• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

You taking any Browns this year?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jonmchugh

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I took way too many Browns last year and got killed. I think I learned my lesson. Last year I took Anderson (WTF was I thinking!!), Lewis, Edwards and Winslow. Gonna stay away from all of those guys. I might take a flier on Cribbs this year in the later rounds. Hesitant on taking Lewis because of his age and Edwards because of his drops last year. I might take Phil Dawson though as my kicker. What Browns did you take in your draft or what Browns do you plan on taking?

Jon

In my last draft, a guy took Brady Quinn in the 8th (8th!!!) round of a 12 round draft. Kellen got taken in the 6th or so, Braylon in the 7th.

I laughed quietly at each pick thinking I knew full well how those picks will turn out for them. Then as I thought about it I realized: in all reality it's almost impossible to know what could happen with any of those guys in any given year.

From the little I've learned about fantasy, that seems to be the kiss of death for a team. Short answer: take no Browns whatsoever unless Braylon is available in the 12th.

I was thinking about taking Cribs as my RB / WR because in my league you get 6 pts a piece for Kickoff returns for TDs and 6 for punt return TDs so he maybe the only one.

I got Winslow, I figured he'll be productive now that he isn't a Brown anymore. I also took a flier on Harrison, I'm banking on Mangini actually playing him. I picked him up in the 12th, so it was all good.

Maybe in a deep league take one of the backup running backs or Furrey or Cribbs. Might get a little lucky. I wouldn't take any that you had to use a significant pick on.

Cribbs is worth a pick if your league counts return yardage and individual tackles.

He's good for 1500-2000 combined kick/punt return yards, 2-3 touchdowns, and 20 plus tackles on special teams on top of whatever he may produce this year offensively.

In my league, which counts all those things, return men on teams with crappy defenses are sneakily valuable because of how many chances they get per game.

For instance, Johnnie Lee Higgins of the Raiders was the 24th ranked WR in my league last year, ahead of better receivers like Coles, Ginn, Mason, and Houshmandzadeh

I took Braylon last season and only started him like twice before I cut him. So this year at the draft basically everyone avoided Braylon until this one guy left and had his friend picking for him (he also has Michael Vick and Brett Favre on his team).

If DA is the starter, you may want to take a flier on him late. Very late. While jig hates him and his mom, he can put up large numbers.
Cribbs, BE for sure. James Davis as a late late rounder and stash him. Jerome Harrison is hurt and Jamal will need to be spelled.

Side note* Isn't it weird that every one of our RB's names start with J? Jamal, Jerome, James.

I actually like Steve Heiden if Brady is the starting quarterback. I'm also going to stash Jamal at the end of my bench.

I grabbed Lewis as my 4th running back late in our draft, like the 10th round. The only other Brown I picked up was Cribbs and I grabbed him with my 18th pick. My last pick of draft. It sucks in our league because we don't count return yards but I think he will have a good year at wideout.

I might grab Dawson during the season. I just switch k's up every week. I was thinking of grabbing Elam or McDonald...

If DA is the starter, you may want to take a flier on him late. Very late.

Sure, I can agree with that. If you have a 12 round draft, I think it would make sense to take him somewhere around the 15th or 16th round.

I'd def take Phil in the last round and might even take Braylon a few rounds in. I have a feeling he's gonna have another breakout year ala 2007.

i don't know why people are avoiding Edwards like the plague.

it's a contract year for him.... he's playing for his next pay check.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."