Page 126 of 296 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4427
    Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,863 Times in 4,138 Posts

Default Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Watching Django Unchained right now. This movie is entertaining but goddamn is it long. I feel like I'm on hour six right now.

Still, I'm starting to think the best part of Tarantino movies anymore is just picking out all the various actors you recognize that he roped into showing up for a couple of scenes.

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,320 Times in 2,019 Posts

Saw Zero Dark Thirty last week. Crazy good. Not exactly an action movie, but its one of those movies where I totally forgot about real life for 2.5 hours. Completely sucked in.

8.5/10

3. The Following User Says Thank You to theSTEREO. For This Useful Post:

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,730 Times in 1,454 Posts

Saw Looper. I thought it was going to be way better than it was, but it still wasn't bad. Sad ending though which I didn't expect.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,067 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonzee330 View Post
    Silver Linings Playbook - 9/10

Really a great movie. Bradley Cooper was very good, although it sometimes seemed forced for him to act like a mental patient. Robert DeNiro was very good. Can definitely see why he got the Oscar nomination. But, in my opinion, Jennifer Lawrence stole the show. Phenomenal performance by her. She is quickly becoming one of my favorites, all at the age of 22. It's tough to look as good as she does in the movie, all the while playing a character who's supposed to look like a wreck. Recommend this to people with a penis or a vagina. Or people with a penis and a vagina. But not people with neither a penis or vagina.
    Pretty much this. Silver Linnings was great, and JLaw is in some nice clothing. She needs to come out with a sex tape, and i'll rate that one

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    No
    Are you sure? I thought Looper was a complete loser. The acting was average at best outside of Willis, who carried the movie to say the least... The ending was kind of surprising though.

I saw Gangster Squad too, which was very good. I just didn't like one part in the movie, which is the final gun fight scene. There is no way that those two would have made it in to that building with all of those guys still out there with Tommy Guns...

Thanks
    Thanked 10,808 Times in 4,207 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Pretty much this. Silver Linnings was great, and JLaw is in some nice clothing. She needs to come out with a sex tape, and i'll rate that one

Are you sure? I thought Looper was a complete loser. The acting was average at best outside of Willis, who carried the movie to say the least... The ending was kind of surprising though.

I saw Gangster Squad too, which was very good. I just didn't like one part in the movie, which is the final gun fight scene. There is no way that those two would have made it in to that building with all of those guys still out there with Tommy Guns...
    Am I sure that Looper isn't the only movie I've watched from 2012? Is this a serious question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 694 Posts

Just got back from seeing Lincoln, and I'm still a little stunned at DDL's performance. One of the best jobs of acting I've ever seen, and I'm the type of person that will willingly watch an old black and white movie before anything new, so from me that is high praise indeed. Absolutely mesmerizing performance. Sally Field gave a surprisingly excellent performance as well. Overall a 9.5/10. Great, great movie.
    "If you will suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
    -George Clinton

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 1,602 Posts

Looper was a decent movie to pass the time. AKA it was pretty bad but not atrocious.

I watch a lot of movies and Looper just didn't do it for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,305 Times in 1,602 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Just got back from seeing Lincoln, and I'm still a little stunned at DDL's performance. One of the best jobs of acting I've ever seen, and I'm the type of person that will willingly watch an old black and white movie before anything new, so from me that is high praise indeed. Absolutely mesmerizing performance. Sally Field gave a surprisingly excellent performance as well. Overall a 9.5/10. Great, great movie.
    I thought it was good also...

However, I think Denzel's performance in Flight was better from an acting standpoint. Washington nailed the functional alcoholic to a tee.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    I thought it was good also...

However, I think Denzel's performance in Flight was better from an acting standpoint. Washington nailed the functional alcoholic to a tee.
    I haven't seen that one. I'll have to check it out. If you like old movies, Jack Lemmon in Days of Wine and Roses plays one of the best dysfunctional alcoholics I've ever seen. I would recommend it if you've never seen it.

Edit: just watched Flight and it was fantastic. Thanks for recommending.
    Last edited by Gunther; 01-15-2013 at 02:51 AM.
    "If you will suck my soul, I will lick your funky emotions."
    -George Clinton

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gunther For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Seven Psychopaths

I really dont know if i like or hate this movie. It gets interesting ... then slow then interesting then slow .... it is like a weird mix of pace, humor, madness. It is one of those weird movies ... I loved the acting of everyone in that movie but I quite cant figure out what the director was trying to portray with this movie. I want to say it is entertainment but it is not pacy enough for that .. nor is it too boring. Anyone else saw that movie?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brownindian View Post
    Seven Psychopaths

I really dont know if i like or hate this movie. It gets interesting ... then slow then interesting then slow .... it is like a weird mix of pace, humor, madness. It is one of those weird movies ... I loved the acting of everyone in that movie but I quite cant figure out what the director was trying to portray with this movie. I want to say it is entertainment but it is not pacy enough for that .. nor is it too boring. Anyone else saw that movie?
    I loved Seven Psychopaths.. mostly because Sam Rockwell was made for that role and its the only movie (besides In Bruges) where Colin Farrell played a believable role.. I still don't understand how he and Tom Cruise still get jobs. Neither are believable in the roles they get.
    I thought Seven Psychopaths had a great mixture of humor and seriousness. Plus Woody was a ridiculous character.
    My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didnít realize that four years ago. I do now.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,661 Times in 1,220 Posts

Men in Black 3: 6/10.

Typical Men in Black film. Average acting, some funny parts, terrible CGI.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 663 Posts

Looper was a fantastic movie. I really appreciated how original it was, and how complex a lot of the themes were. Its not just a black and white, good guy/bad guy movie. Everything is cloaked in grey, and it puts the characters in tough positions, and I can't really say what the right thing to do was or what I would do a lot of the time.

Also, Ted was pretty bad. And I nominate Hangover Part 2 as one of the wosrt movies I've ever seen.

Don't just stare at it.. A Squared's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,918 Times in 789 Posts

Zero Dark Thirty - 8/10

Pretty entertaining movie but way too long. The acting wasn't anything special. I am actually surprised that this is getting Oscar nominations.

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,863 Times in 4,138 Posts

Just watched the new Dredd movie. If you're looking for an action movie, it's pretty fantastic and stays fast-paced pretty much the whole way through. As much as I hate 3D, kind of wish I had seen this one in it. It looks like it's the type of cheesy over-the-top action film 3D was made for.