View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
511. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

    202 39.53%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

    173 33.86%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

    141 27.59%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

    12 2.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 197 of 489 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 7324
  1. #2941
    Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,377
    Thanks
    14,230
    Thanked 4,479 Times in 1,965 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    If laptops like that do exist it certainly would explain a lot of YouTube comments...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.


  2. #2942
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,411
    Thanks
    5,843
    Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,867 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Zone View Post
    But earlier you said he's matured, and your post seemed to indicate you meant off the court. So, he's matured on the court ... because he's a winner? By what measure? It seems his statement about "not one, not two, ...." championships leaves him a handful of rings short of what he said he'd do in Miami.

    Promises, promises ... wink, wink deals ... seems things never change
    This is his third season there. If he stays in Miami, they will win multiple titles. Can you please give it a rest? Stop being in denial?

    And don't tell me what my post meant just because it works for your argument. I know what I wrote. I do not care about the man as a tipper.
    Last edited by Chris; 01-16-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    The artist formerly known as cmstophe

  3. #2943
    Situational Stopper CodyL1121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 434 Times in 120 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This is his third season there. If he stays in Miami, they will win multiple titles. Can you please give it a rest? Stop being in denial?

    And don't tell me what my post meant just because it works for your argument. I know what I wrote. I do not care about the man as a tipper.
    Most likely they won't win "multiple" titles. They're all aging. Ray Allen will soon be on his way out. Wade is a little older than LeBron. With old age comes more injuries. Pretty soon they won't be a championship team. Sure, they'll still be good, but will they be good enough to win multiple times? I would think LeBron would be tempted back to the Cavaliers because of all tthe young talent we have. Kyrie will still be real young and performing at an unremarkable level. Hopefully Dion will become an above average SG and hopefully TT and Zeller can learn a few things from Andy.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to CodyL1121 For This Useful Post:


  5. #2944
    All Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    3,740
    Thanks
    1,924
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 946 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Chris Broussard talked about Lebron to Cavs just moments ago. Said there is a good chance but also said Lakers could have a shot if they dont resign Kobe.
    Browns QB wish list
    1) Blake Bortles
    2) Teddy Bridgewater
    3) Johnny Manziel
    4) Jimmy Garoppolo
    5) Derek Carr

  6. #2945
    former name-lbj2300 TheNewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    834
    Thanked 374 Times in 110 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    I wonder if Heat fans will raise money to put up a sign asking him to stay...........

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheNewEra For This Useful Post:


  8. #2946
    Veteran Silky Smooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    8,192
    Thanks
    372
    Thanked 2,262 Times in 839 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    Based on what?
    His demeanor on the court is different. He's not dancing around and things like that but off the court in interviews is where I see the difference. He never talks about Cleveland much in interviews from what I see and nothing about free agency especially during the season.

  9. #2947
    Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stow, OH
    Posts
    2,809
    Thanks
    2,275
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 698 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewEra View Post
    I wonder if Heat fans will raise money to put up a sign asking him to stay...........
    Probably a couple fliers here and there. What a joke of a fan base.

  10. #2948
    Rising Star Tlyons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,195
    Thanks
    3,937
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 503 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Silky Smooth View Post
    His demeanor on the court is different. He's not dancing around and things like that but off the court in interviews is where I see the difference. He never talks about Cleveland much in interviews from what I see and nothing about free agency especially during the season.
    So he's just a low key asshole now.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:


  12. #2949
    Veteran Silky Smooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    8,192
    Thanks
    372
    Thanked 2,262 Times in 839 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    So he's just a low key asshole now.
    Aren't we all?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Silky Smooth For This Useful Post:


  14. #2950
    Hall of Famer MoFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    10,601
    Thanks
    10,243
    Thanked 13,033 Times in 3,537 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewEra View Post
    I wonder if Heat fans will raise money to put up a sign asking him to stay...........
    How much money could 5 people raise?

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:


  16. #2951
    Redeux FiveThous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    2,132
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 562 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    So he's just a low key asshole now.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FiveThous For This Useful Post:


  18. #2952
    Veteran Walter White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,988
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 959 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewEra View Post
    I wonder if Heat fans will raise money to put up a sign asking him to stay...........
    I'm more interested to see if Cavs fans are gonna put up a sign asking him to come back. That is a tricky one.

  19. #2953
    whatever
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,629
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked 853 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This is his third season there. If he stays in Miami, they will win multiple titles. Can you please give it a rest? Stop being in denial?
    Why am I in denial? Because I don't think that the heat will win multiple titles if LeBron stays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    And don't tell me what my post meant just because it works for your argument. I know what I wrote. I do not care about the man as a tipper.
    No, I told you what your post meant because you were twisting it around. Look, you said he was immature, and then a sentence or two later you said how he'd matured. When asked how he matured, you just stated it only mattered on the court.

    I don't hold any ill-will towards your opinion, but I think it's wrong that people (whether it's you or someone else) are making these claims that he's such a better guy than he was and that he's really grown up. It's like people are making this a truth, without any evidence, because it supports their wish to have him back on the team

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zone For This Useful Post:


  21. #2954
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,806
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by JK11 View Post
    I'm more interested to see if Cavs fans are gonna put up a sign asking him to come back. That is a tricky one.
    Someone should print out an 8.5" x 11" version of the poster on an ink jet and tape it to the side of that building.

    That seems appropriate this time around...

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:


  23. #2955
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 481 Posts

    Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...4981--nba.html

    So, why aren’t you going to NBA games?

    Is it because you’re a weirdo, and don’t like the league? That can’t be the case, because you’re reading this website. Is it because you live too far away from an NBA arena? Fair enough, though there are 28 cities to chose from, including two teams apiece in New York and Los Angeles. Parking prices? Concession ripoffs? Poor sight lines? Can’t stand that guy that yells “ev-ry-bo-dy clap your hands?” All of these make sense.

    It can’t be the ticket prices, though. For a few teams, at least. More and more NBA teams are basically giving away tickets to games, offering free ticket specials or $1 deals on ducats. Several ticket pricing websites are often reduced to selling tickets for literal pocket change on game days, and yet fans still aren’t showing up. From a report from TIME, as put together by Bill Tuttle:

    According to ESPN statistics, the Pistons are averaging 13,272 tickets sold per home game, and they play in the 21,000-seat Palace arena. Some of these “sold” tickets are given away free, and many more ticket holders simply don’t show up. The net result is a sea of unoccupied seats in the Palace, as fans who watch the games on TV can attest.

    Essentially the same scene is being played out at several NBA arenas this season. The Pistons are hardly the only team finding it difficult to attract fans. To boost attendance, the Milwaukee Bucks (fourth-worst in league attendance) have been hosting promotions like “Buck Night,” when tickets for kids 14 and under are $1, and hot dogs sell for just $1 as well. (Naturally, the event took place when the Bucks were playing the Pistons.)

    Entertainment sways aside, there’s a good reason why a whole lot of fans don’t follow through on using those free or discounted tickets. It’s the same reason you just let a whole sheet of coupons expire, or declined to take advantage of the free local municipal entertainment your city surely offers.

    It’s because it’s free. Who cares, when you’re not taking in entertainment you’ve already paid for? This is why the Pistons have cut back on free tickets. From the Detroit News:

    "If you rely on free tickets too heavily, it undermines the pricing structure," said Andrew Zimbalist, economist at Smith College in Northampton, Mass. "If you have a regular ticket and you're sitting next to someone who got theirs free, that undercuts the value of your ticket.

    "And you can, like the Pistons are, get away from that by offering other inducements that maintain the underlying integrity of the pricing structure."

    [President and CEO of Palace Sports Dennis] Mannion agreed, saying that giving away tickets generates "very low" revenue from parking and concessions.

    "You also have high no-show rates with free tickets," he said.

    Which brings us back to the original point. If you can secure free or heavily discounted tickets through either the team or ticket brokering sites, why not take in that night’s contest? Even if it is against the Sacramento Kings?

    For a lot of us, the secondary costs get to be way too much. Personally speaking, my family of four cannot afford to take in an Indiana Pacers game this year, even if we grabbed a batch of heavily discounted seats high in the rafters. The hour-long drive, parking and costs that go beyond the price of the actual ticket are too high. Because I’m not going to be the dad that sneaks snacks into the arena for his kids to eat surreptitiously on the cheap -- and I’m not going to make my wife sit through D.J. Augustin running sets off the bench without buying her a few beers to get through it. And YOU try saying “no” to your daughters when they want to buy another foam finger.

    Good seats still available (Getty Images)

    Teams have acted upon these issues, offering all sorts of concession and apparel deals, but the fair-weather fan isn’t going to spend time researching these things as they would research pricing out travel and lodging for a vacation. A $1,000 expense is worth studying. A $150 night out? Not so much.

    Especially when you can lift your head from the laptop and look up to see an NBA game, likely in full high definition on a receiver your cable company gave you at an ever-cheapening rate, flickering for free on your local affiliate. You don’t even have to shell out nearly $200 for NBA League Pass to watch that same random midweek game, coming to you live or paused by choice with varying camera angles and impressive production values. Should your team’s high scorer limp off to the locker room during the contest, you’re probably better off at home anyway – because all the NBA news you’d ever need is yours immediately, just for the price of a computer and Internet connection. Updates come quicker in the living room.

    You can quibble about the style of play all you want, but if you enjoy the game, you enjoy the game – and it’s much easier to enjoy regional NBA basketball for free than it is to check in on the local high school or college team on TV. To say nothing of the fact that even the most basic of cable or dish packages will allow you to see nationally televised games nearly every day of the week, often two times a night.

    The fears that baseball owners expressed in the 1930s regarding radio airplay of games, possibly cutting into their attendance figures, might be finally realized. There’s no comparing sitting in the warm sunshine of a slow-as-molasses (but still enjoyable, in person) baseball game with huddling around a scratchy RCA radio dial. Basketball’s an indoor sport, though. A winter sport that is easy to follow on television. The experience isn’t nearly the same. There is nothing like taking in a live NBA game with your eyes acting as your own producer in the truck, but the TV experience ain’t half bad.

    And even at half-cost, fans aren’t showing up. You can blame the lockout or slow-paced coaching or losing records or the economy all you want; these are all significant factors behind the lacking attendance. Even in the shadiest of shacks, though, with the most minimal of electronic setups, NBA basketball can still be a fantastic thing.

    That’s bad news for teams that can’t help but turn a $1 ticket into a $100 night out.
    The NBA is having a MISERABLE season in terms of fan attendance. NBA viewership has been dreadful compared to last year as well. As soon as "The Heatles" won their title, the NBA lost a TON of fans who tuned in only to root against Miami and LeBron. That fan isn't there anymore and it's stinging.

    I haven't been a believer of LeBron to the Cavs, but from a league stand-point, I could really see why they would want it. I believe Stern wanted LeBron out of Cleveland initially for the better of the league. And in fairness, the NBA had its highest viewership the last 2 years, but now the NBA is feeling the pain of casual fans who only hated LeBron tuning out. It will take another crazy story-line to get those fans back.

    When you put superstars in 5-6 cities, you are essentially taking away 2-3 home games that could have drawn fans into the arenas. LeBron and D-Whistle used to bring 2-4 extra revenue generating games a season when Miami and Cleveland came to town. You cut that in half when they play on the same team. Same can be said for television coverage.

    Coming out of 2015, I can really see the "super-team" philosophy breaking up, and a positive momentum behind guys staying in smaller markets to make the league healthier as a whole. It's brutal this year. The product is bad, the enthusiasm from fans is poor, the story-lines suck, and while many people still tune in to root against Miami a lot of the lust is gone.

  24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to billmac91 For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •