View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
511. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

202 39.53%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

173 33.86%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

141 27.59%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

12 2.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 171 of 489 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 7324
    Thanks

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

One question Frank. You IMO are minimalizing what James did (and what you say he'll do) in Miami because in your words "he SHOULD win". You then go on to say that he'd need something special to reach top 3 status and you suggest that winning however many in Cleveland would be considered special and do the trick.

You say he won with a muted Wade (which in your mind basically equals Waiters...although Waiters is a better shooter) then you go on to add Kyrie, Shabazz and (just picking one) Aldridge to the Cavs squad. Wouldn't adding all those players also mean "he SHOULD win" here in Cleveland thus making it less special and keeping him outside the top 3? or would he garner top 3 status just because its Cleveland and a feel good story?(I guess techincally thats two questions)

whatever
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jay_em View Post
    Bosh would have gone wherever LeBron would have gone. Think about it:

Wade: "Hey Chris, come to Miami...you have me, and I have 2-3 great years left. We'll play in front of fans who like our team. You also have Udonis Haslem. And Erik Spolestra is our coach! Championship!"

LeBron: "Hey Chris, come to Cleveland. I know...the weather and nightlife isn't the same as Miami, but listen. We just hired Byron Scott, a guy with Finals experience as both a player and coach. Mike Miller has already said he'd coming aboard. We have an energetic big man who will do your dirty work for you down low. We have four of the top fifteen (and two of the top three) three point shooters in the league to kick out to when you get doubled. The Eastern Conference in ripe for the taking too - Boston's getting old, Howard's going to bolt Orlando, the Knicks are the Knicks, and we can take out the Bulls. And Chris, here's the crazy part...if we win a championship here, we'll be treated like GODS for the rest of our lives. They are desperate to win one and will sell out the Q every night. We're talking jersey retirements, statues, the whole nine yards. Come to Cleveland."

Chris: Gee Bron that sounds good and all, but in the NBA that have this thing called the Salary cap and you guys are over that. So which group of those guys are going to Toronto in the S&T to make that happen?

**LeBron: Gee Chris, you don't think I got you on this?!? The Cavs FO has a team willing to take Mo Williams and Delonte West into their cap space, which'll create a TPE ... you know what .. just come to Cleveland and win some rings with me**
    FIFY
    There were ways Bosh could've landed in Cleveland. I'd be interested in hearing your (errr, Chris') rebuttal
    Last edited by Zone; 12-03-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: removed snarky comment

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zone For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 1,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    The 2008 Olympics is the first time that we heard about LeBron recruiting Bosh to come to Cleveland actually. Obviously Cleveland is a pretty hard sell to players, and it didn't work. I don't know the exact date they all decided Miami was the place they wanted to play, but I assume it was around the trade deadline in 2010 when it became clear that the Knicks, and Nets could not offer all three of them a contract.

New York City was the original plan, and you can't convince me otherwise. You know what the absolute worst part of the whole Miami situation is? Toronto, one of the two teams screwed over in the deal was the team that made it possible for the Heat to actually pull off the signings smh.

The whole landscape of the NBA is changed if that Miami/Toronto trade doesn't happen. Wade in Chicago, LeBron/Bosh somewhere, possibly Cleveland, Amare/Boozer on the left over teams of the Clippers/Nets/Knicks.

If the Clippers are the odd team out, than we still do the Baron Davis trade, although the Kyrie Irving thing likely doesn't happen.
    Am I the only one who never heard a single thing about Bosh being recruited to Cleveland by LeBron?

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,576 Times in 3,188 Posts

The same reason teams (*cough *cough Cleveland Cavs *cough cough*) tank?..... Gambling and accepting short term pain for possible long term gain.

The Heat weren't the only team to cut salary to sign 2010 free agents. See NYKnicks. If it wasn't Bron and/or Bosh in Miami then it could've been Amare/Boozer and Joe Johnson or a host of other role players
    The difference between New York and Miami is that New York didn't have a franchise player whose prime they were wasting by cutting that space. New York was attempting to clear their payroll after a decade of awful decisions and worse contracts (which they ironically followed up with more stupid decisions and bad contracts...all this has happened before and will happen again) and were hoping to cash in on a superstar-laden free agency.

I just don't see any team with a player like Wade intentionally shitting all over his prime unless they had some sort of long-term commitment from him prior to doing so. There's gambling, and then there's sheer recklessness. The Heat were in the latter category unless they knew something the rest of us didn't.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,313 Times in 2,873 Posts

Would be the best story in the NBA, ever, would be one of the most controversial moves in sports, and it would garner Cleveland (and LeBron) multiple rings.

Sounds like a move #6 would be willing to make, considering the above. Whether or not it'll happen is anyone's guess.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,094 Times in 2,599 Posts

Let me help you understand. I'm not a parrot. I wont just regurgitate the same old same old about James. I wont invent lies, theories or any other fictional stories to ease my "pain" over his decision to leave Cleveland. What i "run to defend" is the truth. I dont have an issue with you not liking the stance i've chosen, but pointing the finger/criticism at me magnifies my point. I.e there's no merit in yours or else your response would be different.

Oh and ....

You dont have a problem with collusion (even though its been said many times over that what they did wasn't collusion) you have a problem that said "collusion" didnt benefit you. So spare me the faux "I'm fighting against collusion" discourse. It's hypocritical and falls on deaf ears.

Changes nothing about my point. They still scaled down their team especially from a payroll standpoint to make a run at the 2010 free agent class...especially Lebron James.
    The truth is collusion.

You telling me how I would react if the collusion benefited Cleveland is called "make believe" and doesn't count in real life.

It is collusion; not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

You are the very definition of a sports hipster. You have no pride. It's easier to just jump on the bandwagon than to get shafted and take the short end of the stick. People like you are pathetic to me.

Thanks

I just find it odd that ever since LeBron left we've never really made a push to bring a half decent player to play SF.
    Makes me feel like there's a bigger plan, probably me just having a pipe dream hoping the Cavs rise again.

But it helps me sleep at night.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    Am I the only one who never heard a single thing about Bosh being recruited to Cleveland by LeBron?
    Likely not, but i specifically remember someone writing an article about it, and I believe during a Raptors/Cavs game in 08-09 the announcers were talking about LeBron, and Bosh talking about playing together in Cleveland, then the announcers said that Bosh should have tried to get LeBron to go to Toronto lol. That is why I remember that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew View Post
    I just find it odd that ever since LeBron left we've never really made a push to bring a half decent player to play SF.
    Makes me feel like there's a bigger plan, probably me just having a pipe dream hoping the Cavs rise again.

But it helps me sleep at night.
    It's not like we've had great options at the SF... Barnes? Yuck. Klay Thompson, at #4 umm Grant would have been stoned.

Besides we already signed the SF of the future, CJ Miles.

Thanks

It's not like we've had great options at the SF... Barnes? Yuck. Klay Thompson, at #4 umm Grant would have been stoned.

Besides we already signed the SF of the future, CJ Miles.
    Really hoping the Miles comment is sarcasm.
    But yeah you're probably right. I've just thought of this whole conspiracy theory that Gilbert and 'Bron had a talk and way to make the team a solid contender for his return. Since no one would sign with Cleveland, build the team up, shed cap, and add assets. Then in 2014 the team would be missing on piece, LeBron.

Yeah, this is crazy. I know.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beefstew For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks

But yeah you're probably right. I've just thought of this whole conspiracy theory that Gilbert and 'Bron had a talk and way to make the team a solid contender for his return. Since no one would sign with Cleveland, build the team up, shed cap, and add assets. Then in 2014 the team would be missing on piece, LeBron.

Yeah but so is this thread. So this is a legitimate thought. The pieces do add up, and if we're wrong, it just means we're preparing to land one elsewhere.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MJA1080 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What do you mean bro, of course i'm serious CJ Miles is going to be an all star in a couple of years .

I actually like this way of thinking, but it's mostly because it's much more fun to think of it this way than to say LeBron f'd us in the a lol.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What do you mean bro, of course i'm serious CJ Miles is going to be an all star in a couple of years .

I actually like this way of thinking, but it's mostly because it's much more fun to think of it this way than to say LeBron f'd us in the a lol.
    Haha I know, I couldn't accept the fact he just got up and left like that. So i told my myself there was a bigger plan, guess we shall see...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to beefstew For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Haha I know, I couldn't accept the fact he just got up and left like that. So i told my myself there was a bigger plan, guess we shall see...
    Haha I was pretty shocked/pissed when it happened. I came to accept it though.

On to the plan it certainly is possible there is a plan. We will know that it is at the very least on Gilbert's mind if in 2014 we have 20 million in cap space going in to the offseason. I'd like to see it happen personally, and I know it would be an amazing sports narrative, and would make for a very good "all access" movie/book in 20 years.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zone View Post
    There were ways Bosh could've landed in Cleveland. I'd be interested in hearing your (errr, Chris') rebuttal
    Yeah there were ways but to get Bosh you would've had to part with multiple key pieces, making a championship that much harder to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    The difference between New York and Miami is that New York didn't have a franchise player whose prime they were wasting by cutting that space. New York was attempting to clear their payroll after a decade of awful decisions and worse contracts (which they ironically followed up with more stupid decisions and bad contracts...all this has happened before and will happen again) and were hoping to cash in on a superstar-laden free agency.

I just don't see any team with a player like Wade intentionally shitting all over his prime unless they had some sort of long-term commitment from him prior to doing so. There's gambling, and then there's sheer recklessness. The Heat were in the latter category unless they knew something the rest of us didn't.
    The Heat team was in rebuild mode after the championship players got old and Wade got hurt. If the Heat win the lottery and get Rose maybe they build around him and Wade (maybe Bosh and James go there anyway), but they ended up with Beasley and a team good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to contend for LOB's. Pretty easy choice sign vets with contracts ending in 2010 and use the space to remake your team. Its documented they knew those guys wanted to play together. So its not that big of a deal. Amare or Boozer were locks for Miami if Bosh didnt go there.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    The truth is collusion.

You telling me how I would react if the collusion benefited Cleveland is called "make believe" and doesn't count in real life.

It is collusion; not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

You are the very definition of a sports hipster. You have no pride. It's easier to just jump on the bandwagon than to get shafted and take the short end of the stick. People like you are pathetic to me.
    You know what's pathetic to me...LIARS. Aint no darn well in hades you would have been crying about the collusion that garnered the Cavs an NBA championship. At least be honest.

Oh and just so you know i have Duke and Cleveland Brown pride. Those are the teams i support and have supported since the late 80's.