• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Zydrunas Rebounds His Way To Cav Record

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retire the #11
Reaction score
Zydrunas Ilgauskas with his 1620th offensive rebound last night become the highest offensive rebounder in Cavalier history. For a player with such a injury troubled past this is a fine effort. Ilgauskas passed former great center, Brad Daugherty who coincidentally was celebrating his bobblehead night against the Raptors.

Just imagine if Brad didn't have to retire at age 28.

Cleveland56 said:
Just imagine if Brad actually played past his 28th birthday.
It would have been an interesting battle between the two players if they were to have a reasonably healthy career. Z had his potential capped with injury crippling his future career, whilst Brad's was able to peak but not able to play on. Both great players and people for the franchise.

Pip's having a party.

Congrats Z for making the Cavalier record books.

80% of those offensive rebounds are off his own misses!

Great to see the congratulatory posts above rather than snide remarks.

Z has been rehabilitated and played through pain which would have caused most athletes to pack it in.

Through it all he has been an exemplary team player and a class act in the community.

Oops! This was written before the last post which was all too predictable.

Last edited:
Brad Daugherty is the grandson of a full blooded cherokee indian.

Merry Christmas mother******....

Good for Zydrunas Ilgauskas.. Really :)

I knew Brad Daugherty. He was a friend of mine. Zydrunas, you're no Brad Daugherty.

Different players, different era's. Hard to compare especially when Brad had the "luxury" of being able to play to his potential before injury shortened his career. Z unfortunately had his athletisism stolen through multiple foot surgeries. His comeback quite remarkable really capped with 2 allstar appearances. My favourite current and past Cavaliers on 1 and 2 on this list :thumbup:

RonHarperFan said:
I knew Brad Daugherty. He was a friend of mine. Zydrunas, you're no Brad Daugherty.
Brad Daugherty was the man.. And truly a guy you can say "didn't know what you had until it was gone" :(

20-10 seasons and could pass from the post...

In terms of Cavalier history for centers it goes as followed:

Brad Daugherty

Others

clevelandrox23 said:
80% of those offensive rebounds are off his own misses!
Maximus, I recall you having the stats that puts this stupid statement to bed.

It's kinda funny people actually still poke fun at a guy offensively rebounding. Never seen it as a negative, and it never will be.

Karma said:
Maximus, I recall you having the stats that puts this stupid statement to bed.

It's kinda funny people actually still poke fun at a guy offensively rebounding. Never seen it as a negative, and it never will be.

I find it a negative since most of the time when he gets the ball down low he can't finish :thumbdown Those misses cost us.

Not when Donyell misses a shot, Z gets the rebound and LBJ hits a 3 on that possesion.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."