• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Zach Randolph arrested on suspicion of DUI

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zog

Formerly Northstar. The Block, The Shot, The Stop
Reaction score
I can't find a link, but it was reported on SportsCenter that Randolph was arrested and is currently behind bars without bail after he was seen swerving between lanes at 2:25 in the morning in his Rolls Royce.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/sports/Zach-Randolph-Arrested-for-DUI.html

Zach Randolph Arrested for DUI

By BRETT POLLAKOFF

Updated 8:57 AM PDT, Mon, Apr 6, 2009

z-bo-dui.jpg

Zach Randolph was arrested for DUI early Monday morning after being pulled over around 2:25AM, TMZ is reporting. The details:

Randolph was pulled over by California Highway Patrol officers on the 405 Freeway when they spotted Randolph's white Rolls Royce weaving in and out of his lane at around 2:25 AM.

Cops say when they approached the car, they "noticed an odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from within the vehicle" and proceeded to perform some field tests on the 6'9," 255 pound 27-year-old. Randolph failed those and was arrested for DUI.

Whether it's fair or not, this is just another indictment on the Clippers' coach and GM, Mike Dunleavy.

Dunleavy went out and traded for Randolph this season, in a move that brought plenty of on-the-court production, but one that completely ignored Randolph's history of questionable behavior off of it. And this isn't even Randolph's first indiscretion with Los Angeles; remember, he punched Suns' forward Lou Amundson in the face during a game earlier this year, and received a two-game suspension because of it.

Sure, Randolph has put up averages of over 21 points and 10 rebounds per game this season. But the Clippers aren't going anywhere, so why risk $15 million per year of your salary cap on a questionable character guy if you're truly trying to turn this team into a winner? It was a poor decision, and one that should ultimately cost Dunleavy his GM job.

We all know the Lakers dominate the basketball headlines in this town. It's too bad the only way the Clippers can compete is by stealing the ones on the gossip pages.

Copyright NBC Local Media

All those missed threes late in games takes a toll on a man's soul...

Damn I wish that we would have traded for him so our team could havwe made headlines this way.

Marbury spending time in LA... Isiah being rumored to be interested in the Clippers job..

Coincidence ?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RSByXfL4dU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1RSByXfL4dU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hmm. I wonder if the pressures of being better than Chris Bosh are finally taking their toll on the man who takes dumps on the three point line at crucial moments of games...

Hmm...

~Jim

Not a suprise here, his life imitates his on court actions. On the court he wont give up the ball, off the court he wont give up the keys. Either way, he doesnt make winning decisions.

Hmm. I wonder if the pressures of being better than Chris Bosh are finally taking their toll on the man who takes dumps on the three point line at crucial moments of games...

Hmm...

~Jim

When Zach said he was better than Bosh, I wonder if he meant Rupaul....

When Zach said he was better than Bosh, I wonder if he meant Rupaul....

Lets be honest here, Zach is much better than Bosh. He is much better at getting his money worth than Bosh is at the buffet. Infact, Zach is one of the best in the nba when it comes to dollar for dollar eating at a buffet.

A Zach Randolph DUI = Dog bites man news story.

I'm surprised he doesn't get questioned for public intoxication every time he shoots a 3.

I'm surprised he doesn't get questioned for public intoxication every time he shoots a 3.

He has once....I saw him pump fake once, put the ball on the floor, and then run over the defender. The ref not only called the charge, but he had security arrest him on the spot for driving while intoxicated. :chuckles:

It is mind boggling to me. Why can't these athletes get a driver? It is especially unforgivable given what has just happened to Stallworth.

It is mind boggling to me. Why can't these athletes get a driver? It is especially unforgivable given what has just happened to Stallworth.

Yeah, it's BS. They think they are above the law. Personally, people like Vick and Stallworth deserve to never play in the NFL again.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."