Page 108 of 296 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 4430
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,458 Times in 2,751 Posts

Default Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Lucky Number Slevin

5/10 nothing great about the movie
    Really??? I love that movie. Yea, some cheesy parts for sure, & I'm not the biggest Hartnett fan, but the ending was unpredictable as all hell

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,458 Times in 2,751 Posts

Mobius: now this movie has some serious potential

Thanks

We watched Lawless last night, I thought it was pretty solid. I would give it a 7/10

Has anybody on here seen Life of Pi? I'm thinking about checking it out this week

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akron330 View Post
    We watched Lawless last night, I thought it was pretty solid. I would give it a 7/10

Has anybody on here seen Life of Pi? I'm thinking about checking it out this week
    I saw it over the weekend in 3D. I'm usually not a huge fan of the 3D thing as I feel it can come across gimmicky, but it was very well used in this film. It's a beautifully made movie and is well written. I'd give it an 8/10. Definitely a "see it in theaters unless you have a boss home theater set up" kind of movie.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,830 Times in 2,832 Posts

Watched Angel Heart... What the god fuck did Mickey Rourke do to himself? I knew he looked eerily different, saw pictures of before and after his awful plastic surgery.. But seeing him in motion is a different story.. I mean he looked normal, like a human.. Now.. wtf... His voice is even 4 octaves lower now. Oh yea, the movie sucked ass and somehow it was generally liked by critics. Deniro was ok in it, but the whole thing is so contrived, full of cliches and outdated.. Maybe the first two could be attributed to being outdated, shits been done ad nauseam now, and better than Angel Heart could pull off

Thanks
    Thanked 10,815 Times in 4,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Have to say, IMO, Skyfall was the worst of the Bond series with Craig. Just left with the 'meh' feeling. The potential of the villain was very good, just felt the plot dragged and lacked any true excitement. You knew where the movie was headed the whole time.

5.35/10. Easily the worst of the series IMO.
    I won't argue over your score (I disagree), but...wtf? 5.35?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,815 Times in 4,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    I may be the only person who loved that movie. Maybe it's because I actually got it...
    No, I'm with you. Die-hard Alien fanboys hated it for various reasons. If, however, you are not an Alien fanboy, see the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,830 Times in 2,832 Posts

I didnt pay attention to skyfall the whole way through, but the issue I had with it was when Daniel Craig was shooting that shit off the girls head.. Javier Bardem Shot her in the head and James Bond took out an entire squad of bad guys almost immediately after she died. Seems like a pretty dick move, he could easily have saved her. To top that, a cavalry of helicopters comes a minute after and James Bond alludes to the fact that he knew they were coming. Motherfucker couldnt have stalled? Or again, fucked up the bad guys before he shot her? What an asshole

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_K View Post
    I didnt pay attention to skyfall the whole way through, but the issue I had with it was when Daniel Craig was shooting that shit off the girls head.. Javier Bardem Shot her in the head and James Bond took out an entire squad of bad guys almost immediately after she died. Seems like a pretty dick move, he could easily have saved her. To top that, a cavalry of helicopters comes a minute after and James Bond alludes to the fact that he knew they were coming. Motherfucker couldnt have stalled? Or again, fucked up the bad guys before he shot her? What an asshole
    It's common in all Bond movies. He usually just uses women to get what he wants. And his shot was still off at that point in the movie. He was trying to hit a small target. Waayyy easier to shoot just shoot guys at point blank range.

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,509 Times in 1,976 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    No, I'm with you. Die-hard Alien fanboys hated it for various reasons. If, however, you are not an Alien fanboy, see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,914 Times in 4,153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goldin Brown View Post
    The last movie I watched was, Chronicle. I liked the 1st half of the movie when the guys were just discovering their powers. I thought it completely fell apart during the 2nd half, the main character just wasn't likeable for me...dude was just a whiny little bitch, gets some power and turns into to a freaking psychopath. 6/10.
    My main problem with Chronicle is that the main character goes from zero to supervillain in like five minutes of screen time. The chick rejects him at that party and he goes on a murderous rampage. It's kind of silly. That movie did have a ton of potential, though, which made it all the more sad that it fell apart in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOC33 View Post
    Also finally saw "Avengers". Decent action, funny parts. Near the end after the big battle when Hulk sucker punched Thor was hilarious. And the scene after the credits was funny too.
    The Avengers was the best Hulk movie so far. I also loved when he interrupted Loki during his tirade and slammed him against the ground like ten times. Overall, it was just a fantastic action movie, and sadly it was way better than The Dark Knight Rises (which was a massive, plot-hole-filled disappointment for me).

I enjoyed the movie, but my main beef with it is just how much it left unexplained. It asks a million questions but I never got the feeling it had answers to half of them. Some good action scenes and great special effects, though.

What's in your alley way? Recyclin bins or bulletcases? Brooklyn Son, what...
    Thanks

I won't argue over your score (I disagree), but...wtf? 5.35?
    Just how I felt at the time. Didn't deserve a 5.40.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    More Than A Club!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post

The Avengers was the best Hulk movie so far. I also loved when he interrupted Loki during his tirade and slammed him against the ground like ten times. Overall, it was just a fantastic action movie, and sadly it was way better than The Dark Knight Rises (which was a massive, plot-hole-filled disappointment for me).

As much as I loved watching the Avengers, It was not better than The Dark Knight Rises for me. Avengers had such a cliched plot and the villains were hardly powerful. There was never a moment in the movie when i felt the heroes were ever in any danger. The Dark Knight had me involved atleast.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to brownindian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,961 Times in 1,815 Posts

Christopher Nolan doesn't do "plot holes". What's your beef with DKR? maybe I can help with some confusion. As far as Avengers being better my gripe with Avengers is that is was too "kiddy" the hulk scenes where he punches Thor and slams Loki had a cartoony feeling to me. I know it was meant for comic relief but I don't think superhero movies need that, especially not during the final battle. They spent so much time on characters that nobody paid to see, Hawk Eye (?) And Black Widow were minor characters and should have been written as such.
    My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didnít realize that four years ago. I do now.

Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,509 Times in 1,976 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattyFos View Post
    Christopher Nolan doesn't do "plot holes".
    lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.