• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

You Have $15

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
Make your starting lineup. You have to choose one player from each position but you don't have to play them at that position. Theoretically, you can take LeBron James and play him at point guard if you want, although you'd still have to find a spot in the lineup for your actual drafted point guard.

Also, if you want to specify a different year for a player, then go for it. I just listed what I personally thought was each player's best season.

Point Guard
'87 Magic Johnson - $5
'63 Oscar Robertson - $4
'16 Stephen Curry - $3
'89 John Stockton - $2
'07 Steve Nash / '09 Chris Paul - $1

Shooting Guard
'93 Michael Jordan - $5
'06 Kobe Bryant - $4
'09 Dwyane Wade - $3
'70 Jerry West - $2
'06 Allen Iverson / '88 Clyde Drexler - $1

Small Forward
'13 LeBron James - $5
'87 Larry Bird - $4
'81 Julius Erving - $3
'14 Kevin Durant - $2
'62 Elgin Baylor / '94 Scottie Pippen - $1

Power Forward
'03 Tim Duncan - $5
'90 Karl Malone - $4
'07 Dirk Nowitzki - $3
'88 Charles Barkley - $2
'04 Kevin Garnett / '62 Bob Pettit - $1

Center
'72 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - $5
'62 Wilt Chamberlain - $4
'00 Shaquille O'Neal - $3
'94 Hakeem Olajuwon - $2
'60 Bill Russell / '82 Moses Malone - $1

VERY interesting.. :)

Here's what I come up with at first glance..

PG: Steph Curry (he's not playing point, relax)
SG: Michael Jordan (of course)
SF: LeBron James (actual point guard)
PF: Kevin Garnett (completely undervalued here)
C: Bill Russell (for a buck? count me in)

Spent $15.

You might think this is a perimeter oriented team, but.. I think Curry demands the double in the modern NBA rules. Jordan is good for 50, and James has the court vision.

A Russell/Garnett front-court is totally fine to have the Top 2 players in history on the wing, with the best shooter in history in the backcourt.

Count me in.

Would love to see other teams, though.

This is what I have for now, although this is just thrown together without much critical thinking. I'm sure I'll amend it at some point. I love pairing Nash with Malone and Shaq. Then you have an almost seven foot tall sniper in Durant. Jordan is Jordan.

RmxS3Xbp

Nash/MJ/LBJ/Barkley/Olajuwon

Nash - Can drain the 3 if off ball or can cause havoc running the show with LBJ and MJ running the floor. For $1? Hell yes.

MJ - Well, duh

LBJ - Off the ball w/ Nash/MJ or setting those guys up

Barkley - Dominant rebounder, can run the floor

Olajuwon - Dominant defensive center

I dare you to bring it into the paint and/or try to get offensive rebounds on this squad.

Stockton, Jordan, LeBron, KG, Hakeem. Defense would be nasty. Lots of steals, deflections, blocked shots.

I have no idea how Jerry West would look defensively in today's NBA but offensively only in today's NBA I'd go:

Curry, West, LeBron, Dirk, Hakeem and light up the scoreboard with threes.

PG - Nash ($1)
SG - Jordan ($5)
SF - James ($5)
PF - KG ($1)
C - Olajuwon ($2)

TOTAL - $14

It starts with LBJ and MJ. People talk about MJ and Scottie? Well this is MJ and Scottie on roids. They can easily cover for Nash's defensive deficiencies allowing for him to run, maybe, the greatest offense of all time. Imagine the PnR's Nash would run with KG... Jordan, James and Olajuwon provide just enough shooting to keep the floor spread. But Nash is also one of the best spot up shooters of all time, giving Olajuwon, James, Jordan and KG, whoever you want, the ability to post up in space. James, Jordan, KG and Hakeem can all slide over to different positions. This team would be a MONSTER defensively, even with Nash on the floor. Add to it that you have, essentially, three point guards on the floor in Nash, James and KG, plus two guys that made smart passes... what a team.

PG - Nash ($1)
SG - Jordan ($5)
SF - James ($5)
PF - KG ($1)
C - Olajuwon ($2)

TOTAL - $14

It starts with LBJ and MJ. People talk about MJ and Scottie? Well this is MJ and Scottie on roids. They can easily cover for Nash's defensive deficiencies allowing for him to run, maybe, the greatest offense of all time. Imagine the PnR's Nash would run with KG... Jordan, James and Olajuwon provide just enough shooting to keep the floor spread. But Nash is also one of the best spot up shooters of all time, giving Olajuwon, James, Jordan and KG, whoever you want, the ability to post up in space. James, Jordan, KG and Hakeem can all slide over to different positions. This team would be a MONSTER defensively, even with Nash on the floor. Add to it that you have, essentially, three point guards on the floor in Nash, James and KG, plus two guys that made smart passes... what a team.

This was my second team.. Very interesting we came to the same conclusions for the same reasons.

I swapped out Russell for Hakeem, and then picked up Nash from Curry to cover the difference.

By the way, since I have $1 left over, can I get CP3 for my bench? :chuckle:

This was my second team.. Very interesting we came to the same conclusions for the same reasons.

I swapped out Russell for Hakeem, and then picked up Nash from Curry to cover the difference.

Great minds...

Curry, West, Durant, Nowitzki, and Russell.

I'll just shoot everyone out of the gym, have the greatest defender and rebounder of all time to clean up the mess, and have a ton of money to spare on my bench :).

'07 Dwyane Wade - $3
'14 Kevin Durant - $2
'94 Scottie Pippen - $1
'13 LeBron James - $5
'00 Shaquille O'Neal - $3

Position less basketball around Shaq. Have fun trying to score on this lineup.

Prime O'Neal tears apart everyone but Wilt (who I doubt would be interested in this hypothetical time machine basketball tourney). Can we please imagine 6'7'' - 210 lb Bill Russell trying to keep 7'2'' - 320 lb Shaquille O'Neal away from the basket? He'd have to jump on and ride him like a remora.

Jordan, Johnson, Garnett, Olajuwon, and Pippen. Only costs 14 dollars. Anyways, this is not the first team I made... I made two others that have already been taken. So, in the interests of a different team, I came up with this one. Defense, passing, execution. Also, have good size. You only have so many basketballs, so Pippen is just fine as the 5th player.

PG - Nash ($1)
SG - Jordan ($5)
SF - James ($5)
PF - KG ($1)
C - Olajuwon ($2)

TOTAL - $14

That's almost my lineup except I like Russell at center. I think a KG/Russell front-court would be a defensive nightmare. Nash's long-range and KG's mid-range ability spaces the floor for LeBron, MJ, and Russell to attack/bang.

Point Guard
'07 Steve Nash - $1

Shooting Guard
'93 Michael Jordan - $5

Small Forward
'13 LeBron James - $5

Power Forward
'04 Kevin Garnett - $1

Center
'60 Bill Russell - $1

Total = $13.

I use the remaining $2 to buy stock in the team.

Stockton, Jordan, LeBron, KG, Hakeem. Defense would be nasty. Lots of steals, deflections, blocked shots.

I have no idea how Jerry West would look defensively in today's NBA but offensively only in today's NBA I'd go:

Curry, West, LeBron, Dirk, Hakeem and light up the scoreboard with threes.
The first lineup was what I was about to post. Stockton is super under rated. I was just looking at buying a Stockton jersey today.

If I was going value pick, best bang for the buck. I'd go Stockton, Wade, Scottie, Barkley, and Russell. That is 9 bucks. Still got a full 6 bucks to spare.

Reactions: Zog
PG: Curry $3
SG: Jordan $5
SF: Bird $4
PF: Garnett $1
C: Olajuwon $2

I started with Jordan, and the pegs fell right into place from there. Give him two of the best shooters to ever play the game, and two dominant seven footers.

Especially in today's game, I think this team would hold up better than any other combination of players.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."