• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Zach Randolph

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jezzar

Your own Euroleague Guru
Reaction score
Checking out the boxscores, I noticed that Zach Randolph is possibly playing the best ball of his career.

Anyone else find it interesting that he is putting that effort in for a losing team like LA Clips?

Checking out the boxscores, I noticed that Zach Randolph is possibly playing the best ball of his career.

Anyone else find it interesting that he is putting that effort in for a losing team like LA Clips?

Glad this isn't another "trade for" thread. But no, he is King of the Empty Boxscore. The worse the team he's on the more fun he'll have getting his numbers. Put him and Larry Hughes on the same team and those two can have at it.

My take? He's not putting effort in for the team. He's putting in effort for his stats. Story of his careeer.

Glad this isn't another "trade for" thread. But no, he is King of the Empty Boxscore. The worse the team he's on the more fun he'll have getting his numbers. Put him and Larry Hughes on the same team and those two can have at it.

Well Larry can't even play for his numbers lol...Anyone saw his airball 3 againts Boston? Wide open too :chuckles:

But seriously, I don't think Zach is playing just for his numbers at the moment. I watched quite a few Clips games and I thought he's trying to help the team. Maybe I'm too optimistic lol

By the way, Jigo, I'd never ask for a Zach trade. It is well documented that he's not a good teammate and he would never be a good fit for our Cavs. I just wondered if there are more people like myself shocked of his play at Clips. I expected him to struggle mightily with Baron.

I know his stats don't mean much since the Clips are still losing, and Zach is still a locker-room cancer who does care more about his stats than his teams record, but his most impressive stat isn't his 25 PPG, 10 RPG, great FG%. No, IMO, it is 3 APG. Career high for Zach. The black-hole is passing the ball.

Look at the Clippers. Baron Davis, Zach Randolph, Chris Kaman, Marcus Camby, and Al Thornton. That's loads of talent. Too bad they don't know how to play togethor. If I was their GM, I would look to trade everyone BUT Thornton for young talent to try and rebuild. Not sure how much they can get for any of them, though.

My take? He's not putting effort in for the team. He's putting in effort for his stats. Story of his careeer.

why is that such a popular take? it's a like a few analysts say it, and everyone jumps on that bandwagon. it's the same thing as "Kobe has more will to win then anyone". Are you telling me that guys like Wade and Lebron, and hell even role guys like Andy don't want to win games as much as Kobe. It's an asinine statement.

Randolph's been a great fit for the Clippers. Anyone just chalking off his stats to hollow numbers is making an ignorant assessment. Did anyone see that bulls clippers game earlier this week. Randolph was absolutely carrying that team in the 4th and overime, only to have them go away from him on the last possession. He would have won them that game if Al Thornton didn't decide a 20 foot fallaway with a hand in his face was a better option then letting Randolph get to the line AGAIN, like he had all overtime long. He was crashing the boards hard, and working his ass off to get position for baskets on Nocioni.

I'm not saying he would have fit here. I don't even care about that frankly. I"m not saying that he isn't a bit of a blackhole on offense. But there are a lot of post guys who fall into that category. My beloved Hakim Warrick is a blackhole. Hell you could say the same thing about JJ Hickson. Most of the time the ball goes into him, it's not coming back out. But Zach is delivering results, and people still want to kill the guy for what reason I'll never understand. Is it to make you feel better we didn't trade for him? 20 and 10, regardless of having holes in his game(defense), is of value to the Clippers. He's played great for them since the trade because they need exactly what he provides. It's irrelevant how good or bad that team is. You win and lose as a team.

Getting off the Knicks was good for him. No matter how bad they are doing it, they are trying to do something with the clippers. I think they could be a good team next year.

It would be funny to put all the stat stuffing guys together on a team and see what happens.

Yeah Randolph has always been talented, he just has a bad rep. He takes a lot of shots but he's at 50.4% FG for the clipps now. The Clipps don't win because they have Baron/Zach/Gordon/Thornton all playing like over 40 mpg and taking 12-20 shots each.

Yeah Randolph has always been talented, he just has a bad rep. He takes a lot of shots but he's at 50.4% FG for the clipps now. The Clipps don't win because they have Baron/Zach/Gordon/Thornton all playing like over 40 mpg and taking 12-20 shots each.

Mo didn't have the greatest rep either. Fans find a way to blame players for the shortcomings of the teams, especially when they're the ones scoring the most. I'm not saying Randolph is without flaws, but to infer he cares more about numbers then winning is asinine. How would anyone know but him? His play sure makes me think he wants to win. He didn't seem happy to lose the other night.

I'm just saying some "reps" or lack thereof are a product of the environment. When Lebron's Cavs weren't as good, and the Heat were winning titles, how many people were saying things like "Wade is more ready to lead now". Now the situation is reversed and you don't see it said nearly as much. Because everyone wants to tie team success to the qualities of the individuals. It's a 5 man game. If Randolph doesn't care about winning, then every guy on those Knick and Blazer teams should be labeled the same way.

Getting off the Knicks was good for him. No matter how bad they are doing it, they are trying to do something with the clippers. I think they could be a good team next year.

It would be funny to put all the stat stuffing guys together on a team and see what happens.

They already tried that with the knicks from 2006-this year with Marbury, Randolph, Curry, Richardson, Crawford, Francis, etc. and also with the Nuggets with Melo, K-Mart, Iverson, J.R. Smith, Nene. Both of those teams turned out to be a bust. The Nuggets faired a little better because they have/had george karl as a coach as opposed to isiah thomas and the fact that when melo wants to play hard he can dominate a game.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."