• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

You want Sessions? You can have him for nothing

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smooth

Your Writer’s Favorite Writer
Staff member
Reaction score
Timberwolves looking to trade Sessions

After signing Ramon Sessions(notes) to a four-year, $16 million contract a year ago, Minnesota Timberwolves general manager David Kahn is trying to unload the guard to teams able to absorb his salary, league executives told Yahoo! Sports.

“They’re basically looking for a salary dump,” said an executive with a team who spoke to Minnesota. “That won’t be easy.”

Kahn’s plan this time?

Trying to sign point guard Luke Ridnour(notes) to an identical four-year, $16 million contract, league sources said.

Still, Ridenour has shown little interest with the T’wolves, sources said, and seems willing to wait for a more compelling offer. What’s unclear is how this would affect Minnesota with Jonny Flynn(notes) as the starting point guard and the rights to Spain’s Ricky Rubio(notes), who could come to the NBA after the 2010-11 season.

Minnesota has also shown serious interest with free-agent point guard Shaun Livingston(notes), sources said.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, 4:55 p.m. ET, July 11

So basically the Cavs could essentially get Sessions for Delonte or our TE.. I'd be willing to bet they'd dump him for an expiring (Telfair, Parker, Moon, etc)...

Sessions isn't a bad player but the problem right now is that he's not worth the money he's due because he can't shoot and he's torrid on defense...

From the T-Wolves the only players I would trade for are Jonny Flynn or Ricky Rubio. Period.

From the T-Wolves the only players I would trade for are Jonny Flynn or Ricky Rubio. Period.

I understand why some don't want Jefferson, but not even Kevin Love or Wes Johnson?

Ridnour is a decent player, but looks like Kahn has not learned his lesson.

Delonte, cash, pick, and Parker for Sessions and Brewer? I like Brewer for us a lot.

Isn't it funny how quickly a player's trade value changes? I remember some people on this forum wanted Sessions a year ago, even though it would have been at a higher price.

If we trade for Sessions, send mo out to Portland for Rudy

Sign Josh Chilldress or trade for Marvin

Sessions / Boobie
Rudy / Parker
Chill or Marv / Moon
JJ / Jamison
Varejao / JJ

I think I would rather take a look at Shaun Livingston or Kyle Lowry in free agency over Sessions for an asset.

How bout Jefferson and Sessions for Delonte, Andy, some of TE and a future pick (none of the ones from the Lebron trade)

How bout Jefferson and Sessions for Delonte, Andy, some of TE and a future pick (none of the ones from the Lebron trade)

shaq.gif

EH...no thanks.

I think I'd just rather have Lowry if we had to choose between the two, he's cheaper, same age, and basically same production.

I like Sessions. Why not trade our TPE and Delonte for Sessions and Big Al?

Now we have a core of Al-Hickson-Sessions and Eyenga-Green. We start packaging Mo or Jamison with Parker for a true center and SF. We are already in talks for Josh Childress. Potentially we could have a lineup of: Center-Big Al-SF-Childress-Sessions. I'd want to develop Hickson though so we could forget about Al and just start Hickson, and use the TPE to trade for some sort of star. I don't know, there are so many possibilities it feels like...

I'd rather go after Lowry, the guy fits our defensive focus and could prosper under Byron Scott in my opinion.

I would do Kevin Love and Jonny Flynn for Delonte and Andy or JJ + picks.. problem is Minny probably wouldn't.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."