Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,373 Times in 1,486 Posts

Default Re: New TV Series to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie_K2 View Post
    Anyone ever seen the show Sherlock? My sister recommended it to me. It has two seasons with 3 episodes each. But each episode is 90 minutes long so it's almost like a movie. I watched the first episode and I thought it was amazing.

Here's a link to watch it for free online, let me know what y'all think. The second episode wasn't that great but apparently season 2 is unbelievably good

http://www.cokeandpopcorn.ch/watch-s...p#.USY862dh1MI

And for those of you who don't know about that website.. You're welcome.
    Yeah mentioned it on the previous page. Great show.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    Yeah mentioned it on the previous page. Great show.
    Oh oops. Haven't really read this thread much.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

The Americans was good again last night. Having lived through that period of American history, it all seems so legitimately realistic. The whole paranoia in last night's episode, but on the internal/spy side of it, was great. I don't have a hard time beleiving the world was close to a nuclear fallout.

The last episode of The Following was a bit better. I'm hoping the the previous couple shows were just a lull to set up the rest of the plot. They still haven't been able to touch the first episode, but I still some great potential.

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 981 Posts

I watched the pilot of 'persons of interest' It was ok. Should I persevere?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,708 Times in 933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    The last episode of The Following was a bit better. I'm hoping the the previous couple shows were just a lull to set up the rest of the plot. They still haven't been able to touch the first episode, but I still some great potential.
    I actually hated the last episode. The "lets do dumb things" aspect of it really bugged me. I agree that the first episode was clearly the best so far. We'll just have to see where they go from here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
    I actually hated the last episode. The "lets do dumb things" aspect of it really bugged me. I agree that the first episode was clearly the best so far. We'll just have to see where they go from here.
    lol...they've had "let's do dumb things" scattered throughout all these episodes, so far. I enjoyed the little bit of an uptick in action they finally got back to. I'm hoping that is a trend.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,708 Times in 933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    lol...they've had "let's do dumb things" scattered throughout all these episodes, so far. I enjoyed the little bit of an uptick in action they finally got back to. I'm hoping that is a trend.
    I don't disagree on that. But, the let's go with the bad guy, let's not wait for back up, let's not stay where I was told so I can get shot things that occurred virtually all at once was a bit much. I thought I had accidentally stumbled into the latest horror film. We were just missing they just had sex so they had to die scene. Maybe that comes next week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
    I don't disagree on that. But, the let's go with the bad guy, let's not wait for back up, let's not stay where I was told so I can get shot things that occurred virtually all at once was a bit much. I thought I had accidentally stumbled into the latest horror film. We were just missing they just had sex so they had to die scene. Maybe that comes next week.
    Now you're on the right track If they figure out how to write zombies into this thing I'll be hooked...I'm thinking that whole thing was set up because the cop and Bacon saw they were leaving and felt the need to react proactively. I dunno. I get where you're at, but I do see the reasoning behind the way it was written.

I liked the way they ended the episode, though. Left me a bit curious as to where it goes next. No way will Kevin freakin Bacon end up as a hostage for too long....so, at least one of those 3 kidnappers is going to die. I'm thinking there is a reason they haven't killed off the Asian girl yet. I think she ends up offing one of them in some sort of escape...or she dies freeing them. Something like that. But, looking at the preview for next week, it's obvious the cops show up in full force. So, something has to go awfully wrong with that. I mean, if the kid is rescued, doesn't that pretty much end the show?

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 591 Posts

I will probably get shredded for this but I really like Girls on HBO.

I'm being serious.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,182 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MGMT View Post
    I will probably get shredded for this but I really like Girls on HBO.

I'm being serious.
    I like Girls, as well, but I'm female, so it makes sense. Lena Dunham and her nudity is so ballsy. But more so than that, I think the script is unique. "Adam" is probably the most dysfunctional/misunderstood/intelligent character, which make him so captivating to watch. I like that it's 30mins. You never know what to expect, episode to episode.

Moving to Paris, to shoot some heroin and fuck with the stars
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 591 Posts

For me, Adam went from complete freak weirdo which I couldn't stand, to an awesome straight-forward beacon of purity that I very much enjoy. He steals scenes.

I commend Lena for having the audacity to go naked all the time but she has a borderline repulsive body so I kind of wish she'd cut back, lol.

Small side note, Jessa does nothing for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 3,394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sawduzt View Post
    I watched the pilot of 'persons of interest' It was ok. Should I persevere?
    I would, I'm a fan. I said this earlier, I never look forward to the show but once I watch it I enjoy it. It's a formula show, find new person to protect every week and throw in some overarching plot points along the way. It's pretty good.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 3,394 Posts

Just started watching Spartacus Vengeance. It's entertaining, but definitely not as riveting as Blood and Sand or Gods of the Arena. There's too much just running around and killing Romans. It's fun to watch, but it lacks the political machinations and backstabbing that Batiatus brought to the show. It's shallow in comparison. Maybe it picks up later, I'm only a couple episodes in.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

anybody watch the borgias? it was on showtime? i watched the first episode but i couldn't get into it. I'm watching the shield right now. also, anybody watch six feet under? seems like a show that would be depressing to watch since it's about a family and their business which is a funeral home. I'm thinking about starting homeland next
    "You can't fuck the prom queen E until she knows that your girlfriend just jerked you off under the table!"
    ---Ari Gold

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,576 Times in 3,188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonmchugh View Post
    anybody watch the borgias? it was on showtime? i watched the first episode but i couldn't get into it. I'm watching the shield right now. also, anybody watch six feet under? seems like a show that would be depressing to watch since it's about a family and their business which is a funeral home. I'm thinking about starting homeland next
    Posted this in the topic for The Walking Dead, but here goes...

The holy pantheon of televised drama is basically:
    The Wire
    The Shield
    Battlestar Galactica
    Oz
    The Sopranos
    Breaking Bad
    Mad Men

The second tier:
    Game of Thrones
    Boardwalk Empire
    Justified
    Homeland
    Firefly
    Friday Night Lights
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer

If you haven't seen all of the above shows, you're a terrible person and should feel bad.