Page 132 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3938
    Don't just stare at it..
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,625 Times in 747 Posts

Default Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMP3 View Post
    I've saw Django 4 times now. I think the thing that keeps me watching it is the music. Whoever picked the music for this movie deserves a raise.
    Quentin Tarantino always picks great music for his movies. I also like the songs David Fincher uses when he has Trent Reznor producing the music.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A Squared For This Useful Post:

Fighting the good fight! gourimoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,214 Times in 2,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises is an objectively bad movie. It has tons of plot holes, melodramatic writing, inconsistent characters, and the list goes on and on and on.
    A glaring plot hole that I didn't see mentioned anywhere is, how did he survive a nuclear explosion? Auto-pilot or not, he was in the cockpit seconds before it went off - Batman or not, he should be dead. It is impossible for any human being to survive a 4-megaton explosion (IIRC) at that distance.. If they had used the Batwing from "Returns" we could have imagined that it was traveling at supersonic speeds, and Batman had at LEAST 30 seconds and somehow stopped moving entirely due to atmospheric drag. Even then, at around 4 miles, he'd be pretty fucked. But in this rendition, he's in a glorified helicopter. He has zero chance of survival given he was in the cockpit with under a minute left. Zero.

Even if the Batwing submerged and he had already ejected, if he were already in the water, the damage would be immeasurably worse, as his lower half would have been violently torn off even several kilometers out from ground zero.

Also, the radioactive fallout from an offshore detonation would still cause severe problems for the city. To me, that was like WTF? It was about as bad as Abrams' Star Trek's supernova threatening an entire galaxy... like.. wtf?

The assumption that the audience is as dumb as the director is astounding.

With all that said, I still think DKR is a great movie, not better than DK, but way better than Begins.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gourimoko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmhtfld View Post
    Quentin Tarantino always picks great music for his movies. I also like the songs David Fincher uses when he has Trent Reznor producing the music.
    Dude put Rick Ross in a western/slavery movie...

And it was the shit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gourimoko View Post
    A glaring plot hole that I didn't see mentioned anywhere is, how did he survive a nuclear explosion? Auto-pilot or not, he was in the cockpit seconds before it went off - Batman or not, he should be dead. It is impossible for any human being to survive a 4-megaton explosion (IIRC) at that distance.. If they had used the Batwing from "Returns" we could have imagined that it was traveling at supersonic speeds, and Batman had at LEAST 30 seconds and somehow stopped moving entirely due to atmospheric drag. Even then, at around 4 miles, he'd be pretty fucked. But in this rendition, he's in a glorified helicopter. He has zero chance of survival given he was in the cockpit with under a minute left. Zero.

Even if the Batwing submerged and he had already ejected, if he were already in the water, the damage would be immeasurably worse, as his lower half would have been violently torn off even several kilometers out from ground zero.

Also, the radioactive fallout from an offshore detonation would still cause severe problems for the city. To me, that was like WTF? It was about as bad as Abrams' Star Trek's supernova threatening an entire galaxy... like.. wtf?

The assumption that the audience is as dumb as the director is astounding.

With all that said, I still think DKR is a great movie, not better than DK, but way better than Begins.

Clearly the Justice League got Bruce and the Bat outta there.

Thanks

For the record, The Dark Knight Rises was fucking awesome and if you didn't enjoy it... That's your issue. Great ending to a great trilogy. None of the the films are without melodrama or plot holes, but I look past them because they tell a good story, and well. I don't feel like any of the movies has a particularly worse suspension of disbelief.

Also, Die Hard 5 is terrible. I went in hoping it'd be fun, but it was boring and the whole movie was based around a cliche and badly written relationship that honestly didn't pay off all that much. Even the closing shot was poorly framed.
    Last edited by -Akronite-; 02-18-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    "Better look out dude.. Akronite just pissed out your arguments entirely.. They're laying over there in the 'epic fail' corner, soaking in logical urine. You better get a towel, bro."
    -Gourimoko

What's in your alley way? Recyclin bins or bulletcases? Brooklyn Son, what...
    Thanks

Finally got around to seeing Flight.

I thought it was done very well. They did a good job of getting you to still root for Denzel even though you know he is POS and the ending was enjoyable.

Those boobs for the first five minutes of the movie was worth it as well.
    http://realcavsfans.com/signaturepics/sigpic4_1.gif
    More Than A Club!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,576 Times in 1,682 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMP3 View Post
    I've saw Django 4 times now. I think the thing that keeps me watching it is the music. Whoever picked the music for this movie deserves a raise.
    I believe Tarantino does it himself.
    "Most women are interested in me, because I have dimples and I'm Canadian."- "The Clam Slammin, two handed Jammin. Lefty turned righty. Up all nighty" Tristan Thompson

Thanks
    Thanked 3,576 Times in 1,682 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Akronite- View Post
    For the record, The Dark Knight Rises was fucking awesome and if you didn't enjoy it... That's your issue. Great ending to a great trilogy. None of the the films are without melodrama or plot holes, but I look past them because they tell a good story, and well. I don't feel like any of the movies has a particularly worse suspension of disbelief.

Also, Die Hard 5 is terrible. I went in hoping it'd be fun, but it was boring and the whole movie was based around a cliche and badly written relationship that honestly didn't pay off all that much. Even the closing shot was poorly framed.
    I haven't seen the new Die Hard and I don't plan on seeing it. But I have a feeling it's a transition movie to retire Willis from the franchise and have his "son" (I don't know the guys name) take over Die Hard movies.
    "Most women are interested in me, because I have dimples and I'm Canadian."- "The Clam Slammin, two handed Jammin. Lefty turned righty. Up all nighty" Tristan Thompson

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,563 Times in 3,186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Akronite- View Post
    It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but rather that it just wasn't very good. The Dark Knight had some plot holes, sure, but nothing so ridiculously glaring that it makes the entire story seem ridiculous like Rises has.

And again I bring up the fact that simply liking a movie does not mean it has to be a good movie. I love tons of bad movies, but the difference is that I recognize that they're bad and love them anyway. I liked The Dark Knight Rises, but it was certainly a bad movie, whereas Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were both good movies that I liked as well.

I just don't really understand why no one is willing to call out Rises for its bullshit. You gain nothing by defending the ridiculous and constant plot holes that filled the movie, so why defend it at all? Why not just accept that you enjoyed a movie that was poorly-written, melodramatic, and riddled with plot holes? There's nothing wrong with that. I love Face/Off, but I don't try to talk myself into it being a good movie. I know it's ridiculous and terrible, but it's hella fun and sometimes that's enough.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattyFos. View Post
    I haven't seen the new Die Hard and I don't plan on seeing it. But I have a feeling it's a transition movie to retire Willis from the franchise and have his "son" (I don't know the guys name) take over Die Hard movies.
    You would be 100% correct. At the end of the movie

*spoiler in white*

His name magically changes from Jack to John... No freaking idea why they would call him Jack for 80 minutes of the movie, and then call him John for a couple. Anyways the entire movie was about the kid "becoming a McClaine". Terrible "story line", and not a good/believable action movie either. Easily the worst of the DH series.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,269 Times in 1,816 Posts

I, for one, didn't like A Good Day To Die Hard all that much... I can get past McClain's inability to die or get incapacitated, but there was just nothing enticing about the plot. Bad guys hate Americans, want to pull a big job, McClain (and now his son) get in the way of it. They almost die several times, but ultimately win. End of movie.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,614 Times in 980 Posts

I just watched 'the man who knew too little' with Bill Murray and the dad from the OC. It was a classic 90's comedy of mistaken identity 6.5/10

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    It's not that I didn't enjoy it, but rather that it just wasn't very good. The Dark Knight had some plot holes, sure, but nothing so ridiculously glaring that it makes the entire story seem ridiculous like Rises has.

And again I bring up the fact that simply liking a movie does not mean it has to be a good movie. I love tons of bad movies, but the difference is that I recognize that they're bad and love them anyway. I liked The Dark Knight Rises, but it was certainly a bad movie, whereas Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were both good movies that I liked as well.

I just don't really understand why no one is willing to call out Rises for its bullshit. You gain nothing by defending the ridiculous and constant plot holes that filled the movie, so why defend it at all? Why not just accept that you enjoyed a movie that was poorly-written, melodramatic, and riddled with plot holes? There's nothing wrong with that. I love Face/Off, but I don't try to talk myself into it being a good movie. I know it's ridiculous and terrible, but it's hella fun and sometimes that's enough.
    I don't call it out because there is no reason to.

TDKR isn't any worse as a film than the other two from an objective standpoint. Batman Begins' main threat to the city is a magic machine that can turn water into vapor... Except in human bodies right next to it. And the cool villain, scarecrow, gets tazered just when he starts acting cool and disappears until a bit part in the next film. It's still a really good movie but there are issues you have to look past.

And even The Dark Knight had similar issues. You wanna know how Batman escaped a nuclear blast? The same way the Joker was the only one to get out of the MCU unscathed. Again, TDKR has issues and plot-holes, but not much more than you need to look past for the other movies. It's still a great movie from a narrative, action, and visual perspective so why can't I like it for being good?

When I like a bad movie it's usually because it's funny or I turn off my brain and suspend my disbelief to infinity. Not the case here.
    Last edited by -Akronite-; 02-19-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    "Better look out dude.. Akronite just pissed out your arguments entirely.. They're laying over there in the 'epic fail' corner, soaking in logical urine. You better get a towel, bro."
    -Gourimoko

18. The Following User Says Thank You to -Akronite- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,393 Posts

Re-watched the Jerk recently. One of my favorite comedies ever. The movie starts with Steve Martin saying "I was born a poor black child."

9/10.
    Last edited by Gary Barnidge; 02-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    Ass pennies

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,275 Times in 3,609 Posts

The idea that a movie can be "objectively" bad or good is oxi-moronic. Art is totally and utterly subjective. It's probably the most subjective thing in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: