• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Zach Randolph to the Clippers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

macbdog

Resident Luddite
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarski on Yahoo! Sports

The New York Knicks have agreed in principle to send power forward Zach Randolph to the Los Angeles Clippers, two league sources said Friday afternoon.

The Clippers would send Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley to the Knicks for Randolph and guard Mardy Collins.

After trading Jamal Crawford to the Golden State Warriors for Al Harrington on Friday morning, the Knicks would’ve cleared approximately $27 million in salary cap space for the summer of 2010 when their obsession, Cleveland’s LeBron James, can become a free agent.

Randolph will be making $17.3 million and Crawford, $10.1 million, in 2010. For the Knicks, this would create significant flexibility as that historic free agent class of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh hits the market.

I am going to laugh when the Knicks end up in 2nd place on every major FA in 2010.

Last edited:
If Kaman is on the block we need to be part of it.

Seriously...

This is not good for me as i have kaman on my fantasy team....

Incredible. The Knicks are betting the farm on LeBron going there. If LBJ doesn't sign with New York, that franchise could be crippled.

Well if the Knicks are getting Camby back, then Kaman won't be on the block. Hopefully they trade them Mobley instead of Camby.

The poor Clippers. They are trying so hard, and they will just never be good.

It was Mobley who was the other player. This gives the Clips kaman, randolph, and camby. Could Kaman really be available now?

It was Mobley who was the other player. This gives the Clips kaman, randolph, and camby. Could Kaman really be available now?

One of those three has to be. I'm going to bet it isn't Camby or Randolph.

Well one of Camby or Kaman has to be you would think. I highly doubt they want to be paying a bench player a ton of money. They seem to be trying to win now though, I don't think they would want Wally. They are probably looking for somebody that can actually contribute at the SG position.

B-Diddy
?
Thornton
Randolph
Kaman/Camby

That lineup doesn't exactly say rebuilding mode to me. Even though it's not going to happen in the West, they seem to be trying to win now.

Why would you trade for Zach Randolph's huge contract if you are looking for an expiring contract? I don't see us as a player in a trade with Kaman.

Why would the Clippers be in win now mode, when they're 2-9? :chuckles: I believe Kaman was made avaible a few weeks ago, before the Randolph trade, so I'd assume he is even more avaible now.

Well one of Camby or Kaman has to be you would think. I highly doubt they want to be paying a bench player a ton of money. They seem to be trying to win now though, I don't think they would want Wally. They are probably looking for somebody that can actually contribute at the SG position.

B-Diddy
?
Thornton
Randolph
Kaman/Camby

That lineup doesn't exactly say rebuilding mode to me. Even though it's not going to happen in the West, they seem to be trying to win now.

Why would you trade for Zach Randolph's huge contract if you are looking for an expiring contract? I don't see us as a player in a trade with Kaman.

I would say make it a 3 team deal with chicago and send them ben gordon but chicago would probably want Kaman so they wouldnt do that.

Why would the Clips give up on Kaman? Since when is having 3 quality big a surplass. I think we can vouch that a 4th big is handy, so us just wandering along offering a Wally contract isn't gonna cut it.

Get fantasy land out of the NBA forum and over to fantasy land (aka Trade Ideas forum).

just got the text update from espn
knicks get: tim thomas and cuttino mobley
clippers get: zach randolph and mardy collins

what a wild day for the knicks

i think that makes kaman available but the problem is at least 20 teams will and could more than us for kaman

Explain how Kaman is available?

Is Paul Davis or Brian Skinner gonna be the 3rd big?

I think the Clipper could co-exist with all 3. The Clippers have had serious issues scoring points, and the downgrade from Brand to Camby was one of the reasons why. Kaman was able to get his playing next to Brand, I think he will continue to get his playing next to Randolph.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."