatever. The WWE at the best of times doesn't make a lot of sense, and this ain't the best of times. Their Payback match was decent. It wasn't exceptional, but it was one of the better Reigns outings. This match should be better, because it's going to be an overbooked clusterfuck filled with weapons, which should help hide that Reigns can't wrestle. I figured last month would be the time for Anderson and Gallows to turn on Styles. It didn't happen, but since then Finn Balor has dropped the NXT title and is prepped for a call-up, so I'm going to stick with that prediction this time around. Finn Balor ends the night standing tall after screwing AJ out of the title.
Winner: Roman Reigns

You got
Reigns = Heavyweight
Cesaro =IC
Rusev=US

May 30th you have Cena Returning
June 6 Orton and Rollins
Through June : Bray Wyatt, Neville, possibly Tyson Kidd Mcmahon mentioned others who we didn't even know were injured I guess.

I Don't think Cena comes back for the US Title. His Character motivation for being the US Champ was because the Authority wouldn't let him have a titale shot( which he got anyways)

Corbin and Crews will probably have a few more non title feuds before moving into any title picture.

and if things goes as expected Styles will be in a feud with Balor and the Bullet club.

and if they Have Ambrose win, he will be looking for a title.. The US title would be ideal for Ambrose .

and at some point Brock will come back

It would be kinda awesome if Cena joined New Day wouldnt it? Handing out butt slaps and lame raps, and I'm pretty sure he has a shirt that's the right color of purple.

The company REALLY needs Seth Rollins to hit the ground running with his mic skills. The best heel in WWE is a guy who should have retired years ago.

It would be kinda awesome if Cena joined New Day wouldnt it? Handing out butt slaps and lame raps, and I'm pretty sure he has a shirt that's the right color of purple.

The company REALLY needs Seth Rollins to hit the ground running with his mic skills. The best heel in WWE is a guy who should have retired years ago.

The last thing new day needs is John Cena

It would be kinda awesome if Cena joined New Day wouldnt it?

If they wanted half the crowd to turn on New Day, yeah, Cena would be a perfect choice.

The only person that makes any sense at all to join New Day right now is Sasha Banks. It makes less sense now that they're a face group, but she still seems to have the same kind of vibe and obviously gets along with them backstage.

You could argue that Owens is the best heel in the WWE right now. He's great on the mic, great on guest commentary, and he's the ultimate troll in the ring. His comments during matches are gold.

I also think Miz has done a pretty great job of late. He's always been good in a heel role when given the opportunity.

If they wanted half the crowd to turn on New Day, yeah, Cena would be a perfect choice.

The only person that makes any sense at all to join New Day right now is Sasha Banks. It makes less sense now that they're a face group, but she still seems to have the same kind of vibe and obviously gets along with them backstage.

I was half joking but there could be some Daniel Bryan/Kane storyline heat there if they're ever inclined to split up the group, merch $$ be damned. I mean they broke up the Shield about 6 months too early so anything's possible.

You could argue that Owens is the best heel in the WWE right now. He's great on the mic, great on guest commentary, and he's the ultimate troll in the ring. His comments during matches are gold.

I also think Miz has done a pretty great job of late. He's always been good in a heel role when given the opportunity.

Owens is probably the best thing they have going, but I've always struggled to call him a true heel because he's so over. Heel in face clothing if you will.

I like the Miz and you're correct, he's excellent in the role, but it's hard to take him seriously the way he's been booked for the last few years. Irrelevant one minute, IC champ out of nowhere, back to irrelevant...

so does Cesaro still need surgery at some point?
Ryback apparently is in a contract dispute. hopefully that means he is done

Rumor is that Seth Rollins is in the house and may make his presence felt

Rumor is that Seth Rollins is in the house and may make his presence felt
its a spoiler thread and as I mentioned on the other thread. Rollins Facebook page is talking the talk

Could Seth Rollins be returning on Sunday night at WWE Extreme Rules 2016?
One of the prevailing narratives in WWE over the past six months or so has been the litany of injures that the company has been forced to deal with. Perhaps the most harmful of those injuries, though, was to former WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Seth Rollins, when he blew out his knee back in November. However, the Architect of The Shield could finally be making his long-awaited return on Sunday, May 22 at the WWE Extreme Rules 2016 pay-per-view.
Just days after rumors began circulating that Rollins would be returning at the start of June at an episode of WWE Monday Night RAW, Seth Rollins himself started the rumblings early on the morning of Extreme Rules 2016 when he posted this on Facebook, addressing the champion in Roman Reigns:

So Finn should show up.. Rollins might likely show up.

Whats Rollins Angle. I would expect he would be looking for his championship back.

I suspect Rollins will say the authority collapsed without him and he never needed the authority. perhaps a triple HH appearance?

does he come back a heel or as a face. does he show up when finn shows up? does this set the stage for Cenas return to raw.

Will Jericho really lose twice to Ambrose?

I suspect Jericho may beat Ambrose and Ambrose wins the number 1 contender match for the us title to face Rusev much like AJ Styles did for the Heavyweight Championship.

I dont see Rollins Getting a second MITB. instead Rollins and Reigns through MITB. unless Stephanie and Shane put Roadblocks in Rollins way.

With Zayn. Crews, Corbin , Bray going face, Cena Returning, Wilcard Brock Lesnar, an Active Jericho. Returning Orton, I'm not sure how WWE keeps them all active without some sort of Split

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for Rollins to win the MitB since he's a former champion and thus already in the title picture. Theoretically, he should get a guaranteed title shot at some point since he never actually lost his belt.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for Rollins to win the MitB since he's a former champion and thus already in the title picture. Theoretically, he should get a guaranteed title shot at some point since he never actually lost his belt.
And under the New era the Guaranteed rematches doesn't seem to mean much as evident with Owens Storyline.

Would they already use Styles to get Balor Over.

If Orton said he wanted to be a heel in Zayn or Balor program.

do they have an Orton vs Owens match followed by a typical Zayn interference with Orton taking offense at the interference

personally id like to see a Cesaro vs demon Balor program.

Pre show Reactions
Dudleys vs Big Cass.
Dudleys had a nice promo. Cass brought his A game for the counter promo

Cass gets the big push throwing around the Dudleys in the ring in a no bout.
At this point. does Cass even need Enzo?

Miz promo was hilarious.
Booker predicted Cesaro
Jerry predicts Miz
Corey predicts Owens

Q&A with Rusev
Lana is a better heel than Rusev
. killed it

Corbin vs Ziggler
Corbin is really groiwing in his creativity in the ring. Gue just has loads of potential.
Ziggler saved face by going out to a low blow followed by Corbins finishing move.

one of the better preshows imo

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."