View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
512. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

203 39.65%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

173 33.79%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

141 27.54%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

12 2.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 190 of 492 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 7368
    Team Player Gin Rummy Champion Scrote Squad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 489 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    The one thing no one is really discussing is that it's going to create bad blood between LeBron and Wade, not to mention Pat Riley and the rest of the Heat organization, if LeBron opts out of his contract at his first opportunity. It is more likely he opts out in 2015, or maybe even plays out his contract. I don't see him staying with them beyond that unless they completely overhaul their team.
    If LeBron was able to leave Cleveland the way that he did, creating bad blood amongst his teammates, ownership and the rest of the country (outside of southern Florida), I doubt the prospect of upsetting D-Whistle and Pat Riley will make him flinch.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scrote Squad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 571 Posts

Lebron brings Bosh with him and wins another couple rings!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonzee330 View Post
    If LeBron was able to leave Cleveland the way that he did, creating bad blood amongst his teammates, ownership and the rest of the country (outside of southern Florida), I doubt the prospect of upsetting D-Whistle and Pat Riley will make him flinch.
    Until Pat Riley sicks the mafia on him.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonzee330 View Post
    True but lebron mad it clear he rep akron not cleveland but more importantly he wasnt as close with anyone on cleveland like he is with wade

Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 493 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JK11 View Post
    Until Pat Riley sicks the mafia on him.
    The Mob would never would have allowed Lebron to sign with the Heat or NY... NY crime familes still run Miami...

Gold Star Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 945 Posts

Everyone should know by now to not trust or believe anything Lebron says or does. Who knows what the hell he might do? Any signs or signals from him can't be trusted either.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NarlCavs For This Useful Post:

Team Player Gin Rummy Champion Scrote Squad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    True but lebron mad it clear he rep akron not cleveland but more importantly he wasnt as close with anyone on cleveland like he is with wade
    Am I supposed to take you seriously?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scrote Squad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NarlCavs View Post
    Everyone should know by now to not trust or believe anything Lebron says or does. Who knows what the hell he might do? Any signs or signals from him can't be trusted either.
    Surely we can trust the media reporting it.

Situational Stopper Baseline Runner's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is my take on Lebron's possible return:

First Lebron knows he screwed up. Not so much that he left, that is his right, but the way he left us. He realizes that it is a big sore point on an otherwise spectacular career. I think also that the grass hasn't been so much greener on the other side and he misses the fans here compared to the tepid Miami fans. He misses his home and he's probably had his fill of Miami. As his priorities shift to his family and kids, he realizes this is the best place to play out the rest of the career.

As for how Cavs fans and ownership should respond, it is simple, you take him back. Here is a newsflash, Lebron is a really, really good player, perhaps only second to Michael Jordan in the last 30 years. You have to have a very good reason to turn someone like that down. Just that he offended you isn't enough. In a business, if you have a chance to hire a legendary salesman who can double your businesses profits and sales, you hire that guy no matter what, even if he is the biggest asshole in the world. The same is true in this case.

In a way Lebron winning a championship here would be a great way to break Cleveland's sports curse. It would be a great story about a city forgiving a hometown hero with the hero redeeming himself. It would be an incredible notch to Lebron's legacy and he would go from being a hated villain to city savior. He would go down as a legend in this area for decades to come, with people still talking about him 50 years from now like we do with Jim Brown.

However to scorn Lebron and keep him from coming here, that my friends is a great way to keep the Cleveland curse going. People who can't forgive don't deserve to win a championship.

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Baseline Runner For This Useful Post:

Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,130 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    The one thing no one is really discussing is that it's going to create bad blood between LeBron and Wade, not to mention Pat Riley and the rest of the Heat organization, if LeBron opts out of his contract at his first opportunity. It is more likely he opts out in 2015, or maybe even plays out his contract. I don't see him staying with them beyond that unless they completely overhaul their team.
    Ehh, if he's smart he'll opt-out and get another 5 year max deal(or 6 if he stays with Miami). He'll be 10 seasons in at that point, and he probably will be dominant for at least two or three more, but things always have the possibility of going sour in the NBA very quickly. Hell two more full seasons (including this year) and two more playoff runs for Wade is a big part of the reason this could even happen in the first place.

As for him coming back, I never thought it would be possible, but things do seem to be heading towards a perfect environment/set-up for something insane like that to happen. How ironic would it be for LeBron in 2014 to be the biggest free agent that Cleveland can ever land? I hate and love the possibility at the same time. He's just too good of a fit with Kyrie to not at least think about the possiblities.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to InBoobieWeTrust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,493 Posts

I would rather sign Wade. His job would be to take out the best players on everyone elses team (God knows he has enough practice at that). That way by the time we get to the playoffs we are playing against glorified D-Leaguers. Victory!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cafemerald For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So let's imagine James and Gilbert did all this intentionally, just so cavs get good picks, before james get back. Did they pick the right players to surround James with ?
    Kobe's record without Shaq and Gasol is 121-125 and playoff record is 4-8
    Jordan without Pippen was 182-228 and 1-9 in the playoffs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 425 Posts

I was in a different website and I saw this posted:

I anticipated and watched this game with 'vested' interest. My, time sure goes by fast. I do not care if he ever comes back, but this video sure made me nostalgic.
    Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king. - Tywin Lannister

Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by th1 View Post
    So let's imagine James and Gilbert did all this intentionally, just so cavs get good picks, before james get back. Did they pick the right players to surround James with ?
    Is it a coincidence we have avoided small forwards like the plague?

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    Is it a coincidence we have avoided small forwards like the plague?
    Yup, that's what i stated also.

No coincidence that we selected a 6th man SG from Syracuse over a SF Barnes.