View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 170 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 701201601681691701711721802202706701170 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 23262
    Thanks

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

It's really unfortunate that the Heat lost 50% of their fan base when Donte Stallworth hit that pedestrian with his car a few years back.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WeinerSoBig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    Bosh would have gone wherever LeBron would have gone. Think about it:

Wade: "Hey Chris, come to Miami...you have me, and I have 2-3 great years left. We'll play in front of fans who like our team. You also have Udonis Haslem. And Erik Spolestra is our coach! Championship!"

LeBron: "Hey Chris, come to Cleveland. I know...the weather and nightlife isn't the same as Miami, but listen. We just hired Byron Scott, a guy with Finals experience as both a player and coach. Mike Miller has already said he'd coming aboard. We have an energetic big man who will do your dirty work for you down low. We have four of the top fifteen (and two of the top three) three point shooters in the league to kick out to when you get doubled. The Eastern Conference in ripe for the taking too - Boston's getting old, Howard's going to bolt Orlando, the Knicks are the Knicks, and we can take out the Bulls. And Chris, here's the crazy part...if we win a championship here, we'll be treated like GODS for the rest of our lives. They are desperate to win one and will sell out the Q every night. We're talking jersey retirements, statues, the whole nine yards. Come to Cleveland."

Of course, the three playing in Miami was planned almost a year in advance (at least), which is why Miami cleared the decks to make it happen in Wade's walk year.

LeBron never even made a pitch to Bosh to come to Cleveland. His meetings with GM's were for attention, to build up to "The Decision"...he was going to Miami all along.
    We don't know if someone else was going to go to Miami too if LeBron passed. What if Amare had gone there isntead of NYK because LeBron didn't want to. We just don't know the conversations that the colluders had, and likely it wasn't just the three of them doing it.

Also maybe Bosh would have went to Chicago instead of Miami if LeBron didn't go to Miami. Again we just don't know the scenarios that were at work. LeBron's decision was obviously made well before July 1 when Amare commited to NY, so the players knew what was going on long before the fans did.

Anyways your scenario just assumes that the Heat don't use their cap space to sign anyone else if they didn't get LeBron, which is a bad assumption. Miller was going with LeBron from all reports, so there's like 20 million in cap space for the Heat to use.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

Wade: "Hey Chris, come to Miami...you have me, and I have 2-3 great years left. We'll play in front of fans who like our team. You also have Udonis Haslem. And Erik Spolestra is our coach! Championship!"

LeBron: "Hey Chris, come to Cleveland. I know...the weather and nightlife isn't the same as Miami, but listen. We just hired Byron Scott, a guy with Finals experience as both a player and coach. Mike Miller has already said he'd coming aboard. We have an energetic big man who will do your dirty work for you down low. We have four of the top fifteen (and two of the top three) three point shooters in the league to kick out to when you get doubled. The Eastern Conference in ripe for the taking too - Boston's getting old, Howard's going to bolt Orlando, the Knicks are the Knicks, and we can take out the Bulls. And Chris, here's the crazy part...if we win a championship here, we'll be treated like GODS for the rest of our lives. They are desperate to win one and will sell out the Q every night. We're talking jersey retirements, statues, the whole nine yards. Come to Cleveland."

Of course, the three playing in Miami was planned almost a year in advance (at least), which is why Miami cleared the decks to make it happen in Wade's walk year.

LeBron never even made a pitch to Bosh to come to Cleveland. His meetings with GM's were for attention, to build up to "The Decision"...he was going to Miami all along.
    Some nice stories you came up with there and all.. but Bosh didn't want Cleveland. Leading up to the 2010 free agency.. Cleveland had a lot of talks with Toronto on bringing in Bosh and reports came out that Toronto was willing to S&T Bosh to us.. the problem? Bosh was the hold up.

Here's some articles:
    http://www.morningjournal.com/articl...307908223.txtm

http://voices.yahoo.com/chris-bosh-t...s-6349344.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    Some nice stories you came up with there and all.. but Bosh didn't want Cleveland. Leading up to the 2010 free agency.. Cleveland had a lot of talks with Toronto on bringing in Bosh and reports came out that Toronto was willing to S&T Bosh to us.. the problem? Bosh was the hold up.

Here's some articles:

I believe sgm was giving a collusion-free example of what Lebron could have done. Why would bosh ok a trade to Cle when he and Lebron were secretly going to Miami the whole time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,837 Times in 2,745 Posts

Here's some articles:

Nice try. Bosh was the hold up because he, LeBron, and Wade had colluded their plan long before then. He knew what was coming. If LeBron was committed to Cleveland, Bosh absolutely would have come here in a second. No doubt whatsoever.

Came across this video the other day...for whatever reason it made me feel good to be reminded that LeBron never has, and never will, have this much fun regularly in Miami. Sure, the championship celebration was fun, but everyone including LeBron knows that it wasn't even close to as fun as it would have been in Cleveland. You can bet your ass he remembers how much fun we had here during that era and wishes he could do somethings differently in hindsight..I can take solace in that.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

AND, don't forget the most important fact of all – why he quit in the Boston series!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homestar For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,543 Times in 4,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    We don't know if someone else was going to go to Miami too if LeBron passed. What if Amare had gone there isntead of NYK because LeBron didn't want to. We just don't know the conversations that the colluders had, and likely it wasn't just the three of them doing it.

Also maybe Bosh would have went to Chicago instead of Miami if LeBron didn't go to Miami. Again we just don't know the scenarios that were at work. LeBron's decision was obviously made well before July 1 when Amare commited to NY, so the players knew what was going on long before the fans did.

Anyways your scenario just assumes that the Heat don't use their cap space to sign anyone else if they didn't get LeBron, which is a bad assumption. Miller was going with LeBron from all reports, so there's like 20 million in cap space for the Heat to use.
    Please. It's obvious these guys planned to go to Miami over three years earlier at the Olympics. Why else would they all conveniently sign contracts with an opt-out after three years, followed even more conveniently by Miami trotting out shit teams during Wade's prime so they could clear the decks for when LeBron and Bosh were free agents?

I'm not typically one for conspiracy theories, but this one is so goddamn obvious I don't even consider it a theory any more.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Chris: Gee Bron that sounds good and all, but in the NBA that have this thing called the Salary cap and you guys are over that. So which group of those guys are going to Toronto in the S&T to make that happen?
    FIFY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Please. It's obvious these guys planned to go to Miami over three years earlier at the Olympics. Why else would they all conveniently sign contracts with an opt-out after three years, followed even more conveniently by Miami trotting out shit teams during Wade's prime so they could clear the decks for when LeBron and Bosh were free agents?
    The same reason teams (*cough *cough Cleveland Cavs *cough cough*) tank?..... Gambling and accepting short term pain for possible long term gain.

The Heat weren't the only team to cut salary to sign 2010 free agents. See NYKnicks. If it wasn't Bron and/or Bosh in Miami then it could've been Amare/Boozer and Joe Johnson or a host of other role players

Thanks
    Thanked 10,837 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jay_em View Post
    The same reason teams (*cough *cough Cleveland Cavs *cough cough*) tank?..... Gambling and accepting short term pain for possible long term gain.

The Heat weren't the only team to cut salary to sign 2010 free agents. See NYKnicks. If it wasn't Bron and/or Bosh in Miami then it could've been Amare/Boozer and Joe Johnson or a host of other role players
    I just don't get it. Anytime someone posts negatively in here, you run to the rescue to defend LeBron and the gang.

You're trying to justify collusion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jay_em View Post

The Knicks were shitty anyway with no franchise player.

Thanks

LeBron's career as critiqued by PTI through the years:

It's been said time and time again. The pistons shit the fucking bed with Darko and Larry brown wanted Melo badly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post

I'm not typically one for conspiracy theories, but this one is so goddamn obvious I don't even consider it a theory any more.
    The 2008 Olympics is the first time that we heard about LeBron recruiting Bosh to come to Cleveland actually. Obviously Cleveland is a pretty hard sell to players, and it didn't work. I don't know the exact date they all decided Miami was the place they wanted to play, but I assume it was around the trade deadline in 2010 when it became clear that the Knicks, and Nets could not offer all three of them a contract.

New York City was the original plan, and you can't convince me otherwise. You know what the absolute worst part of the whole Miami situation is? Toronto, one of the two teams screwed over in the deal was the team that made it possible for the Heat to actually pull off the signings smh.

The whole landscape of the NBA is changed if that Miami/Toronto trade doesn't happen. Wade in Chicago, LeBron/Bosh somewhere, possibly Cleveland, Amare/Boozer on the left over teams of the Clippers/Nets/Knicks.

If the Clippers are the odd team out, than we still do the Baron Davis trade, although the Kyrie Irving thing likely doesn't happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    I just don't get it. Anytime someone posts negatively in here, you run to the rescue to defend LeBron and the gang.

You're trying to justify collusion.
    Let me help you understand. I'm not a parrot. I wont just regurgitate the same old same old about James. I wont invent lies, theories or any other fictional stories to ease my "pain" over his decision to leave Cleveland. What i "run to defend" is the truth. I dont have an issue with you not liking the stance i've chosen, but pointing the finger/criticism at me magnifies my point. I.e there's no merit in yours or else your response would be different.

Oh and ....

You dont have a problem with collusion (even though its been said many times over that what they did wasn't collusion) you have a problem that said "collusion" didnt benefit you. So spare me the faux "I'm fighting against collusion" discourse. It's hypocritical and falls on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    The Knicks were shitty anyway with no franchise player.
    Changes nothing about my point. They still scaled down their team especially from a payroll standpoint to make a run at the 2010 free agent class...especially Lebron James.

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 946 Posts

I have been having dreams about this, and I have certainly been thinking about it a little bit more. I just cannot help but think that James will play for the Cavaliers again someday. I'm not going to say that it's going to be in 2014, but it seems like a genuine possibility someday.

I think he could vault himself next to Michael Jordan if he had his own version of "the return" to Cleveland. Winning on this Heat team is just not that impressive if you ask me. He SHOULD win on this team, and that kinda taints the specialness of it all.

I think in hindsight, James realizes what he had here in Cleveland and he very much misses that now that he's in Miami. South Beach is all about business to him. He's going to walk out of there with 2-3 rings when it's all said and done. If he could jump ship back to Cleveland and join Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters and our other "core members" he'd be in a pretty good spot. If he could win titles in Cleveland, he'd be seriously in the conversation with Michael Jordan.

Other than that, top 10 most definitely. But to get into that top 3 discussion, he's gonna need to do something special. IF he came back to Cleveland and won, it would be a really special story that would captivate the league and most certainly validate his greatness and make him the most popular athlete since MJ.

A lot of people are assuming he goes to Los Angeles, but at that point in his career, I'm not sure he even wants the Hollywood hoopla and spotlight. Part of me thinks he would rather come home, where it all began, to live in his original home of Akron and continue on with business as usual. He could live in his original dream house that he constructed, and have all of his friends and family close again. Windhorst said since he's been in school, he's regimented and he likes to take care of business and routine first. Hollywood is too much of a distraction. There's peace in Akron, it's all about business first.

He's already publicly lauded Kyrie's skills. He loves Kyrie's game, and I can't help but think how amazing these two guys would be together. Dwyane Wade's game has always kind of been on mute since James arrived. He's not the full fledged D-Wade that won the championship with Shaq.

So in that sense, LBJ really only needs a poor man's Wade, and we have that with Waiters. It actually might be better, because Waiters is a much better outside threat than Wade.

We're one free agent move and a draft away from being a really desirable team to join. We need to have another great draft (preferably Mohammad) and make one big trade or FA move. If..... IF we could somehow add someone of the talent level of Josh Smith, Lamarcus Aldridge, or Kevin Love to our core, LeBron's coming home.

I know, it seems so super unlikely that we'd ever get LMA or Kevin Love, but we have so much flexibility and assets to use that you can never say never.

All im saying, is that if we add another Blue Chip talent via the draft (which we are going to do) [U]and add another Star Quality player through free agency or a trade..

......Then LeBron will strongly consider coming home to play on this up and coming team.

Yes, Los Angeles will always have a leg up because of Free Agency, but WE have a leg up on LA because we could be possibly adding a Shabazz Mohammad or Nerlens Noel to this group of guys. Free agency is bloated, you could easily fuck yourself. Young elite talent on the cheap is priceless, especially in this new CBA.

By the time LeBron is looking at Free Agency I fully expect the Cavaliers to be on the rise. One big trade and a little more draft luck.
    Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 12-03-2012 at 03:10 PM.