• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Zach Randolph to Nets for Richard Jefferson?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KanAbyssKid

Rookie
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/...lt=AoHWhITjlZZq_Ro8fjj33JS8vLYF?urn=nba,37377

Nets will sign Carter, go after Blazers' Randolph

Monday, Jun 25, 2007 12:31 pm EDT
Vince Carter

Once the New Jersey Nets get Vince Carter's signature on a four-year, $60 million contract, insiders say they'll investigate making a move for the Portland Trailblazers' Zach Randolph.

Randolph's post presence would give them an attractive alternative to Carter's outside work, while his board work is something they definitely could use.

To get him, they'd have to send a big package to the Blazers, starting with Richard Jefferson, whose development is being hindered by Carter's presence.

Source: New York Daily News

i think this deal helps both teams quite a bit. the nets need what randolph brings more than what jefferson brings, given their chasm at pf and the fact that they've already got vince on the wing.

i've always thought jefferson was an extremely good player: very talented, very efficient, smart, tough defender. sort of a better shane battier. he'll be a good influence on that young portland team...a team that's gonna be very good very soon:

jack/sergio rodriguez
roy/webster/fred jones
jefferson/udoka/outlaw/miles
aldridge/lafrentz
oden/przybilla

btw, why hasn't miles been cut or traded yet? ditching him is textbook addition by subtraction.

KanAbyssKid said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/...lt=AoHWhITjlZZq_Ro8fjj33JS8vLYF?urn=nba,37377

Nets will sign Carter, go after Blazers' Randolph

Monday, Jun 25, 2007 12:31 pm EDT
Vince Carter

Once the New Jersey Nets get Vince Carter's signature on a four-year, $60 million contract, insiders say they'll investigate making a move for the Portland Trailblazers' Zach Randolph.

Randolph's post presence would give them an attractive alternative to Carter's outside work, while his board work is something they definitely could use.

To get him, they'd have to send a big package to the Blazers, starting with Richard Jefferson, whose development is being hindered by Carter's presence.

Source: New York Daily News

i think this deal helps both teams quite a bit. the nets need what randolph brings more than what jefferson brings, given their chasm at pf and the fact that they've already got vince on the wing.

i've always thought jefferson was an extremely good player: very talented, very efficient, smart, tough defender. sort of a better shane battier. he'll be a good influence on that young portland team...a team that's gonna be very good very soon:

jack/sergio rodriguez
roy/webster/fred jones
jefferson/udoka/outlaw/miles
aldridge/lafrentz
oden/przybilla

btw, why hasn't miles been cut or traded yet? ditching him is textbook addition by subtraction.

He makes 8 million a year...you cut that you still owe him his 48mill/6years...and he hasn't been traded because he thinks he's far better than he is. No one wants a guy who overvalues himself when he's not worth 4 mill a year let alone 8 and doesn't put in the effort to get better.

The funniest thing about this article? The Nets are going to pay Vince Carter $60M over four years!!! :rofl:

chiefwahoo56 said:
The funniest thing about this article? The Nets are going to pay Vince Carter $60M over four years!!! :rofl:

I would rather do that then pay Larry Hughes what was it 65 mill. over 5 years?If they pay Carter that it is only because they don't want him to go anywhere else.

TrueCavsFan23 said:
I would rather do that then pay Larry Hughes what was it 65 mill. over 5 years?If they pay Carter that it is only because they don't want him to go anywhere else.

Hughes is beside the point... the Nets are overpaying for a me-first underachiever whose best days are behind him. If they lock him up for four more years at that price it's just one less team in the East to worry about. Now we get to watch him shrink in the playoffs for a few more seasons.

I don't see why the Blazers would want RJ

chiefwahoo56 said:
Hughes is beside the point... the Nets are overpaying for a me-first underachiever whose best days are behind him. If they lock him up for four more years at that price it's just one less team in the East to worry about. Now we get to watch him shrink in the playoffs for a few more seasons.

So what you are saying is they are doing what we did with Ilgauskas?

TrueCavsFan23 said:
So what you are saying is they are doing what we did with Ilgauskas?

Exactly - except that Z actually puts in hard work and is a good guy. And isn't a me-first player.

^^^ Forgot to add that Z also fights through injuries, plays hurt, and doesn't complain about anything. Even in a tough situation on a losing team... just like VC ;)

Looks like ultimately Blazers will try to move one of Aldridge or Randolph, with leads to me thinking Oden is a lock to go to Portland...

I've also heard the Raptors are pursuing a Calderon for Aldridge swap with Aldridge going to a 3rd team for a SF...

I would trade for Aldridge. Would they be interested in Sasha?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."