• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Your 2018 Browns Plans!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sportscoach

RD's Guardians PR Man!
Reaction score
Seems like everyone has different plans for the 2018 offseason and season when it comes to what we are doing and who we should pick up. Let’s make this thread to talk about what we would personally do and see how right we are when the next season starts!

Since I am usually the most out there in takes, I will start us off!

We will keep who we have in place, but may add an OC/someone to help out Jackson

First off I feel we will sign CB Trumaine Johnson,QB AJ McCarron, a WR and a Safety in Free Agency. Britt will be cut here as welll!

McCarron will be named the starter.

In the draft we will get S Minkah Fitzpatrick number 1, Trade down from 7 for WR Washington/Sutton and trade up for QB Allen.

The trade down will net us another second round pick like a mid second round, so we should have two picks in the 40s and 64 and 65.

So with our next 4 picks we will draft 1-2 RBs another WR and 1-2 DB/BPA. I’d actually like to get out of our first 7 picks S, 2 WR, QB, 2 RB and BPA (Likely a CB or LB)

So depth charts would look like

QB McCarron, Kizer, Allen
WR Coleman, Gordon, Veteran, 2 Draft WRs
RB 2 drafted RBs, Johnson and Dayes
CB Who we have now plus Johnson
S Peppers, Kindred, Veteran, Minkah

I know people question my QB idea, but for better or for worse Hue will get his guy and his head will role if this fails, but one more season will be allowed for him to prove himself.

Now, I want your guys plan, not just a counter argument to mine!

Edit: Ps. @MoFlo @Randolphkeys i will offer up a 25 dollar gift card to Amazon to whoever is the closest to the Browns 2018 offseason so peeps participate and make sure peeps don’t forget about this! I guess if I am the closest all of you have to make a thread worshipping me! Jk on that part, but I will get a card for whoever is the closest and you can be the Judges Moflo and Randolphkeys

Last edited:
-Win a game and end up with #2 pick
-Have Josh Rosen #1 on big board, Giants trade with 49ers and take Rosen despite Browns having 6 picks in the Top 65
-Trade back, miss out on Darnold
-Draft a DT and OT with first 2 picks
-Trade into Late 1st to take a very polarizing QB: Allen, Rudolph, Mayfield
-Trade a 2nd for McCarron and immediately give him a new lucrative contract

I'll PM you my email for the Amazon gift card

Realistic hopes for the draft, without getting too specific

-Rosen at #1
-Trade into Top 5 for Fitzpatrick should HOU pick land in Top 10 (Give up Phi 2nd or Cle 3rd)
-Target best WR & CB available with Cle 2nd and Hou 2nd
-RB with Phi 2nd/Cle 3rd
-BPA onward

Realistic hopes for the draft, without getting too specific

-Rosen at #1
-Trade into Top 5 for Fitzpatrick should HOU pick land in Top 10 (Give up Phi 2nd or Cle 3rd)
-Target best WR & CB available with Cle 2nd and Hou 2nd
-RB with Phi 2nd/Cle 3rd
-BPA onward

Your first post was way closer to what is actually gonna happen.

Draft
R1 Browns: Josh Rosen
R1 Texans: Derwin James
R2 Browns: WR
R2 Texans: RB
R2 Eagles: OT

Free Agency
Bring back Josh McCown to be QB3 behind Rosen and Kizer
We offer Crowell market value, he tries to pull a Pryor but ends up back with us for cheap
Spend a majority of our cap on: CB, LB, OT
Zane gets the boot and we bring in another kicker

Saving the worst for last: No one is fired

Coaching: For the first time in over a decade, we actually give a coach and FO a third season. Naturally, we decide a staff that goes 1-31 or 2-30 are the guys most worthy of this third season. Because consistency!

Free Agency:
We sign some guys, but no one that is a big name or has much impact. We also sign Kellen Clemens or Drew Stanton to compete for the starting job. Gotta have that veteran presence!

Draft: No QB is taken, because Kizer "showed enough" the last few games to earn another season. We probably trade down and make some confusing picks on players that most fans are torn on, leading to arguments on here.

2018 Season: We watch bad football. Some fans claim to "be done" with the team for the 50th time. The more optimistic fans say we are only "a good draft" away from being contenders.

Note: This post is meant to be tongue in cheek. But if it actually happens, I still want the gift card.

Draft: No QB is taken, because Kizer "showed enough" the last few games to earn another season. We probably trade down and make some confusing picks on players that most fans are torn on, leading to arguments on here.

You forgot the final stage of this, that by July/August fans on here have mostly talked themselves into the picks and are ready to go, predicting 11-5 season and a playoff berth.

You forgot the final stage of this, that by July/August fans on here have mostly talked themselves into the picks and are ready to go, predicting 11-5 season and a playoff berth.
I also forgot to mention that despite these lofty expectations, the 2018 Tank Thread will show up around Week 5 @The Wizard of Moz

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."