View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 172 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 721221621701711721731741822222726721172 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 23262
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

This current team really does fit with LeBron. Kyrie at the helm with Dion on the wing. Andy and Zeller down low.. Tristan/Boobie/Gee off the bench with whoever is added in the next 2 years.

I really hate the guy.. but it makes too much sense for both parties for this not to happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,773 Posts

You never know where we will be two years down the line anyways. When it is the 2013-2014 season, I think we should be discussing this.

Not now. Too much can change from now until the 2014 Free Agency period.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Likely not, but i specifically remember someone writing an article about it, and I believe during a Raptors/Cavs game in 08-09 the announcers were talking about LeBron, and Bosh talking about playing together in Cleveland, then the announcers said that Bosh should have tried to get LeBron to go to Toronto lol. That is why I remember that.
    The only thing I remember is (I believe) Broussard reporting Cleveland and Toronto had a sign-and-trade deal in place for Bosh but that Bosh declined.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgm405 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,048 Times in 3,423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew View Post
    Really hoping the Miles comment is sarcasm.
    But yeah you're probably right. I've just thought of this whole conspiracy theory that Gilbert and 'Bron had a talk and way to make the team a solid contender for his return. Since no one would sign with Cleveland, build the team up, shed cap, and add assets. Then in 2014 the team would be missing on piece, LeBron.

Yeah, this is crazy. I know.
    I'd believe that theory (I've thought it myself a few times) if Gilbert and LeBron had parted ways amicably. I don't even think it's have been far fetched.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jay_em View Post
    Let me help you understand. I'm not a parrot. I wont just regurgitate the same old same old about James. I wont invent lies, theories or any other fictional stories to ease my "pain" over his decision to leave Cleveland. What i "run to defend" is the truth. I dont have an issue with you not liking the stance i've chosen, but pointing the finger/criticism at me magnifies my point. I.e there's no merit in yours or else your response would be different.

Oh and ....

You dont have a problem with collusion (even though its been said many times over that what they did wasn't collusion) you have a problem that said "collusion" didnt benefit you. So spare me the faux "I'm fighting against collusion" discourse. It's hypocritical and falls on deaf ears.

Changes nothing about my point. They still scaled down their team especially from a payroll standpoint to make a run at the 2010 free agent class...especially Lebron James.

Name another team who has done that with a superstar franchise player besides the Heat.

Thanks

Three (at the time) franchise players just so happened to end up on the same team at the same time? Just LoL @ even arguing that this was legit. I won't engage in this anymore.

I apologize for going down this road again RCFers.

Thanks

So if Lebron comes back, how does the Rest of the League's fans react if/when we do get a ring? What is the perception of this team and championship? Does it matter?

Rookie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    So if Lebron comes back, how does the Rest of the League's fans react if/when we do get a ring? What is the perception of this team and championship? Does it matter?
    I have thought about this a lot too. I feel that if LeBron returned to Cleveland we would be criticized a lot by the media and other teams fan bases and to me it matters because I know I would get pissed having to listen to it everyday. However, the thought of championships may bring some peace to me. In the end I still don't know if I want LeBron to come back because I believe that we are building a solid young core here and I believe we can win championships without him as long as we continue to draft smart and spend our money wisely.

Also that PTI video was kind of depressing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to McMuffin 2014 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    My opinion has done a complete 180 on this as time has passed. I've come to realize I could not possibly care less. Not possible. Much like the city of Cleveland and every Cavs fan alive, if he came back and delivered a title here, I'd be too busy partying and loving life to care about ANYTHING, much less the perception of the outside world.

And I agree with a few of you that nothing would be more huge for his legacy than the Prodigal Son narrative in Cleveland and I think he knows it. That Miami title may have felt good for a bit, but the second his feet touched down in his hometown, I bet it was the first thing he thought about. "What if I could have done that HERE".

It speaks volumes that the rumblings have already started as early as last year, from Windhorst and others, that they're confident he'll wear a Cavs jersey again. That speculation is still out there, and likely wont go away until 2014 gets here.

Plus, I cant stop myself from thinking about he and Kyrie Irving running the break and playing off each other every night... my God.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jlegg21 For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'd believe that theory (I've thought it myself a few times) if Gilbert and LeBron had parted ways amicably. I don't even think it's have been far fetched.
    One possibility on this was "The Decision" pissed Gilbert off and he let loose which he was going to do before hand, including the information that James quit(aka the "quitness") during the 2010 playoffs.

So things spiraled out of control, but looks like that has been patched up.

Frankly, I don't want Quitness back. He will be a old 30 by then. Not worth the money or emotional baggage when the team should be blossoming.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futuredome View Post
    One possibility on this was "The Decision" pissed Gilbert off and he let loose which he was going to do before hand, including the information that James quit(aka the "quitness") during the 2010 playoffs.

Frankly, I don't want Quitness back. He will be a old 30 by then. Not worth the money or emotional baggage when the team should be blossoming.
    How will a guy whos never been injured in his career be an old 30? I've seen him roll his ankle countless amount of times that would make Boobie out for the season only to hobble for 30 seconds and get right back into it. The guy is a machine.. theres no reason to think he won't be as good if not better within the next 5 years.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,048 Times in 3,423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futuredome View Post

Couldn't disagree more.

He will still be playing at a superstar level by the time he is 30. This team may be stocked with young talent by then, but all young teams need something to put them over the top. Adding a veteran LeBron James would do that for us, I think.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,895 Times in 3,888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers Guy View Post
    How will a guy whos never been injured in his career be an old 30? I've seen him roll his ankle countless amount of times that would make Boobie out for the season only to hobble for 30 seconds and get right back into it. The guy is a machine.. theres no reason to think he won't be as good if not better within the next 5 years.
    Or they just weren't as bad as he made it out to be & just wanted the attention. Yes, I seriously think he was that big of a drama queen. Like when he'd get hit under the basket & act like he got shot in the back.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoFlo View Post
    Or they just weren't as bad as he made it out to be & just wanted the attention. Yes, I seriously think he was that big of a drama queen. Like when he'd get hit under the basket & act like he got shot in the back.
    The closest thing i've seen to LeBron really getting hurt was every time he got hit in the head. It's like his kryptonite (sp?). If he had taken that Ron Artest elbow that Harden took he likely would have been done for the year.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Rich Paul will be the key in Lebron's next decision in 2014.