Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Situational Stopper
    Thanks

Default Savannah not happy with LeBron's move to Miami

She didn't want to move but says in the article she'll continue to support him.

Cleveland Cavaliers fans weren't the only ones unhappy with LeBron James's move to Miami. One of the NBA star's closest confidants wasn't too thrilled with the news, either.

"Personally, Miami was not my favorite place. Vacationing there is great. You go for three days and get some sun and it's time to go home," his longtime girlfriend, Savannah Brinson, tells the September issue of Harper's Bazaar, on newsstands Aug. 17.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...00.html?hpt=T2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 747 Posts

Default Re: Savannah not happy with LeBron's move to Miami

He did what's best for his family...

Scratch!

He did what's best for himself, and hopefully people on the outside see what kind of man he is.

Rising Star
    Thanks

Sure to endear her to Miami fans.

Thanks

I think it's obvious Lebron's elbow is still hindering his actions. Lebron is a great, unselfish man and would never do anything his family didn't want. If you disagree with my opinion, then you're just ignorant and dumb. - JonFromVA

Thanks

You forgot to continue the quote

"It will definitely be an adjustment, but we'll make it," she adds. "We're not complaining. Whatever LeBron felt was comfortable, I'm with him. I just love him so much."
    She didn't look to uncomfortable posing in that Heat jersey.
    Im going to be on a mission. Ive handled my personal vendettas and handled them well. Every challenge you put in front of me, Ive handled it, dismantled it ate them, dropped them off in the bathroom and flushed them away. - Shaq

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssopata View Post

What is she supposed to say? She cannot exactly thrash the father of her son and the man that gives her access to tens of millions of dollars...She'd have to be a complete dumbass.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReAL DeAL View Post
    He did what's best for his family...

Scratch!

He did what's best for himself, and hopefully people on the outside see what kind of man he is.
    Just for the sake of asking. In a decision like the one James faced who should he have listened to for the answer?

A winning record? Pshaw! Backstage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,177 Times in 727 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jay_em View Post
    Just for the sake of asking. In a decision like the one James faced who should he have listened to for the answer?
    He listened to himself, and that's his deal, but you can't say he did this for his family if his family is apparently shunted aside. It's not like playing in Cleveland, New York, Australia, wherever would've hurt his family any more or less than Miami.
    Tribe Time = Now O'Clock

Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssopata View Post

She's biding her time until that common law marriage becomes official, so if LeBron leaves her she gets her cut of his cash even though they aren't "married".

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,451 Posts

Also in that article, LeBron refers to Savannah as a great "sidekick". I'm sure as the mother of his 2 kids, she really appreciates it.

LeBron did what was best for him. He could give two ***** what Savannah has to say. If she's waiting for that ring, she'll be waiting a long time. He's in his prime, he's not trying to be tied down to anyone but his other 2 Destiny's Child members, Wade, and Bosh.
    Last edited by Nicky; 08-09-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seize View Post
    What is she supposed to say? She cannot exactly thrash the father of her son and the man that gives her access to tens of millions of dollars...She'd have to be a complete dumbass.

"Personally, Miami was not my favorite place. Vacationing there is great. You go for three days and get some sun and it's time to go home,"
    But isn't saying anything negative about Miami in a sense, thrashing James? I was just pointing out that the quote continued and shows that she and their family will adjust. Not that it matters but it looks like she'll still just be vacationing in Miami as they plan on keeping the kids up here to go to school.
    Im going to be on a mission. Ive handled my personal vendettas and handled them well. Every challenge you put in front of me, Ive handled it, dismantled it ate them, dropped them off in the bathroom and flushed them away. - Shaq

What's in your alley way? Recyclin bins or bulletcases? Brooklyn Son, what...
    Thanks

There is no common law in Ohio.

Child support or not, she has it made regardless if they are together or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backstage View Post
    He listened to himself, and that's his deal, but you can't say he did this for his family if his family is apparently shunted aside. It's not like playing in Cleveland, New York, Australia, wherever would've hurt his family any more or less than Miami.
    1- You havent told me whom you would listen to, to make the decision.

2- There's a difference between Miami not being "her favorite" (her words) and her not being happy or whatever negative spin the media wants to put on her answer.

There are HUNDREDS of decisions that a family has to make and not all parties are going to be 100% on board with the decision, but in no way does that mean its NOT in the best interest of the family to make said decision.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazin...ron-james-0910

She admits it took her some time to warm to the idea of life in South Beach. "Personally, Miami was not my favorite place. Vacationing there is great: You go for three days and get some sun, and it's time to go home," she explains. But the weather helped win her over. "When they told me it doesn't get any colder than 50 degrees, that sold me. We get below-zero weather in Cleveland. ... I can't wait to have a sunny Christmas," she says. "It will definitely be an adjustment, but we'll make it. We're not complaining."
    Yeah it really sounds like she's not happy to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,388 Times in 1,250 Posts

"Doing what's best for your family" = Not living with your kids.

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Sawduzt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,623 Times in 986 Posts

all this means that in 15 years time we will have to watch some lame reality show where all lebrons kids try to eek out a celebrity living from their emotionally crippled up-bringing all while lebron sits on a golden toilet surrounded by all his money (probably on his own space station)