Page 30 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,451 Times in 2,875 Posts

Default Re: New TV Series to watch

Any Elementary fans here? Watched it last night after the Super Bowl, now I find myself scrambling to catch up on all the previous episodes in this first season.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,018 Times in 1,986 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Any Elementary fans here? Watched it last night after the Super Bowl, now I find myself scrambling to catch up on all the previous episodes in this first season.
    Can't bring myself to do it because there's no way it could even come close to being as good as the BBC Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

Speaking of which, another GREAT GREAT show. There have only been 2 seasons, 3 episodes each and both are on Netflix. Everyone should catch up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to theSTEREO. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,451 Times in 2,875 Posts

It averages 10 million viewers... 20 million after the Super Bowl.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Adam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,065 Posts

I watch elementary, and even though it is not a patch on the BBC sherlock, it is a pretty good buddy cop show, it has some good stories and its easy to watch. It takes a while to get used to Johnny-Lee Miller though

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,521 Times in 4,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    The newest sparticus season is out now, I think they're on episode three.
    You know, I finally went back to rewatch the third season (Vengeance). I think it helps that I'm watching all the episodes over a short span of time as opposed to weekly like I tried originally (when I lost interest). I binge-watched the first two seasons like that and I think that was part of what hooked me. I actually bought the first season on blu-ray on a whim when it was on sale for like ten bucks. Vengeance is definitely much more enjoyable like this. I've pounded through seven episodes over the past four days (well, three I guess since I didn't watch anything but football Sunday). On eight now.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,908 Times in 2,497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sawduzt View Post
    I watch elementary, and even though it is not a patch on the BBC sherlock, it is a pretty good buddy cop show, it has some good stories and its easy to watch. It takes a while to get used to Johnny-Lee Miller though
    I heard about Elemantary, but couldn't remember it's name. So I searched for the new Sherlock Holmes series and found Sherlock. It was so good that I don't know if I want to watch Elementary now or not. I'm waiting for it to show up on netflix so I can start from the beginning if I do watch it. I do wish they would make more episodes/season of Sherlock. I suppose Martin Freeman staring in the Hobbit trilogy has some impact there, plus the fact that Steven Moffat has to fit it in breaks in Doctor Who and other projects.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 601 Posts

Psych is coming back in a few weeks.

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Adam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    I heard about Elemantary, but couldn't remember it's name. So I searched for the new Sherlock Holmes series and found Sherlock. It was so good that I don't know if I want to watch Elementary now or not. I'm waiting for it to show up on netflix so I can start from the beginning if I do watch it. I do wish they would make more episodes/season of Sherlock. I suppose Martin Freeman staring in the Hobbit trilogy has some impact there, plus the fact that Steven Moffat has to fit it in breaks in Doctor Who and other projects.
    The small production runs of sherlock is dilberate, Mark Gatiss who is the true lead writer and also plays mycroft, has gone on record to say he wants it to be event television, so they keep the production small. The stars like it because it fits with film roles (hobbit and star trek 2) its win win

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,521 Times in 4,041 Posts

The small production runs of sherlock is dilberate, Mark Gatiss who is the true lead writer and also plays mycroft, has gone on record to say he wants it to be event television, so they keep the production small. The stars like it because it fits with film roles (hobbit and star trek 2) its win win
    I'm sure that's the same reason people probably love working on Game of Thrones. You show up for two weeks to a month, film all your scenes, and then you're done for a year while the crew moves to a new location to shoot with different actors.

I'm just wondering how the hell directing works for that show. Do you have to show up at every location to film the scenes for your episode?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    I'm sure that's the same reason people probably love working on Game of Thrones. You show up for two weeks to a month, film all your scenes, and then you're done for a year while the crew moves to a new location to shoot with different actors.

I'm just wondering how the hell directing works for that show. Do you have to show up at every location to film the scenes for your episode?
    Most episodes have second and third units that shoot the lesser scenes, while the director shoots the main scenes.

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,436 Posts

House of Cards is a show that came on Netflix not that long ago, and its a Netflix exclusive. Its got Kevin Spacey in it, and he plays a Congressman is who is basically playing the politics game.

I'm about 3 episodes in, and its a pretty good show. I like it anyway. And as much as people on RCF love politics and know (or THINK they know) about politics, I'd figure alot of you would like it too.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walter White For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JK11 View Post
    House of Cards is a show that came on Netflix not that long ago, and its a Netflix exclusive. Its got Kevin Spacey in it, and he plays a Congressman is who is basically playing the politics game.

I'm about 3 episodes in, and its a pretty good show. I like it anyway. And as much as people on RCF love politics and know (or THINK they know) about politics, I'd figure alot of you would like it too.
    Been mentioned a couple times in this thread already. But yeah. 4 episodes in and I'm pretty hooked.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 599 Posts

I have it in my queue, I really need to start watching Sons Of Anarchy first.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveThous For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 Times in 775 Posts

First 2 episodes of House of Cards down, and I'm hooked. Spacey is SO good in this, and the pacing/storytelling/style is just so dark for a show like this.

Excited to see where it goes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 673 Posts

Benedict Cumberbatch will also be in The Hobbit.