View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
512. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

203 39.65%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

173 33.79%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

141 27.54%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

12 2.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 177 of 490 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 7341
    Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billmac91 View Post
    I truly believe his next deal will be with the Brooklyn Nets and he will finish his career there. Coming back to Cleveland in his mid to late 30's doesn't change the past. Why would a guy on his last legs change the narrative or his legacy at all?

People need to move on and let it go....does he regret the way he left, yes absolutely. Does he miss what he had in Cleveland? I'm sure. Does he want to come back to Cleveland when he'll get to play the recruiting game all over again and re-create the next power team? Hell no. Not happening.

Guy is going to Brooklyn to chill with our generations Frank Sinatra and play in the largest spotlight. When Brooklyn starts unloading contracts next year, watch out...
    And who is this generations Frank Sinatra? Please God tell me you are not comparing Jay-Z to Frank Sinatra.

Just because he uses that line in a rap song does NOT make it right, nor accurate.

And when did LeBron play any recruiting game in Clevaland?

Terrible.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    That's your opinion, can you read LeBron's mind?

I realize that sometimes my writing style makes me seem like I am presenting my opinion as fact, but I'm merely trying to play the devils advocate and present some potential factors and possible scenarios that could weigh into his next decision.

Your statement is just saying basically that you can read the guys mind.
    Im not saying im a mind reader ... but consider this -

1. When was the last time that a superstar left a team to join another team and then came back to the same team again?

2. We all know that for big named people big markets are more alluring than small markets.

3. LeBron, whether he liked it or not, when he colluded to create a super team -> he made ither stars realize that their best way to win rings also is to form super teams so expect more of that to happen. So in order for him to get his coveted rings he needs to stay in one super team or another.

4. Him winning 1 ring in Cleveland as an alpha dog maybe good for his past legacy and Cleveland, but him winning multiple championships with different cities/superteams is good for the overall marketability of his products. Sadly people nowadays recognize the rings more than the effort that players put in.

I understand where you are coming from and personally wish he would prove me wrong and will come back here but in my opinion I do not see that happening. I think time will validate that i am right in my opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billmac91 View Post
    I truly believe his next deal will be with the Brooklyn Nets and he will finish his career there. Coming back to Cleveland in his mid to late 30's doesn't change the past. Why would a guy on his last legs change the narrative or his legacy at all?

People need to move on and let it go....does he regret the way he left, yes absolutely. Does he miss what he had in Cleveland? I'm sure. Does he want to come back to Cleveland when he'll get to play the recruiting game all over again and re-create the next power team? Hell no. Not happening.

Guy is going to Brooklyn to chill with our generations Frank Sinatra and play in the largest spotlight. When Brooklyn starts unloading contracts next year, watch out...
    only if brooklyn already has big name talent. I do not expect him to go to teams that are struggling to contend or small market teams. i would think LA, Knicks, Dallas, Chicago off the top of my mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,331 Times in 2,883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    So you're "over" the decision and fans who don't want him back are not? Get real dude. If you want him back fine, but have the respect for fans who don't want him back. It's not something that is clouding our lives lol.
    If you preach about winning a title, but are still too bitter to accept the best player in the game back, clearly you are not over it.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,649 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you preach about winning a title, but are still too bitter to accept the best player in the game back, clearly you are not over it.
    Ok Mr. psychiatrist lol. If I must play your game, clearly you....nah not going there hehe.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    The number that don't want him back diminishes I agree. But that's a given right? They could just not give a fuck anymore. If he plays here, he owes it to this organization for quitting (and once again I will not lobby for the asshole to come here). No one truly knows what the fuck is going through Gilbert's head. That's one thing you can be sure of.
    I'm not sure that LeBron actually quit in 2010 after watching him play in the 2011 finals. Honestly it was the same thing as it was in 2010. I still lean towards him having his mind in Miami at that point, but I don't know that it was actually him quitting, just rather him being shell shocked or something. I don't really know, but I can't see the guy throwing away a championship just to "prove" he didn't quit against Boston.

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brownindian View Post
    Im not saying im a mind reader ... but consider this -

1. When was the last time that a superstar left a team to join another team and then came back to the same team again?

2. We all know that for big named people big markets are more alluring than small markets.

3. LeBron, whether he liked it or not, when he colluded to create a super team -> he made ither stars realize that their best way to win rings also is to form super teams so expect more of that to happen. So in order for him to get his coveted rings he needs to stay in one super team or another.

4. Him winning 1 ring in Cleveland as an alpha dog maybe good for his past legacy and Cleveland, but him winning multiple championships with different cities/superteams is good for the overall marketability of his products. Sadly people nowadays recognize the rings more than the effort that players put in.

I understand where you are coming from and personally wish he would prove me wrong and will come back here but in my opinion I do not see that happening. I think time will validate that i am right in my opinion.
    I have to disagree. Why? well because -

1. Superstars don't have that luxury of being able to go back to a situation where it's actually quite better than before the star leaves. Not only does he have that opportunity - but it's probably the best superstar-left-than-comes-back situation ever. He gets to mend back with Cleveland/Akron/NE Ohio, and be the man to bring the coveted gold home.

2. Lebron IS a big-market. Lebron can literally go to any team right now (other than Hawks and Heat) - and not only sell out every game, but sell out merchandise, TV air, etc. This isn't Lebron's first time in a small market (obviously).

3. The current Lakers team is a perfect example of a 'created super star team' failing miserably. Hell, even the Heat failed in 2011. Numerous stars on 1 team never guarantees a championship. Just look at history. The Spurs, Mavs, Pistons, Celtics have all acquired talent via GM maneuvering.

4. Him winning in Cleveland may be one of the biggest story lines in the NBA history. His stock would never come down after something like that. Imagine the type of reaction the city of Cleveland/NE Ohio would have seeing that championship being paraded through the city, let alone the reaction from around the league. He would gain so much respect and appreciation.

It's definitely options Lebron is weighing right now. He knows that after a 10th year in the NBA, you've passed the apex - and it's time to consider all options suitable to fit your legacy. I would not be no where near the subject of Lebron coming back, but when I see how exceptional Kyrie is as a player and how humble his attitude is - I realize it's a high possibility.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,331 Times in 2,883 Posts

Ok Mr. psychiatrist lol. If I must play your game, clearly you....nah not going there hehe.
    It's just my opinion.

I don't see how one can be so bitter that they wouldn't take the best player in the world on their team because of something he did to them (and apologized for) years ago, yet in the same breath claim they are "over it." It just doesn't add up to me, but again, just how I feel.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 450 Posts

Most stars who leave a city no longer call that city home. After the parade ended in Miami last year, where did he go? Home, 30 mins south of Cleveland. That makes this whole situation different.

I think people still underestimate the role of Rich Paul, LeBron's new agent. His new agency "Klutch Sports Management" will be located in his hometown of Cleveland, he's the only guy from the original crew who threw his body in front of the Decision and tried to stop it, and he's the guy who called Gilbert that night. Still maintains a good relationship with Gilbert and Grant.

Not to mention, pretty much since Miami won the title, there have been rumblings from his camp and leaked rumors about him coming back. Not convinced those are real, but there's definitely smoke already and we're 2 years out. Might have something to do with the fact that unless Wade, Allen and Battier find the fountain of youth in the next year or two, the odds of #6 re-signing with the Heat go down significantly.

Not saying it will or it wont happen, and it's still a long shot because the Cavs are so far away from contention, but I know one thing. The next 2 years will be REAL interesting. Ruling it out at this point is just as foolish as calling it a sure thing.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jlegg21 For This Useful Post:

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,649 Times in 688 Posts

It's just my opinion.

I don't see how one can be so bitter that they wouldn't take the best player in the world on their team because of something he did to them (and apologized for) years ago, yet in the same breath claim they are "over it." It just doesn't add up to me, but again, just how I feel.
    Not sure how old your are or if you ever had people in your lives screw you over. Just because some people don't forgive doesn't mean they haven't "moved on". Some people are wired that way. Nothing wrong with that. You're probably still young though...you'll learn my friend.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

Not sure how old your are or if you ever had people in your lives screw you over. Just because some people don't forgive doesn't mean they haven't "moved on". Some people are wired that way. Nothing wrong with that. You're probably still young though...you'll learn my friend.
    I don't understand why people don't understand this^

Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Most stars who leave a city no longer call that city home. After the parade ended in Miami last year, where did he go? Home, 30 mins south of Cleveland. That makes this whole situation different.

I think people still underestimate the role of Rich Paul, LeBron's new agent. His new agency "Klutch Sports Management" will be located in his hometown of Cleveland, he's the only guy from the original crew who threw his body in front of the Decision and tried to stop it, and he's the guy who called Gilbert that night. Still maintains a good relationship with Gilbert and Grant.

Not to mention, pretty much since Miami won the title, there have been rumblings from his camp and leaked rumors about him coming back. Not convinced those are real, but there's definitely smoke already and we're 2 years out. Might have something to do with the fact that unless Wade, Allen and Battier find the fountain of youth in the next year or two, the odds of #6 re-signing with the Heat go down significantly.

Not saying it will or it wont happen, and it's still a long shot because the Cavs are so far away from contention, but I know one thing. The next 2 years will be REAL interesting. Ruling it out at this point is just as foolish as calling it a sure thing.
    Ok what I take from this is that Lebron wants attention.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,334 Posts

"klutch sports management"

goodness that name is awful

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Triumph36 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,930 Times in 1,492 Posts

It's just my opinion.

I'm not bitter. But I do think the path to the championship is just as important as the championship itself. I have watched every franchise in Cleveland try to piece together a championship... only to get shit on on the biggest stage.

I do think LeBron coming here and playing savior would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth. It wouldn't be Cleveland's championship... it would be the championship LeBron won. I think the moment would be tainted. After rooting for Cleveland teams my whole life and never witnessing a championship... I don't think I would want it that way.

Maybe it's your OSU background that makes you okay with it. Just recruit the biggest and best players and beat the competition with talent alone. Expecting victory to be given instead of earned. As someone who played sports, this isn't how it should be. Teams are supposed to be like a family, not like an episode of Jerry Springer.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cafemerald For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    And who is this generations Frank Sinatra? Please God tell me you are not comparing Jay-Z to Frank Sinatra.

Just because he uses that line in a rap song does NOT make it right, nor accurate.

And when did LeBron play any recruiting game in Clevaland?

Terrible.
    From a marketing, business, and social status POV, he is this generations Frank Sinatra. I don't think there is a bigger entertainment name in the music industry at this point. It's debatable, sure, but not crazy.

And do you not remember LeBron having an off-season of teams visit him at the IMG offices in Cleveland as they recruited him? Do you not remember LeBron specifically stating that he enjoyed being recruited by NBA teams because he didn't have the opportunity of going to college? He enjoyed the Family Guy cartoon the Cavs made for him, the Jordan pitch the Bulls made, the Hip-Hop angle the Nets took, and the Championship presentation Pat Riley put on for the Heat.

Next time you want to criticize a post do some homework. Until then, enjoy your fantasy of LeBron coming back to Cleveland.

Terrible.