View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
511. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

202 39.53%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

173 33.86%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

141 27.59%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

12 2.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 174 of 489 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 7324
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 963 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

I was kind of randomly thinking the other day, but I think the Nets would be amazing with LeBron at Sf, way better than the Heat now. They have a much more productive 2nd option in D Will who can create off the dribble and shoot better (and pass better) than old man Wade. Joe Johnson might even be a better 2 than Wade is beside LeBron right now. Joe Johnson can shoot which is always great by LeBron. And they have an actual big inside in Brook Lopez that has size and toughness, and can rebound and finish. I know every team is better with LeBron, but theoretically I think that team is better than the Heat roster now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JK11 View Post
    I was kind of randomly thinking the other day, but I think the Nets would be amazing with LeBron at Sf, way better than the Heat now. They have a much more productive 2nd option in D Will who can create off the dribble and shoot better (and pass better) than old man Wade. Joe Johnson might even be a better 2 than Wade is beside LeBron right now. Joe Johnson can shoot which is always great by LeBron. And they have an actual big inside in Brook Lopez that has size and toughness, and can rebound and finish. I know every team is better with LeBron, but theoretically I think that team is better than the Heat roster now.
    Well yeah sure if you want to add the best player in the league to a top 10 PG, SG, SF, and C i'm sure the team would be improved. Gerald Wallace off the bench would be unfair. Unless you mean if LeBron had signed there in 2010, which in that case I have no idea what their team would look like other than LeBron/Lopez, and most likely the trade for DWill.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 963 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Well yeah sure if you want to add the best player in the league to a top 10 PG, SG, SF, and C i'm sure the team would be improved. Gerald Wallace off the bench would be unfair. Unless you mean if LeBron had signed there in 2010, which in that case I have no idea what their team would look like other than LeBron/Lopez, and most likely the trade for DWill.
    Well I mean LeBron replacing Gerald Wallace completely. I know any team would be improved with LeBron, but I am saying I think that a Nets team with him would be much better than this Heat team with him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brownindian View Post
    LeBron and Bosh should be good enough to win a championship if the rest of the pieces fall correctly. It is upto the rest of the young blood to step up.
    That depends on how the rest of the league is shaping up. Who is to say that the Lakers won't be reloaded again with some rediculously lopsided trade that pairs Dwight with Rose, and Deng. *This is more or less a joke* Just saying stuff changes so much in two years that we won't be able to judge how the NBA will look by then. Look at the current Lakers who in the hell would have thought that team would have between 4-6 HOFer's on the roster this year.

Thanks

Well I mean LeBron replacing Gerald Wallace completely. I know any team would be improved with LeBron, but I am saying I think that a Nets team with him would be much better than this Heat team with him.
    I get you. Miami would have a pretty bright future with Damian Lillard at the helm as well as an opportunity to compete this year.

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 687 Posts

Yeah, if they want a $200 million roster

Thanks
    Thanked 6,325 Times in 2,878 Posts

Even a 30 year old James on this Cavaliers team would instantly make them one of the best squads in the league. That's not even taking into account whatever Waiters turns into and what we get in the next 2 years...

Please make it happen.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Even a 30 year old James on this Cavaliers team would instantly make them one of the best squads in the league. That's not even taking into account whatever Waiters turns into and what we get in the next 2 years...

Please make it happen.
    no

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

Time will tell

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

If the Cavaliers are fortunate enough to draft Shabazz Muhammad, then LBJ is coming back to Cleveland. I believe that would seal the deal, but I still think it's possible without Muhammad, we'd just need a good enough team built by 2014.

I'm about to drop some shit that is going to piss off a lot of Cavalier fans, but it's just the way that it is.

I believe if James would have went to the Chicago Bulls in 2010, it would not have been painted by the media as the front-runner/super team image that was portrayed by him going to Miami. Derrick Rose was in his infancy, he would have been like Kyrie is now, a supremely talented young player that was just starting to be acknowledged as an up and coming superstar player.

LeBron would have never been criticized for being a front runner (that took the easy way out) by joining other superstar players in their prime, because Rose wasn't a superstar like that yet. That's right where Irving is headed.

Now here's what Cleveland doesn't want to hear.

It would be a really good decision for James to come home because he would erase all doubt that he needed a super team to win. Even if Kyrie is making the all star team, it's not the same bitch made decision to go join Dwyane AND Bosh in their primes. It would really be a win win situation for James, because he'd have another talent on the Dwyane Wade level to come play with in Irving, without the big time name like Dwyane Wade or Dwight Howard.

Nobody would be calling James a pussy for taking the easy way out and coming to Cleveland to play with Irving. It would be quite the opposite, people would praise James maturity and growth for making amends with the city of Cleveland. LeBron would basically get a ton of praise and restore his image, and remove that blemish on his reputation. If he won in Cleveland, he'd be considered a top 5 player of all time. If he only ever wins on a super-team, there will always be this asterisk that people will remember. There will be a blemish that won't be forgotten.

I believe this reunion is possible in the future for a couple reasons.

James will have already won 2-3 championships, so the number is not as important as he once thought it was. I believe he went to Miami because it was his best chance at attaining around 5-6 championships. At that time, he thought he needed 6 championships to be in the same breath as Jordan. That is clearly not the case, just ask Larry Bird and his 3 championships, or Wilt and his 2. The number of championships you win is really insignificant, just as long as you win.

I think deep inside of LeBron somewhere in 2010, he realized that he has been blessed by God with gifts that are once in a lifetime and he needed to ensure himself a ring. He NEEDED to get a championship to validate himself as one of the best of all time. He couldn't take the risk of wasting away his body in Cleveland trying and trying to win the ring. Nothing was guaranteed and it was too much of a risk. Going to Miami seemed like a sure-fire thing, as evidenced by their famous get-together celebration in Miami.

But I'm thinking to myself, he's already going to have 2-3 rings when his tenure is up in Miami. He doesn't NEED to get a ring like he so desperately needed in 2010.

He's not going to be as concerned with the number of rings as he once was. It really won't matter if he gets 4-5-6 championships. Just as long as he has the opportunity to contend every year, he'll be satisfied.

What would be bigger for him than anything else is to dispel the notion that he needed a super-team to win it all. If he came back to Cleveland, even if Kyrie was an all-star, he'd dispel that notion, because it wouldn't be the same scenario that happened in 2010 (3 stars in their prime teaming up) rather, it would be like if James decided to go play with Rose when he was an up and coming star in Chicago in 2010.

LeBron is not going to be so concerned with the number of championships, he'll have already gotten his. But even if he came back and won just one championship in Cleveland, the media would elevate him to the right hand of Michael Jordan, he'd be this generations Michael Jordan, and that was the storybook ending for him all of this time.

People thinking he's going to LA because of their pedigree and tradition are wrong. There's a LOT of headaches that come from playing in Los Angeles or NYC. At that point in his career, I don't think he wants to deal with that media circus that fluctuates with every shot made or missed. He'd be much better off coming back home, living quietly in his hometown, and having several opportunities to erase the biggest asterisk on his legacy, and the opportunity to write the ending to that storybook that we all know the ending to.
    Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 12-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    If the Cavaliers are fortunate enough to draft Shabazz Muhammad, then LBJ is coming back to Cleveland. I believe that would seal the deal, but I still think it's possible without Muhammad, we'd just need a good enough team built by 2014.

Not that I necessarily think drafting Bazz guarantees LeBron will or won't come back here, I think it seriously decreases the chances because that would mean our four best players are perimiter players (KI/DW/S&M/LBJ), and all if panned out would be well worthy of 35 minutes or more, and we would be hard pressed to give everyone their minutes unless we played a lot of small ball. If we drafted a C, and he panned out I think it would make signing LeBron a lot easier.

I'm about to drop some shit that is going to piss off a lot of Cavalier fans, but it's just the way that it is.

I believe if James would have went to the Chicago Bulls in 2010, it would not have been painted by the media as the front-runner/super team image that was portrayed by him going to Miami. Derrick Rose was in his infancy, he would have been like Kyrie is now, a supremely talented young player that was just starting to be acknowledged as an up and coming superstar player.

I agree with this part completely. However, with that said the failing to live up to Jodan's shadow pressure would have likely been too much for him, or really anyone. A guy that's been compared to Jordan since he was a teenager, playing on Jordan's team, and possibly/likely winning a title with that team... Umm yeah i'm sure that type of pressure would have been way more than the pressure in Miami, even though Miami has a ton of pressure as well (self inflicted).

LeBron would have never been criticized for being a front runner (that took the easy way out) by joining other superstar players in their prime, because Rose wasn't a superstar like that yet. That's right where Irving is headed.

Now here's what Cleveland doesn't want to hear.

It would be a really good decision for James to come home because he would erase all doubt that he needed a super team to win. Even if Kyrie is making the all star team, it's not the same bitch made decision to go join Dwyane AND Bosh in their primes. It would really be a win win situation for James, because he'd have another talent on the Dwyane Wade level to come play with in Irving, without the big time name like Dwyane Wade or Dwight Howard.

Nobody would be calling James a pussy for taking the easy way out and coming to Cleveland to play with Irving. It would be quite the opposite, people would praise James maturity and growth for making amends with the city of Cleveland. LeBron would basically get a ton of praise and restore his image, and remove that blemish on his reputation. If he won in Cleveland, he'd be considered a top 5 player of all time. If he only ever wins on a super-team, there will always be this asterisk that people will remember. There will be a blemish that won't be forgotten.

I believe this reunion is possible in the future for a couple reasons.

James will have already won 2-3 championships, so the number is not as important as he once thought it was. I believe he went to Miami because it was his best chance at attaining around 5-6 championships. At that time, he thought he needed 6 championships to be in the same breath as Jordan. That is clearly not the case, just ask Larry Bird and his 3 championships, or Wilt and his 2. The number of championships you win is really insignificant, just as long as you win.

I think deep inside of LeBron somewhere in 2010, he realized that he has been blessed by God with gifts that are once in a lifetime and he needed to ensure himself a ring. He NEEDED to get a championship to validate himself as one of the best of all time. He couldn't take the risk of wasting away his body in Cleveland trying and trying to win the ring. Nothing was guaranteed and it was too much of a risk. Going to Miami seemed like a sure-fire thing, as evidenced by their famous get-together celebration in Miami.

But I'm thinking to myself, he's already going to have 2-3 rings when his tenure is up in Miami. He doesn't NEED to get a ring like he so desperately needed in 2010.

He's not going to be as concerned with the number of rings as he once was. It really won't matter if he gets 4-5-6 championships. Just as long as he has the opportunity to contend every year, he'll be satisfied.

What would be bigger for him than anything else is to dispel the notion that he needed a super-team to win it all. If he came back to Cleveland, even if Kyrie was an all-star, he'd dispel that notion, because it wouldn't be the same scenario that happened in 2010 (3 stars in their prime teaming up) rather, it would be like if James decided to go play with Rose when he was an up and coming star in Chicago in 2010.

LeBron is not going to be so concerned with the number of championships, he'll have already gotten his. But even if he came back and won just one championship in Cleveland, the media would elevate him to the right hand of Michael Jordan, he'd be this generations Michael Jordan, and that was the storybook ending for him all of this time.

People thinking he's going to LA because of their pedigree and tradition are wrong. There's a LOT of headaches that come from playing in Los Angeles or NYC. At that point in his career, I don't think he wants to deal with that media circus that fluctuates with every shot made or missed. He'd be much better off coming back home, living quietly in his hometown, and having several opportunities to erase the biggest asterisk on his legacy, and the opportunity to write the ending to that storybook that we all know the ending to.
    Not only would it make him look like a non front runner it would make for one hell of a narrative if he lead the Cavs to a title. That story writes it self to say the least.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

Not sucking cock for a ship.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    And lebron will be haild as the greatest ever even though he would have taken a shortcut to miami then when the cavs build a team he comes back... no get shabazz and lets do this our way. Dont let these foolish ads fool you the guy hasnt changed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    And lebron will be haild as the greatest ever even though he would have taken a shortcut to miami then when the cavs build a team he comes back... no get shabazz and lets do this our way. Dont let these foolish ads fool you the guy hasnt changed
    I'm not fooled by the ads at all. I just think people mature naturally on their own. We had LeBron when he was at his peak of being a hothead.

By 2014, he'll be a grown man. He was clearly a boy when we had him, a boy raised by bitches.... hoodrat bitches to top it off, with no father there to knock him back down. He grew into arguably the best athlete on Earth, I'm not so sure me or you wouldn't have become cocky, arrogant, self absorbed assholes as well if we suddenly grew into the best athlete on the planet.

The Cavaliers took the wrong approach by giving him everything he wanted, it only made the monster bigger and furthered James arrogance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    It wouldn't be sucking cock, it's just reality. The Cavaliers are SO far away from being legitimate threats that it's unimaginable. If suddenly the best player in the NBA wants to come to your team to put your team over the top, you would be foolish to let pride get in the way of us Clevelanders ever getting a championship.

I just don't think there will be a way for us to be legitimate threats using conventional methods. There is no Kevin Durant out there, so even if we get ULTRA lucky and get Muhammad, we would still be very far away from being a legitimate threat.

I think Chris Grant is a solid GM, but he's not earth shattering and I could very well see him fucking something up in the future. I don't have confidence in his ability to get us the players that would put us over the top.

So if suddenly LeBron could be the final piece, I would not turn down the best player in the league, because we're damn sure not going to make it to the promised land by signing Josh Smith or someone else like that one off-season. LeBron could be the piece to make a championship a reality and you would be foolish to pass it up over pride.

We have never tasted a championship in Cleveland, and we have a very unique situation where the best player in the league (who was born here) could round out our roster and we could finally taste the championship champagne.

If you think Chris Grant is going to just magically make the rabbit come out of the hat, get real man. Just look at the talent on OKC's roster, that's what you need to compete in this day and age. You have to remember, we are Cleveland, nobody wants to come here. To top it off we're going to miss out on the marquee talents like Wiggins and Julius Randle because we're going to be too good next year to get a #1 pick.

LeBron might be the only real option for us to get into the realm of OKC's talent level.