View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 200 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 1001501901981992002012022102503007001200 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 23262
    All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,048 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

He just became youngest player to hit 20,000 points

Situational Stopper Ridin' West's Avatar
    Thanks

odds that he hits 30k in a wine and gold uni? anyone?
    "The road to success is always under construction."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

I, for one, dont believe the spin coming out of Miami that this whole blowup over PT and shots is just "long West coast trip crankiness".

No, I think something more serious is happening down there. RuPaul and Clubber Wade are starting to realize they aint getting any younger, and they want to get their HOF stats too. The last 2 years were a combination of the Honeymoon phase and the Us against the World pressure from the media and every fan who wanted to see them fail.

Now? I think they're starting to come apart at the seams a little bit, and their coach was never strong enough to hold that group together in the first place. I always said the key to that whole arrangement was whether Wade could step back and allow #6 to be the Alpha in HIS town of Miami. I think he's getting tired of doing that, and at the same time, his body is starting to fail him. I expect more media crap and cheap stuff on the court as his regression continues.

Miami might pull off another title this year (because they have the best player on earth and 2 other All Stars), but that supporting cast is starting to look ancient. Battier and Allen might be done after this year, Haslem is already done, and the rest of their supporting cast has been mediocre outside of maybe Chalmers.

Unless something changes, I think their window of being the true favorite is this year, and maybe next, but they're obviously not built for the long haul. The bickering and coach killing doesnt surprise me one bit. It was just a matter of time.

Thanks

All I know is that if LeBron DOES decide to come back home he needs to realize that this is Kyrie Irving's team.

Thanks

Lebron Returns to Cleveland after winning 3 Titles in Miami. He then wins 2 with the Cavs. Becomes first person in NBA History to have his Jersey Retired for 2 seperate teams?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Lebron Returns to Cleveland after winning 3 Titles in Miami. He then wins 2 with the Cavs. Becomes first person in NBA History to have his Jersey Retired for 2 seperate teams?
    He'd be joining an elite group. There have been 10, not counting honorary jerseys like Michael Jordan's for "contributions to the game" in Miami...

Kareem (Bucks, Lakers)
    Barkley (Sixers, Suns)
    Wilt (Warriors, Sixers, Lakers)
    Drexler (Blazers, Rockets)
    Dr J (Nets, Sixers)
    Bob Lanier (Pistons, Bucks)
    Moses (Sixers, Rockets)
    Earl the Pearl (Knicks, Wizards)
    Big O (Bucks, Kings)
    Nate Thurmond (Cavs, Warriors)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    I, for one, dont believe the spin coming out of Miami that this whole blowup over PT and shots is just "long West coast trip crankiness".

No, I think something more serious is happening down there. RuPaul and Clubber Wade are starting to realize they aint getting any younger, and they want to get their HOF stats too. The last 2 years were a combination of the Honeymoon phase and the Us against the World pressure from the media and every fan who wanted to see them fail.

Now? I think they're starting to come apart at the seams a little bit, and their coach was never strong enough to hold that group together in the first place. I always said the key to that whole arrangement was whether Wade could step back and allow #6 to be the Alpha in HIS town of Miami. I think he's getting tired of doing that, and at the same time, his body is starting to fail him. I expect more media crap and cheap stuff on the court as his regression continues.

Miami might pull off another title this year (because they have the best player on earth and 2 other All Stars), but that supporting cast is starting to look ancient. Battier and Allen might be done after this year, Haslem is already done, and the rest of their supporting cast has been mediocre outside of maybe Chalmers.

Unless something changes, I think their window of being the true favorite is this year, and maybe next, but they're obviously not built for the long haul. The bickering and coach killing doesnt surprise me one bit. It was just a matter of time.
    It was very obvious from the get go that Miami was at best a 5 year window for him to contend. Wade will be an OLD man at that point, and an old man with injury issues to boot... Bosh will be nearing the end of his prime years, and honestly outside of a few scrubs the rest of the team is already in their mid 30's. I honestly thought they'd win 3 titles, and then LeBron would leave in free agency, whether it was to Cleveland or somewhere else.

Some people seem so convinced that he'll retire in a Heat jersey, but in 2010 LeBron made it incredibly clear that he would put himself in a situation where he could win multiple titles, and looking at Miami's 2014-2015 roster without rose coloured glasses you can tell that situation will not be in Miami. I'd be absolutely shocked if Wade was still a 20ppg scorer next year.

On top of all that the Heat will be facing the super luxury tax, which would effectively kill them.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,451 Times in 2,875 Posts

My god, all the excitement in this thread now, it's almost too much to take.
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on the roof. Can't miss it.
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,436 Posts

Wade already has the body of a 45 year old. Its sad that Kobe, with all the extra years and minutes he has played, is 10x better than Wade right now at his age. Yea, Wade is about done already.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    Bad Eyeliner job....

2/10 Would not bang...
    No thanks, Jeff.

Elbows too pointy....

3/10 Would not bang...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,407 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    Would it be #23 or #6 that gets retired in Cleveland?

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AuricGoldfinger View Post
    My god, all the excitement in this thread now, it's almost too much to take.
    Right shit is getting old and its not 2014 yet we are like the knicks fans used.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyL1121 View Post
    All I know is that if LeBron DOES decide to come back home he needs to realize that this is Kyrie Irving's team.
    Espn and everyone will give lebron the credit and no one else just like the heat team.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,451 Times in 2,875 Posts

And we care what ESPN thinks, why?
    -Corey
    LET'S GO TRIBE!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 531 Posts

If LeBron comes back and Gilbert allows It will It save his Image with ESPN? That Is all that Is important here! Hell they should give the Gilbert a hour long show to decide If he takes him back. The Decision 2: The return?
    #WeAllFromCleveland

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    It was very obvious from the get go that Miami was at best a 5 year window for him to contend. Wade will be an OLD man, shocked if Wade was still a 20ppg scorer next year.

On top of all that the Heat will be facing the super luxury tax, which would effectively kill them.
    I think the combination of the super-tax and LeBron realizing the train's breaking down is what causes James to opt out. Whether he opts out in 2014 or opts in for 2015 is anyone's guess. One thing's for certain, Micky Arison is going to be paying out of his ass to keep that bunch together, if they are not seriously contending, I feel like LBJ will tell Arison that his time's up... Arison can't really be angry, James did exactly as he was expected and delivered the championship.

It's already appearing like LBJ is shouldering an enormous load in Miami. The burden is only going to grow heavier as Wade, Haslem, Battier, and Allen age. In two seasons, I think Dwyane Wade will still be playing, and definitely still be able to put up big games but little things like his lateral mobility are going to suffer making him a lot less effective.

I just think there comes a time when LBJ looks at the load he'll be shouldering on the Heat and looks back at Cleveland and how much young-blood talent he'd have back home. The scales are going to tip to the point of where it would just be easier back home, and if we know one thing about LBJ it's that he's looking for the easier way. Cleveland will have just as good, if not a better shot at contending for championships and that moment, when the scales tip, LBJ comes home to play with this special special young man we have under our wing.

He's eventually going to have to start thinking about preserving his body, and surrounding himself with people that will make the game easier, not continually shoulder this gidonkulous load he's been expected to bear every year for his entire career.

Funny thing is LBJ could have a very unique claim to history. He'd have assembled himself two championship teams in ways unsought of by any other basketball player ever: Three free agents all signing identical contracts, joining up on a team that gutted it's way to 3 max contracts.

and implode a franchise so that it tanks to the drudges, collects the richest of lottery gems landing Kyrie Irving for leftover parts...... Let that team aquire 3 solid years of multiple draft picks...... (using the "OKC route")

Then......Re-Insert the best player on the planet to round out your young, fresh, blue chip talent pool... into the land of contention...... That has also never been done by a player, ever.

Talk about maximizing your chances at titles..... Damn..... kinda ingenious..... Maverick Carter didn't think that one up, I'll tell you that much right now........
    Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 01-17-2013 at 03:08 AM.