• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas not likely to start for MIA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kypus

Diggers
Reaction score
I know we all "couldn't care less" because it's the Heat, etc, but...

Alex Kennedy tweets that defensive-minded Joel Anthony will start over Z for the Heat. I don't know how I feel about this, it just "is". A little weird to start a 6'9 guy at Center over Z, but Anthony spends all his energy on defense.

If Haslem gets out of his weed charge, they'll have complementary backcourts with offense/defense.
Start: Joel Anthony (def)/Chris Bosh (off)
Bench: Z (off)/ Haslem (def)

It's looking like Joel Anthony will be the starting center for the Miami Heat next season. He's projected to be the starter going into camp.

Anthony started ahead of Jamaal Magloire last season and Zydrunas Ilgauskas will likely be used in a reserve role as well.

http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

That would make sense to me. I'm sure the Heat will be running a lot and Z doesn't fit in with that. He'd be better when only one of James/Wade are in to help spread the floor.

Dwight Howard is booking his ticket to the NBA Finals.

I think the Celtics will have something to say about that. I have to think the Heat get the #1 seed and Boston beats Orlando and then faces Miami. I guess the Hawks could steal the #3 seed again and then we'd see Boston/Miami in round 2 and the winner against Orlando in the ECF.

I love Z, but unfortunately he has already begun a swan dive off of the cliff skill-wise.

He is still an okay rebounder, and he's a smart defender who knows how to use his length, but his lack of mobility makes him a liability defensively. Offensively, he has no more low-post game and while he's been known for his mid-range skills, efficiency wise he is in the midst of a sharp decline and quite honestly, he's not a guy who will burn you if you leave him alone anymore.

He won't be a major factor in any team winning a title and he certainly doesn't do anything to help Miami's interior.

They're going to need Joel Anthony to become defensive force to be able to beat L.A. or Orlando in a series.

If he started in MIA they would be idiots. Z is washed up. Maybe 12 limited minutes a game will fit him but I don't see him providing much.

I think the Celtics will have something to say about that. I have to think the Heat get the #1 seed and Boston beats Orlando and then faces Miami. I guess the Hawks could steal the #3 seed again and then we'd see Boston/Miami in round 2 and the winner against Orlando in the ECF.

That was me assuming that Orlando plays Miami in the ECF. :chuckles:

KG, Perks and Shaq could also be booking their ticket knowing they'll be facing a frontline of Anthony, Z and Haslem. The Boston frontline can just kick back on defensive and clog the lane. I don't even wanna imagine what Gasol, a healthy Bynum and Odom would do to the Miami frontline.

Dwight Howard is booking his ticket to the NBA Finals.

I think Dexter Pittman will have something to say about that. Dexter Pittman is huge, and pretty strong as well. Dwight Howard won't be able to just man handle him like he did Z and Varejao in the 09 ECF

I think Dexter Pittman will have something to say about that. Dexter Pittman is huge, and pretty strong as well. Dwight Howard won't be able to just man handle him like he did Z and Varejao in the 09 ECF

Tell that to Dwight Howard and he'll be booking tickets for himself and his entire extended family.

Honestly with Dwayne Wade, LeBron, Bosh they can beat anybody..

But someone with a dominant center is going to give them trouble but they still have the potential to blow them out if they get hot.

I'm not disrespecting anybody. All I did was post an opinion. The Heat are a good team, that's all.

That's great. But don't expect anyone on a Cavaliers forum to give a flying f**k. All of your posts have been aimlessly defending this recent batch of free agents and hyping up the Miami Heat. So I ask, why are you here (Real Cavs Fans)?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."