View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 209 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 1091591992072082092102112192593097091209 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 23262
    The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 534 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Part of me wants the Heat to completely blow it up in 2014. Honestly LBJ is the only one that I can see opting out. DWade & Bosh will both accept their $20 mil pay days. With just those two and role players, I doubt they make the playoffs w/o LBJ. The East will be a tough division by then. A lot of teams are on the upswing.

All of this so that 2015 unprotected Heat 1st rounder becomes something great.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 671 Posts

It's strange that so many fans here think that James must do Cleveland right in order to redeem himself. It might be hard to accept this, but nobody cares about Cleveland or what happened anymore. The media doesn't care, sports fans don't care, and LeBron doesn't care.

This whole redemption angle is completely logical only if you are a Cleveland sports fanatic, or Chris Broussard and need to write a story for ESPN - otherwise, it's just nonsense.

Now, maybe he would come back based on the potential talent here, but that seems just as ridiculous. Would bet everything that he stays in Miami where they bring in another star to replace one of the three, or leaves for another major city where they bring in James with other bonafide stars.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MDLT View Post
    It's strange that so many fans here think that James must do Cleveland right in order to redeem himself. It might be hard to accept this, but nobody cares about Cleveland or what happened anymore. The media doesn't care, sports fans don't care, and LeBron doesn't care.

This whole redemption angle is completely logical only if you are a Cleveland sports fanatic, or Chris Broussard and need to write a story for ESPN - otherwise, it's just nonsense.

Now, maybe he would come back based on the potential talent here, but that seems just as ridiculous. Would bet everything that he stays in Miami where they bring in another star to replace one of the three, or leaves for another major city where they bring in James with other bonafide stars.
    It's not about Cleveland. LeBron seriously hurt his image across the whole league after he left. That's why he started to try and adopt the villain role in the NBA. He realized he didn't like it and has tried to repair his image since. Again, it's not about Cleveland. It's about leaving his hometown team to form a super team because he didn't have the will to do it on his own. He was being compared to Jordan before he left. After he left everyone said Jordan never would have done that.

People don't care about Cleveland, it would be the same scenario if he had done all of this to Charlotte.

The other aspect I didn't mention is that LeBron still thinks of Cleveland as home. He has that mansion in Bath. He hates that he's a pariah in his hometown. He wants to be loved here and really the only way for him to repair his image in Cleveland is to come back.
    Ass pennies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shakalu M.D. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,625 Times in 9,761 Posts

You guys are literally going to need therapy after this next one. Book your appointments now.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    You guys are literally going to need therapy after this next one. Book your appointments now.
    I'll be fine since I don't even really want him back. I'm also firmly against planning the Cavs personnel moves around signing him in free agency. I just think it's going to happen because LeBron loves the attention and the narrative around it would help improve his image both in Cleveland and nationally. ESPN would cum themselves over the redemption storyline they could run with.

Not to mention that, besides us not being a big market, there likely won't be a better option out there for him roster wise. Kyrie, Dion, Tristan, Noel/Shabazz/McLemore/Metrics guy we all hate, plus all the other assets we have. I doubt any other teams will have the amount of talent this roster will at the time and also the cap space to bring him in.
    Ass pennies

Thanks

@KingJames: @KyrieIrving is definitely a All-Star this year #nodoubtaboutit

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DonGilbert For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 482 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 618 Posts

Damn, wrong thread. I have no input at this time, lol.

Sent from my ass using tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 4,461 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonGilbert View Post
    @KingJames: @KyrieIrving is definitely a All-Star this year #nodoubtaboutit
    So it begins...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 641 Posts

LBJ is sucking Kyrie's nuts on twitter...rofl

Thanks
    Thanked 10,849 Times in 2,748 Posts

Fine, I guess he might come back...BUT not for any sentimental story or to get the Cleveland fans back on his side or anything like that.

For all you drooling over the return of LeBron, the ONLY chance it happens...and it's a small one...is if we are the best team, talent wise, with cap space when he opts out. If we don't give him the absolute best chance to win immediately in 2014, nothing else matters.

He's not coming regardless, but tonight it just seemed abundantly clear to me. He's a bandwagoner...if we're stacked with young studs, sure he'll come. If there's a better spot, there he goes.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

Camp Invitee
    Thanks

He's just saying that so Kyrie will join him in Brooklyn. I don't care what happens, I still hate the bastard.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,461 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lebrownsfan View Post
    He's just saying that so Kyrie will join him in Brooklyn. I don't care what happens, I still hate the bastard.
    That doesn't make any sense for him...if you were LeBron, wouldn't it make more sense for you to come back to Cleveland and have everyone love you again, as opposed to trying to pry Kyrie from Cleveland when he's a free agent and play with him somewhere else? Because if that ever happens, no matter what the circumstances are, the hatred for LeBron would be double what it is now. LeBron is incredibly image-conscious after the Decision debacle, there's no way that ever happens.

Thanks

LeBron must have watched the game tonight. We performed good too. You've got to think that LeBron must be at home, pondering a return to Cleveland. Playing alongside Kyrie, TT and Dion. Having Cleveland once again be on his side.

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoes22 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense for him...if you were LeBron, wouldn't it make more sense for you to come back to Cleveland and have everyone love you again, as opposed to trying to pry Kyrie from Cleveland when he's a free agent and play with him somewhere else? Because if that ever happens, no matter what the circumstances are, the hatred for LeBron would be double what it is now. LeBron is incredibly image-conscious after the Decision debacle, there's no way that ever happens.
    Everyone already does love him and if he dosent opt out in 2014 but does it in 2015 brooklyn has money and dwill. An idk what recruiting plann they did with the russian and Jay-z but they got D12 begging even to this day to go there. If anything his friendship with Jay-Z is more powerfull than this phantom home town thing we are talking ourselves into