• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

XFL Future League

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Huber.

Adrninistrator
Reaction score
View: https://twitter.com/tagropemag/status/956553450740944897

7e559d50-61f5-11e5-9ce1-fb8e5df1638a_rod-smart-he-hate-me.jpg

By Gawd That's Johnny Manziels Music!

Vince McMahon is a crazy son of a bitch and I love him

Kaepernick as heel jobber.

Make it happen!

I really think this has potential because of the timing and the more conservative approach to it.

The NFL seemingly seems trapped, uninspired and not moving in any sort of interesting direction at the moment.

What you do is simple. You take the type of players and type of "play" that the NFL has seemingly rejected, go run with that. You know those offenses that Mike Leach or Navy runs? That would be interesting to see play out beyond the collegiate level and to see if you could maybe move that into the pro level.

You know those guys who were successful in college, but are written off as to ever being successful pro players? That is who you target.

The goal, period would be to be a league that experiments with everything from players to markets to officating to cameras. It's not so much to knock over and conquer the NFL, but it is to help encourage some healthy competition to motivate football as a whole to have some healthy change.

And as an aside? Guess who benefits? The freaking NFL. You know part of the reason the Browns got good in the 80's? Guys like Gerald McNeil, Kevin Mack, etc all making a name for themselves in the USFL, and then getting a deal with our team. I imagine there's a lot of guys that have likely not had their careers turn out as well due to the NFL being very picky about where a certain guy lines up, etc.

I cant see Vince taking $100 mil of his own money and investing in something like this without insight. I have to believe a major network was willing to throw money his way to televise these games. Not sure what the value is, but between the major networks and all the tech companies trying to get into that space...Vince knows something.

This will be successful. Remove the X, and start something new.

Some examples as to why I think this could work and why the NFL is making some stupid moves.

View: https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/958781295752024064

View: https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/958722511360884736

I realize the latter contradicts my overall point, but in a way I don't think it is. It seems like a lot of networks are willing to pay for even the most mediocre of a pro football. I mean honest to god? Thursday Night Football should have never happened. I honestly felt that slot was better served for the random ACC/Big East matchups. Those were generally fun to watch, and it served as an excellent appetizer for the weekend.

The other thing? Goddamn. I have never seen a league continue to give the finger to it's audience like the NFL has under Goddell's watch. What point does playing a game in fucking mexico or london do? You took away a home game for a team in order to try to really push American Football to a global audience that view it as a passing fancy.

Christ, the NBA has more of a right to do these things. They have players that actually are POPULAR overseas. You could even argue the MLB and NHL could go to various markets being met with a great deal of enthusiasm.

God the NFL is fucking stupid.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."