Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Default Re: Why is Cleveland sports talk radio so bad?

I heard Josh is starting a show with Marty Allen & Kim Maholik.

The RBS is great for one reason: Tony Rizzo knows how to run a radio talk show. The rest of these fucktards, Hamer included, think people want to listen to them. Wrong. It's about the callers. Reghi, Roda, Brinda, and now Hammer.... think it is about them. Pete understood that. Bruce understands that. Rizzo was on The Giant, WHK, in the day and everyone on that station "got it". Most of KNR is the opposite. Long, boring monologues that are bad takes 90% of the time. Then they had a handful of retarded callers becasue no one with a brain would wait that long.

BTW - Hammer's solo weekend time is unlistenable. He's craptacular.

Like I said, Pete invented it, Bruce got it. Rizzo gets it. Galetti gets it when he does rare stints. You embraace buffornery, you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate, and you call out bad takes and get in fights with callrs. That's good radio.

Brinda, Sindelar, Roda, Reghi, an dnow Hammer? In love with hearing themselves talk. hammer is too much of a wuss to take on callers. He just dumps them and then monologues. Rizz carries the stiff.

BTW - Romie is the exception becasue he can pull it off, although I miss how rarely the old legends call in these days.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,370 Times in 2,900 Posts

Why do I feel like I've read that post before?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    Why do I feel like I've read that post before?

Because it's identical to a post on another message board, from a poster who resides in Y-town. Everything except the first sentence about Sabo, BSK, and Maholik, word for word, right down to the typing error.
    Im going to be on a mission. Ive handled my personal vendettas and handled them well. Every challenge you put in front of me, Ive handled it, dismantled it ate them, dropped them off in the bathroom and flushed them away. - Shaq

Skating into the draft chiefwahoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
    I heard Josh is starting a show with Marty Allen & Kim Maholik.

The RBS is great for one reason: Tony Rizzo knows how to run a radio talk show. The rest of these fucktards, Hamer included, think people want to listen to them. Wrong. It's about the callers. Reghi, Roda, Brinda, and now Hammer.... think it is about them. Pete understood that. Bruce understands that. Rizzo was on The Giant, WHK, in the day and everyone on that station "got it". Most of KNR is the opposite. Long, boring monologues that are bad takes 90% of the time. Then they had a handful of retarded callers becasue no one with a brain would wait that long.

BTW - Hammer's solo weekend time is unlistenable. He's craptacular.

Like I said, Pete invented it, Bruce got it. Rizzo gets it. Galetti gets it when he does rare stints. You embraace buffornery, you make callers into stars and personalities that listeners love or hate, and you call out bad takes and get in fights with callrs. That's good radio.

Brinda, Sindelar, Roda, Reghi, an dnow Hammer? In love with hearing themselves talk. hammer is too much of a wuss to take on callers. He just dumps them and then monologues. Rizz carries the stiff.

BTW - Romie is the exception becasue he can pull it off, although I miss how rarely the old legends call in these days.
    Looks a lot like this: http://www.theclevelandfan.com/board...22&view=newest

Plagiarism or split web personality?
    Will one of you please win a title in my lifetime???

Thanks

Relax dudes, it's probably the same guy...a lot of people frequent multiple boards.

Thanks

Relax dudes, it's probably the same guy...a lot of people frequent multiple boards.
    Nope, not the same poster. The least Scuzzy could have done was correct the spelling errors.
    Im going to be on a mission. Ive handled my personal vendettas and handled them well. Every challenge you put in front of me, Ive handled it, dismantled it ate them, dropped them off in the bathroom and flushed them away. - Shaq

Thanks

For what it's worth, Columbus sports radio is legit, but mostly Buckeye talk which can get old.

the show from 3-6, the Common Man & the Torg, is legit and very funny. Hooley & Spielman aren't bad either, just not quite as funny. I intern at the station and they really put out a quality product. You can stream it live at 971thefan.com

I'm actually listening to the Really Big Show right now cause I want to hear some Cavs talk and this show is fucking miserable. I listened to them after the Shaquistion and it sucked too.

Cleveland has the best basketball player in the world, and one of the most passionate fanbases of all time when it comes to any sport, and this is the shit that Cleveland sports radio puts out? Thats fucking pathetic.

Hopefully once I graduate I can get up there and shake things up

"We all love playing basketball, so why not play this way? By just being a spark, I feel like it might boost our team. I love the city of Cleveland."- Tristan Thompson

Thanks

Maybe Scuzzy can inform us about minor league happenings in the Indians organization. TCF has great coverage on the minors.

The original poster would like royalties for use of his prose. His creative spelling is licensed exclusively to he and he alone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssopata View Post
    Maybe Scuzzy can inform us about minor league happenings in the Indians organization. TCF has great coverage on the minors.

The original poster would like royalties for use of his prose. His creative spelling is licensed exclusively to he and he alone
    Is that you JB?

Thanks

Is that you JB?

As much as I'd like to take credit for many of his posts, not JB