View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 168 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 681181581661671681691701782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 23262
    Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,445 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post
    LBJ has been polished since HS and he's magnetic. Almost all superstar athletes are off-puttingly confident at times, but relative to them...LeBron had been a boy scout up until The Decision.

LeBron can be just as much the media maven Jordan was, and until someone speaks out outherwise...he won't be known as a guy that called a teammate a "flaming faggot" or had a gambling problem either.
    And Dwight's antics in Orlando made LeBron's "The Decision", look like a boyscout move.

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    You are still a child if you can say anything guarantees Cleveland a championship. What a ridiculous notion.
    A championship wouldn't be guaranteed in Cleveland if Chris Paul, Kobe, Durant, LeBron, and Dwight were the starting five, and David Stern was the owner.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 2,899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seasoned vet View Post
    bad teams groom stars to move them to major markets. small markets are the minors to the pro's.. eveybody knows this.
    I thought I was in an MLB thread for a moment, then I read the rest of your long, rambling post full of syntax and grammatical errors and remembered that this is indeed, an NBA thread.

Thanks

...and funny you tried comparing KG to TD.. KG was in minnesota and couldnt win nothing.. then goes to BOS and wins his 1st year there. and had a trip back to the finals. but TD is more a skilled player than KG is.. but you dont know sterns intentions no more than i do.. but lets not be stupid here.
    Of course he couldnt win nothing. Stern was too busy fixing the games for Timmy, Shaq and Kobe. Besides KG wasnt that caliber of player, with the freakness to warrant handing a championship too......WOW!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jay_em For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 602 Posts

Thank God he is banned. Trying to read through that shit gave me a headache.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 2,899 Posts

I'm all for a good conspiracy theory, but jesus.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

how can anybody even look at this league and not question if it may be fixed.
    It's near impossible for most fans to call NBA games correctly even watching slow mo replay. It's not an easy game to call, and on almost every play there's a foul. So yes, the calling of the game is rife for abuse, and star treatment can get out of hand, but it's not clear that there's a pattern to it.

If I ever felt the game was fixed to the point that the Cavs had no chance, I wouldn't waste my time following the sport.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It's near impossible for most fans to call NBA games correctly even watching slow mo replay. It's not an easy game to call, and on almost every play there's a foul. So yes, the calling of the game is rife for abuse, and star treatment can get out of hand, but it's not clear that there's a pattern to it.

If I ever felt the game was fixed to the point that the Cavs had no chance, I wouldn't waste my time following the sport.
    The maximum effective range of that excuse is zero

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,473 Times in 965 Posts

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,056 Posts

Dan Gilbert apologizing for the letter yesterday....the plot thickens

Thanks
    Thanked 30,705 Times in 9,786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    It doesn't.
    Thanks everyone for the LeBron bets. All debts are paid on your behalves. I was happy to lose.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMcCurry08 View Post
    he also said they should have traded him

Thanks

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...e-lebron-james

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert now wishes he wouldn't have guaranteed his team would win an NBA title before LeBron James.

When James left Cleveland for Miami as a free agent in July 2010, Gilbert famously promised in a letter to disappointed Cleveland fans that his Cavs would win a championship before James got one with the Heat.

Well, that ended in June when James, capping his third MVP season, led Miami to a Finals win over Oklahoma City.

"Looking back now, that probably was not the most brilliant thing I've ever done in my life," Gilbert said Tuesday.

Relaxed and wearing a wine-colored sport coat, Gilbert spoke to reporters on a number of topics before the Cavs' opener against Washington.

When the subject turned to James, Gilbert said he would have done some things differently two years ago, most notably his guarantee.

"If you're going to predict something that doesn't happen and you're going to do it publicly, you'd for sure take it back," Gilbert said. "When that happened when they won, it was the end of the end of the end of that whole thing. Now there's nothing more to talk about. In a way it was like a little bit of a relief. If they didn't win it, it would've been still another thing of who's going to win it (first)."

Gilbert said James' departure taught the Cavaliers a valuable lesson, one that Oklahoma City seemed to have learned recently in its decision to trade James Harden to Houston. When the Thunder realized Harden was not going to accept a long-term deal, the club traded him before losing him as a free agent.

In hindsight, it's probably what Cleveland should have done with James.

"The key thing, whoever you are and wherever you are, you can not wait," Gilbert said. "The big lesson was if a player is not willing to extend, no matter who they are, no matter where they are playing, no matter what kind of season you had, you can not risk going into a summer and having them leave in unrestricted free agency and get nothing back for it.

"It's not the player's fault. That's on ownership. Had we done that, the whole thing would have been crafted as I'm sure the player or whoever would have said, `Of course I would have stayed. You guys screwed up and ruined the whole franchise.' You're in a no-win situation."

Gilbert also was asked about another shift of power in the NBA with the Los Angeles Lakers adding superstars Dwight Howard and Steve Nash during the offseason. Gilbert doesn't have a problem with the idea of megateams, and said even ones with a surplus of talent are not assured of winning.

"I think a competitive league is better than a non-competitive league," he said. "You never know, there could be surprises. We'll see what happens this year."
    Not sure i'd call it an apology...more like admitting he did some things wrong or that he regrets.....Which really isnt news to anyone.

El Campeón Dodger Champion Feed The King Champion Grab the Green Champion Pretty Kitty Champion Bubble Jumper Champion Master Mahjongg Champion HACKER Champion Blockdown Champion Find the keys Champion Pretty Puppies Puzzles Champion Mega Bounce Champion 2mazed Champion Quadratical Champion NtG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 645 Posts

For some reason this new LeBron commercial for Samsung makes me reminisce of the LeBron era. Damn I miss it, I want him back.

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 954 Posts

Byron Scott, after coaching all of these turds would never ever deny the best player in the NBA if he wanted to play for him.

Kyrie Irving would probably want LeBron on the team as well.

Byron, Kyrie, Dion they are not from Cleveland, they are not involved in the soap opera drama. They want to win, and if LeBron would come back, they'd welcome him.

I guess my biggest fear is to become the Pacers. Indiana will never really win a chip.

LeBron is the kind of player that can vault you into serious contention. You'd be stupid to let pride and the past send you down the Indiana Pacers path.

It could prove highly volatile and blow up, but I'd rather take that path because a championship becomes a real possibility not just a figment of the imagination like the Pacers or the Nuggets.

He'll even the Thunder haven't won yet. We have nowhere near the amount of talent that they do. Our cap space and picks can only do so much.

All I know is that we have a special, special player on our hands already. Two special "once in a generation" talents is a recipe for a serious look into the title window.