View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 187 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 871371771851861871881891972372876871187 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 23262
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 841 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

I want him to come back and then trade him the next season to the Bobcats. That would be fucking hilarious.
    When in doubt, step up the defense

Team Player
    Thanks

I guess we can just forget that he committed the number 1 sin of all time which is quitting in a playoff series you should have won that talking shit about the city of cleveland. I title by going through lebron would feel so much better then 1 with him

Thanks

I rather win a championship without him, but I would accept him back. I just want a championship and we could have a great starting five for him to come back to

PG-Kyrie
    SG-Dion
    SF-LBJ
    PF-Thompson
    C-Len/Andy/or Cody Zeller.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheNewEra For This Useful Post:

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know why, but that line-up just looks like its normal. Like it looks like it fits together

Not too get ahead of ourselves here, but that could be a dynasty if Lebron call pull another strong 4 years being nearly as efficient as he is now. Kyrie will be just entering his prime, along with tristian and both Zeller and DW will be playing a decent role.

You know what's crazy about what Wine & Gold said? The education thing with his children.

I work with a lady now that is good friends with Sian Cotton's baby mother, so she goes over their house out in Cuyahoga Hts - and he mentioned to her in a convo about Lebron's family was ready to come back home and put the kids in school up here. She said Savannah and Lebron are having a tough time keeping the kids focused in school, for whatever reason. that's why their currently home-schooling.

I can see Savannah and the boys moving back up earlier than he does, as what W&G mentioned what she would do in 8-10 months. They'll probably just be entering middle school, going through high school and ending up at Ohio State lol.

It all makes sense now lol. Putting the pieces together and you'll realize he may be on his way back now..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I-77 NORTH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,837 Times in 2,745 Posts

Enjoy going through this roller coaster again. I choose not to partake. He's going to the Lakers or the Nets or Miami is going to pull some crazy roster revamp out of their asses...

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,784 Times in 946 Posts

How much does Irving factor in to all of this? He's obviously an incredibly special talent himself.

The Cavs never had a talent like this in the LBJ era.

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,048 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    How much does Irving factor in to all of this? He's obviously an incredibly special talent himself.

The Cavs never had a talent like this in the LBJ era.
    Lebron begged for years to play with Chris Paul. Kyries gonna be as good or better by 2014.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Enjoy going through this roller coaster again. I choose not to partake. He's going to the Lakers or the Nets or Miami is going to pull some crazy roster revamp out of their asses...
    Some people dont believe in fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Like you said they got there rose colored glasses if they think someone in the right mind would pick to play with kyrie irving over dwight freakin howard. When kyrie becomes the best PG in the league you still pick D12 over him and lebron is smart enough to know that

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

...Wut.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to I-77 NORTH For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Some people dont believe in fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Like you said they got there rose colored glasses if they think someone in the right mind would pick to play with kyrie irving over dwight freakin howard. When kyrie becomes the best PG in the league you still pick D12 over him and lebron is smart enough to know that

That old fashion quote is a fine start to your statement. My opinion is different than yours on the second half of your statement. I would believe someone would want to play with "The best PG" in the game. As opposed to the "Best Bigman" in the game. (debatable). Would Blake Griffin rather play with CP3 or Dwight? Would Tim Duncan rather play with Dwight or Parker, same with KG and Rondo. I think pairing up a good SF/PF maybe SG with the Best PG in the League is the better combo than Dwight Howard. Opinion.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Len For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,535 Times in 4,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Except Dwight Howard is clearly hobbled right now, and no one knows if he'll ever be the same player he was two years ago again. And it's not as if Dwight is exactly lighting it up in LA.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    That old fashion quote is a fine start to your statement. My opinion is different than yours on the second half of your statement. I would believe someone would want to play with "The best PG" in the game. As opposed to the "Best Bigman" in the game. (debatable). Would Blake Griffin rather play with CP3 or Dwight? Would Tim Duncan rather play with Dwight or Parker, same with KG and Rondo. I think pairing up a good SF/PF maybe SG with the Best PG in the League is the better combo than Dwight Howard. Opinion.
    The players you mentioned though are PF you have to pair them with a PG but lebron plays PG most of the game and plays pick and roll.

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,784 Times in 946 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Brickman View Post
    Except Dwight Howard is clearly hobbled right now, and no one knows if he'll ever be the same player he was two years ago again. And it's not as if Dwight is exactly lighting it up in LA.
    Not even to mention that Dwight Howard never is serious about basketball. The day he was traded to Los Angeles, the Mecca of legendary big men, he's up there doing voice impersonations, acting like a jackass. I don't think Dwight cares, he's set, he's paid and living the life in Los Angeles.

Have you ever seen Dwight Howard get pissed? Have you ever seen him get pissed and impose his will on the game? Maybe, once? twice? Certainly not enough to alter a series. The year the Magic beat Cleveland, I'd give the majority of the credit to their 3pt shooting brigade.

You could argue that we had nobody to guard Dwight, which was true, but Mike Brown was dead set on stopping Dwight, rather than stopping the shooters. Larry Drew proved this when Atlanta took out the Magic in round one of the Eastern Conference playoffs. Drew simply let Howard get his, he exploded for a 40-20 game if I remember correctly. Hawks rolled, no problem.

Howard is an underachiever, Los Angeles the franchise is a second class shantytown with Jim Buss calling the shots. They are very reactionary, and the opposite of conservative with their assets. Just think, they traded their 1st round pick for Ramon Sessions, who chose to bolt town to none other than the Charlotte Bobcats.

Their team could have really used their upcoming draft picks to add more young, fresh talent to the mix. Nope, they gambled on Ramon Sessions and he burnt them.

You can argue that Los Angeles will always be able to swing crazy deals and bring in free agents, but eventually it's not enough. It doesn't matter how much money you can spend on free agents, eventually the young rookie talent is going to be more appealing than the Lakers who overpay and have run their assets so thin they're about to break the ice.

Hakeem Olajuwon used to play next to the 7-4 Ralph Sampson, didn't exactly work out well for Akeem, as he didn't win a championship until his tenth year in the league. Pretty sure Sampson was retired by then.

LeBron doesn't need Dwight Howard clogging up the lane, acting a fool, bringing more scrutiny to the situation, and bricking important free throws that could have won a game. It would be more important for LeBron to play with someone that can hit 3's at an absurd clip, hit game winners, provide a diversion or decoy....... That's Kyrie Irving.

Especially when Kyrie becomes a master at moving without the ball. Irving is just an incredible talent, and he has the eyes of LBJ.

I'd love for the Cavaliers to sign Josh Smith. I think it would be even more incentive for LBJ to come home if we had another player like a Josh Smith or even Paul Millsap, maybe the Cavaliers draft Anthony Bennett or another big man that can knock down jumpers like mad.

Kyrie
    Dion
    LBJ
    Josh Smith
    Tristan Thompson

Zeller
    Draft Pick
    Andy
    the rest.......

Idk about you guys, but that group could win a title. Especially in 2014 when Irving becomes even more seasoned and polished. Dion should have his feet wet by that time too. My God, if we land Shabazz.......Guaranteed LBJ is coming home and Cleveland rolls for 2+ championships.

Irving and Muhammad are the biggest competitors since Kobe, well maybe that's an exaggeration, but they both are super competitive guys capable of taking the game over in the 4th and hitting game winning shots.

That's not really LBJ's cup of tea. Sure he can hit a game winner, but he's also willing to pass the ball and make the proper play. There would be zero pressure on LeBron in the clutch, and he's probably be more than cool with that. For once, he wouldn't be expected to be "the guy" to seal the game.

Think Dwight Howard can bail him out? Good luck with that.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Reynolds For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,535 Times in 4,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Have you ever seen Dwight Howard get pissed? Have you ever seen him get pissed and impose his will on the game? Maybe, once? twice? Certainly not enough to alter a series. The year the Magic beat Cleveland, I'd give the majority of the credit to their 3pt shooting brigade.
    I've give the majority of the credit to Mike Brown's godawful game planning. Any idiot off the street could have seen that, every time we doubled Dwight, he kicked it out to an open three shooter and they nailed the three. SO STOP FUCKING DOUBLING DWIGHT. He had a severely limited offensive game back then (he still does, but it's less limited). Basically he could dunk and that was it. Dwight Howard was not going to score 40 a game, so single-team him and make him beat you by himself.

Instead, Mike Brown refused to adjust his game and we lost to a team we were better than. It was a fucking travesty of terrible coaching.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 2,877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mAo_mAo View Post
    I want him to come back and then trade him the next season to the Bobcats. That would be fucking hilarious.
    No, that would be fucking stupid.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post: