• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Yi Jianlian, Cavs China's new team.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kblade

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
The maneuvering to entice James to remain in Cleveland beyond this season already has begun. A deal is close to being completed that will sell a 15 percent share of the franchise to an investment group from China, a nation of 1.3 billion where James enjoys enormous popularity. Gilbert recited ratings from an NBA game in the fall of 2007, when he said 300 million Chinese viewers tuned in to watch Houston’s Yao Ming(notes) face Milwaukee’s Yi Jianlian(notes).

The Super Bowl is the most-watched American television broadcast with an average audience of more than 100 million, according to a number of studies. source....yahoo...

So if we were able to get Yi who is a 6'11'' power forward with a nice offensive game, China would love us. Not only do they own some of our team, we got lebron, and we got Yi who is their version if Lebron.

Maybe we could work a deal were we get Redd and Yi, or just Yi. I would be happy to give up our 1st round pick for Yi. I think the bucks would be willing to part with him since he Yi was pretty bad last year. He would be a nice young international talent to have.

thoughts.

the nba were dreams take place.

Re: Yi Jianlian, Cav's Chinas new team.

The maneuvering to entice James to remain in Cleveland beyond this season already has begun. A deal is close to being completed that will sell a 15 percent share of the franchise to an investment group from China, a nation of 1.3 billion where James enjoys enormous popularity. Gilbert recited ratings from an NBA game in the fall of 2007, when he said 300 million Chinese viewers tuned in to watch Houston’s Yao Ming(notes) face Milwaukee’s Yi Jianlian(notes).

The Super Bowl is the most-watched American television broadcast with an average audience of more than 100 million, according to a number of studies. source....yahoo...

So if we were able to get Yi who is a 6'11'' power forward with a nice offensive game, China would love us. Not only do they own some of our team, we got lebron, and we got Yi who is their version if Lebron.

Maybe we could work a deal were we get Redd and Yi, or just Yi. I would be happy to give up our 1st round pick for Yi. I think the bucks would be willing to part with him since he Yi was pretty bad last year. He would be a nice young international talent to have.

thoughts.

the nba were dreams take place.

NEWS FLASH:

Yi is a New Jersey Net now. :thumbup:

i like his skill set but is NJ willing to give him up for just a draft pick? that would also help lebron stay in cleveland would they want that? all questions that need to be answerd but if u could get yi for draft picks i say pull the trigger hell yeah

i like his skill set but is NJ willing to give him up for just a draft pick? that would also help lebron stay in cleveland would they want that? all questions that need to be answers but if u could get yi for draft picks i say pull the trigger hell yeah

Maybe if we traded an expiring for Vince Carter. I'm not even sure they want to get rid of Wince anymore though.

didnt they find out hes like 34

Trust me.......NJ fans won't mind gettin rid of Vince but the question is.......WHO GIVES A SHITE about Yi? I don't think Yi is the drastic piece we need right now :chuckles:

okay you post a YouTube video of him as a Buck, but that doesn't still make him a Buck. He is a NJ Net and they are not going to do anything to improve this team and keep LeBron on it. Plus, Yi hasn't even really impressed me.

meh

I'm not that impressed. He needs to prove to me that he belongs on a starting roster for me to care. He needs to even prove he's a more valuable bench player than what we have. Until then,

meh

sorry i forgot that he was a net.

ben wallace/sasha/ our first/

for

Vince Carter/ Yi Jianlian

meh

I'm not that impressed. He needs to prove to me that he belongs on a starting roster for me to care. He needs to even prove he's a more valuable bench player than what we have. Until then,

meh

BUY LOW, SELL HIGH brother!

Yi...kind of sucks...really doesn't have a low post game, doesn't defend, doesn't rebound and gets his points from a midrange jumper...I feel if he came here he might suffer the same fate as Sasha...

I've never been impressed with Yi.

He has zero bulk, doesn't defend the paint well, and doesn't have much of a polished post game. Plus, in games vs. the Cavs he's looked awful.

didnt they find out hes like 34

Wikipedia lists him as 21, but also says:

There has been controversy over Yi's age, as several reports have testified that his officially listed birth date of October 27, 1987,[2] was intentionally falsified so he would be able to play longer in junior competitions. Yi has refused to comment on his age.[3][4]

In 2004, Yi was listed as being born in 1984 in China's Four Nation Tournament,[51] although Chinese officials said that it was probably a typographical error.[52] Two years later, Fran Blinebury of The Houston Chronicle reported that Yi told Shane Battier he was 24 in an exhibition game before the 2006 FIBA World Championship,[53] although the story was refuted by both Yi and Battier.[54][55] Yi is not the first Chinese player to come under scrutiny, as former NBA player Wang Zhizhi has been listed as being born in both 1977 and 1979.[56][57]

In 2006, a senior CBA official admitted that past youth squads had included players above the permitted age,[58] and Yi's longtime American teammate in China, Jason Dixon, said to Chad Ford that Yi was "21 or 22...It's pretty common over [in China] to change ages".[59] In 2007, a Chinese government registration site made public by hackers showed Yi's date of birth as being in 1984,[60] and in December 2008, a Chinese reporter discovered school registration forms that listed Yi as being born in 1984.[61]

84, would mean he's 25.

Yi is terrible. The Nets would no doubt dump him on us if they could.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."