View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 202 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 1021521922002012022032042122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 23262
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Quote Originally Posted by AuricGoldfinger View Post
    I'm not saying I wouldn't fuck them both at the same time, I'm just saying I would put a paper bag over their heads first.
    Oh be quiet Corey. You'd finish before you were able to get the Kleenex out to avoid breaking your keyboard.
    Ass pennies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 547 Posts

So how good does this team have to be for the quitter to spoil us again?

Playoffs?

On verge of playoffs?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post

Playoffs?

On verge of playoffs?
    Honestly I think him coming here is actually kind of likely. He's got his ring, now I think he'll come back because he wants to repair his image and try to mend fences in Cleveland. This is his home, no matter how he acts having his hometown hate him bothers him. I really don't think he expected the backlash he got when he left. He knows the only way to really fix his image in Cleveland is to come back and bring us a ring.

I don't think the roster is as important to him as fixing his image. He went to Miami with Wade, Bosh, and nothing else. Well we have Kyrie who will be elite, Dion who is looking like he'll be solid at the very least, and Tristan who looks like he could be a stud. Throw LeBron in there and that's arguably a better group than what Miami has. Bosh is soft as Hell and Wade isn't half the player he used to be. If he didn't get bailed out by the refs all the time he'd be average at best. Then you account for all the guys who would sign here to ring chase with LeBron and Kyrie.

Kyrie/Dion/LeBron/Tristan/Andy is a pretty damn good starting 5, not even counting whoever we come out of the draft with this year.
    Last edited by Shakalu M.D.; 01-17-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Ass pennies

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shakalu M.D. For This Useful Post:

Season Ticket Holder 3 Ball...GOT IT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    btw, it looks like this board has finally moved on to the 3rd stage of grief ... the "bargaining" stage.
    I hope everyone is reading for some more national hate. LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON COMING BACK COMING BACK.... get ready that's all we're about to hear for the next year and a half. Cavs fans and people from cleveland in general will be hated on over and over and over again during this time, and longer if lebron does end up coming here. People will point out thousands of times how we go from burning his jersey to wanting him back on the team. People will make us sound like a complete joke. LOL get ready
    AYEEEEEEE
    ANTHONY BENNETT > TRISTAN THOMPSON

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Ball...GOT IT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Can someone give me the breakdown of Bron vs. Kobe head-to-head? I'm curious

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavsinFL View Post
    Can someone give me the breakdown of Bron vs. Kobe head-to-head? I'm curious
    LeBron is poopin on everyone to say it lightly.
    AYEEEEEEE

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3 Ball...GOT IT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,466 Times in 1,772 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post

Playoffs?

On verge of playoffs?
    The verge of playoffs would be perfect for LeBron. Because I'm sure he's going to want all the credit for pushing us over the top.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
    Unfortunately don't count the Heat out yet..

Yes Wade is getting older but Pat the rat Riley, in addition to being a snake in the grass, is also a damn smart cookie who is very tuned into what's happening. He realizes all the talk going on in the league regarding Lebron. He's the one who perfected all the back channel talk w/ Bron in the months leading up to 2010. Believe me he will likely concoct some kind of plan to try and keep Bron in Miami. Riley talks about loyalty but would probably not hesitate to deal Wade or anything else including his own soul (which he probably already sold years ago btw) if it means upgrading the roster for LeBron. He's a competitive SOB and isn't one to sit back and let a 3 time MVP walk while still in the prime of his career.

Not to be a downer but the Lakers will also have salary cap space for the first time since they signed Shaq as a FA. Don't underestimate Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers ability to bring in superstar talent especially if they already have another star like Dwight in the fold. Just sayin' let's chill and watch our young talent develop. It's probably not a good idea to get your hopes too high for any possible Bron return yet.
    Trading Wade isn't going to happen. The Heat fanbase, however many hundred people that might be, is very vested in Wade. He is basically their version of what LeBron was to the Cavs, without the hometown affiliation. Pat Riley may be an inarguable snake in the grass, but as you said he's not stupid. There is no way that Arison lets him trade Wade, and if he comes out and throws up a 15/5/4 season next year who would trade for him, and his almost 60 million dollar contract anyways? This isn't like Kobe, who is still able to produce, and can be counted upon to stay relatively healthy throughout the seasons.

As for the Lakers their attempt will be laughable at best imo. Dwight Howard is gone this year. No way in hell is he staying on that team. He supposedly hates Kobe, D'antoni makes SVG look like a Jackson/Popovich hybrid, and that team is destined to get worse during his prime, not better. At this rate it is going to take a minor miracle for the Lakers to make the playoffs with 4 HOFer's on the team (5 or 6 if you think Jamison, and Artest have a shot).

To add to all that I seem to remember Dwight saying multiple times he didn't want to go to the Lakers. Likely because he didn't want to be reminded every single day that the greatest centers in history have all played for that team, and he doesn't quite stack up to them, or maybe he already knew Kobe was a douche.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    So if I'm hearing this correct, Lebron is once again holding Cleveland hostage until the summer of 2014? I know some people might be ok with this but WTF!!! And people wonder why Cleveland is a joke!!
    He is the arguably the best athlete in sports right now. That would be fine with me if we are giving it a shot.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,167 Times in 1,052 Posts

If Dan Gilbert were to come out and say through a source the Cavs are not going to pursue Lebron in free agency, you know how much backlash the organization would recieve?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,743 Times in 1,303 Posts

Right now I'm agnostic about LeBron coming back. I don't want him back, but also don't not want him back. But it also seems pretty clear that the landscape is shaping up for his return. Cleveland has the money, the young nucleus and the redemption storyline that no other place can come close to matching.

LeBron going to the Lakers or any other team would cement the narrative of him being a man without a country. Going back to the Cavs does just the opposite. And everything points to him wanting to restore his reputation, while he keeps on winning. That points to Cleveland. Maybe I'm wrong. But it just feels like that's where this is heading.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noonan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    He is the arguably the best athlete in sports right now. That would be fine with me if we are giving it a shot.
    Yeah, IMO a top 3 player ever when everything is said and done. Don't worry, if Lebron did come here the people that are saying that will be right back acting like they were along for the ride the entire time. And the same people saying the same things about the city will be right back to bandwagoning the Cavs like it was 2009
    AYEEEEEEE

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Ball...GOT IT For This Useful Post:

3 ball... got it!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 678 Posts

KI/Shabazz/James/TT/Zeller
    Andy/Dion/Second First this year (LeBryan Nash?)

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 534 Posts

I do hope he comes back, but I cant help but feel that the same logic to us thinking he is coming back is the same logic we used thinking he would never leave.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigfoot5415 For This Useful Post:

Team Player Gin Rummy Champion Scrote Squad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 514 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    The verge of playoffs would be perfect for LeBron. Because I'm sure he's going to want all the credit for pushing us over the top.
    Wouldn't he deserve it if we were on the verge and his return resulted in a title? Especially considering he'll still be the best player in the game in a year and a half?