View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
511. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

202 39.53%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

173 33.86%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

141 27.59%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

12 2.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 210 of 489 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 7324
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,002 Posts

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Quote Originally Posted by lebrownsfan View Post
    He's just saying that so Kyrie will join him in Brooklyn. I don't care what happens, I still hate the bastard.
    What are they gonna do, sign them to the vet min? They've got all their cap space tied up in terrible contracts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,933 Times in 2,170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Everyone already does love him and if he dosent opt out in 2014 but does it in 2015 brooklyn has money and dwill. An idk what recruiting plann they did with the russian and Jay-z but they got D12 begging even to this day to go there. If anything his friendship with Jay-Z is more powerfull than this phantom home town thing we are talking ourselves into
    Kyrie >>> Dwil

And Brooklyn doesn't have any money in 2015. They have $72 million committed to 4 players (Joe Johnson, Williams, Lopez and Wallace). The amount only goes up if they land Howard.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KI4MVP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randymoss1881 View Post
    Everyone already does love him and if he dosent opt out in 2014 but does it in 2015 brooklyn has money and dwill. An idk what recruiting plann they did with the russian and Jay-z but they got D12 begging even to this day to go there. If anything his friendship with Jay-Z is more powerfull than this phantom home town thing we are talking ourselves into
    In 2015 the Nets will still have the below players under contract

D-Will
    Lopez
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    Brooks

For those players they have 72$mil cap number for 2015/2016

2016 is when all of them but D-Will come off the books. Unless D-Will opts out in 2015

So Brooklyn has no money in the 2015 FA market

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/brooklyn.htm

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    Kyrie >>> Dwil

And Brooklyn doesn't have any money in 2015. They have $72 million committed to 4 players (Joe Johnson, Williams, Lopez and Wallace). The amount only goes up if they land Howard.
    Damn, beat me too it
    Last edited by KB; 01-22-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,680 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KI4MVP View Post
    Kyrie >>> Dwil

I wish I could thank the bolded a thousand times. D-Will is an All-Star caliber point guard, but Kyrie in all honesty is going to be a superstar in this league some day. Here's how I think the East stacks up when it comes to PGs, assuming 100% health:

1. Derrick Rose* - The guy won the MVP for a reason. When he's healthy, he's the best point guard in the game in my opinion. The * is there because we obviously don't know if he will ever be the same after his knee injury. Some are, and some aren't, but he is an outstanding athlete so I really think he stands a good chance of making a full recovery and comeback.

2. Rajon Rondo - Probably the best pure point guard in the game right now, he's an elite defender and is just superb at setting up his teammates. That's what a point guard needs to do, outside of just scoring the ball. He's a triple double threat every time he steps out on the court and rebounds very well for his position.

3. Kyrie Irving - Currently leads the league in isolation scoring. He can beat you from anywhere on the court, but he still needs to do a better job of making it easier for his teammates to score, and he needs to dramatically improve on the defensive end if he wants to be the best. When it comes to scoring for PGs right now, though, there's no one better in the league.

4. Jrue Holiday - He is enjoying the best year of his career, currently averaging 19/8, and in my mind is the far and away front runner for the Most Improved Player award. The unfortunate thing is that some of these extremely talented PGs are not going to make the All-Star roster -- but he should not be one of them.

5. Deron Williams - Kind of having a "meh" year. Still better than most PGs, but not having a spectacular year by any means. His team has been playing better as of late, though, so that bodes well in his favor and he may just sneak into the All-Star Game based on his reputation.

Honorable mentions: Kemba Walker, Raymond Felton, Brandon Knight, John Wall

Fuck Brandon Jennings. The dude is nothing but an inefficient chucker and if he makes the All-Star roster then it will be an absolute travesty.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:

The second of his name. theSTEREO.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,395 Times in 1,494 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post

Fine, I guess he might come back...BUT not for any sentimental story or to get the Cleveland fans back on his side or anything like that.

For all you drooling over the return of LeBron, the ONLY chance it happens...and it's a small one...is if we are the best team, talent wise, with cap space when he opts out. If we don't give him the absolute best chance to win immediately in 2014, nothing else matters.

He's not coming regardless, but tonight it just seemed abundantly clear to me. He's a bandwagoner...if we're stacked with young studs, sure he'll come. If there's a better spot, there he goes.
    This is the only reason I give even partial thought to any kind of Lebron return.

He doesn't need to come back here to redeem anything, and no one outside of Cleveland is expecting or wanting him to. Would it make for a good story? Yeah probably and it will make people tune in. But it'll never be Lebrons reason.

IMO, Lebron will be leaving Miami because the corpses he's about to be playing with are going to start rotting soon. I don't see too many possibilities of places for him to go, and honestly I think that barring another team making major changes, the only two realistic landing spots for him are Los Angeles and Cleveland. And that is purely from a basketball perspective. He'd just get the added bonus of Cleveland being home for him if he somehow ended up here.

In the end, it will be a basketball decision and that's it. 100%.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to theSTEREO. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,158 Times in 1,663 Posts

Fine, I guess he might come back...BUT not for any sentimental story or to get the Cleveland fans back on his side or anything like that.

For all you drooling over the return of LeBron, the ONLY chance it happens...and it's a small one...is if we are the best team, talent wise, with cap space when he opts out. If we don't give him the absolute best chance to win immediately in 2014, nothing else matters.

He's not coming regardless, but tonight it just seemed abundantly clear to me. He's a bandwagoner...if we're stacked with young studs, sure he'll come. If there's a better spot, there he goes.
    You just realized this lol? He was a Cowboys, Bulls, and Yankees fan as a kid. The 3 major sports dynasty's at the time. Go figure.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,833 Times in 9,214 Posts

Question Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Is it safe to say that if he plugs another player for Allstar status that he wants to go play for their city too?

Quote Originally Posted by theSTEREO. View Post
    This is the only reason I give even partial thought to any kind of Lebron return.

He doesn't need to come back here to redeem anything, and no one outside of Cleveland is expecting or wanting him to. Would it make for a good story? Yeah probably and it will make people tune in. But it'll never be Lebrons reason.

IMO, Lebron will be leaving Miami because the corpses he's about to be playing with are going to start rotting soon. I don't see too many possibilities of places for him to go, and honestly I think that barring another team making major changes, the only two realistic landing spots for him are Los Angeles and Cleveland. And that is purely from a basketball perspective. He'd just get the added bonus of Cleveland being home for him if he somehow ended up here.

In the end, it will be a basketball decision and that's it. 100%.
    I agree with most of this. But people are putting Wade in his casket about 3-4 years too early and Bosh will likely go where either or both of them go. Wade isn't as devastatingly unhealthy people are making him out to be. Yeah, if he's regularly missing 20-30 games every year, it will be safe to say he's on the downswing. But I got news for people...last year was the first time in four seasons that he missed that many games. He's still getting it done out there at an elite level. Not to mention, Bosh is still in his athletic prime and healthy.

I don't see any legitimate reason to believe Bosh and Wade can't continue to go out there for the length of another LeBron contract and contend. There's no evidence suggesting they can't. When we say old, are we referring to the bench? Because the bench has sucked the whole time they've been together, so I don't see why that would change his mind next contract.

If it's not the Heat, then the Lakers could have Dwight Howard available to him along with whatever Pau nets them.

In the Lakers, the Cavs are contending with a team that pulls major coups personnel-wise every other 3-4 yearsin order to contend. They're also contending with Riley, a man who has sold his soul to the devil and would pull out all the stops to keep him.

And since everyone keeps referring to image (which likely is a very minor factor)...how does that look on LeBron when he promises 7 titles and bails after 1 or 2?

So what weighs on his conscience more...his unfulfilled promise to win 7 titles or a team that he currently has no actual allegiance to and specifically dismissed as his hometown multiple times when he was in Cleveland?

People are reading into things that just aren't there and LeBron's crew is doing it to you on purpose. You're also counting on three years of Waiters and Irving looking better than three years of Wade (maybe) and three years of Thompson to look better than Bosh (highly doubtful) nd/or the next draft pick making up for whatever shortcomings those two have (no way to know).

It's actually not impossible that the Cavs propose more raw talent at that time than the Heat. But LeBron now has allegiances to the Heat and currently has none to the Cavs. Wade and Bosh are proven playoff assets and Kyrie, Waiters and Thompson...who knows? The team is currently a loser, a bad failure. Having a big year next year might be cause for a little more optimism, but it does not guarantee you that it's a more attractive destination for a player who can go ANYWHERE he wants.

It's not going to happen. You've gotta stop doing this to yourselves. Not on my watch.
    Last edited by Little Seizer; 01-23-2013 at 08:40 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,548 Times in 875 Posts

I agree that it is foolish to "expect it will happen 100 percent" but many think it is 50/50 at best he will stay in Miami, A large indicator is Wades play next year. If he is still playing at a very high level and the Heat are back to back champions then he will stay. However, if the Heat dont win it all this year, and Wade starts to slow down next year, and Lebron does not even reach the NBA finals, and feels like he is starting to have to carry the team then the Idea of playing with Irving, TT, Waiters our upcoming draft picks... and whoever we add via trade in the next 13 months (i think there is no way Grant sits on the roster for another 13 months) will be very appealing to him.

He will be about to hit 30 and in no mood to "carry the Heat" with Wade no longer playing at an all star level which I believe is 2-3 years away. Basically, the ending of the next two seasons are going to determine what happens. If they are winning titles, he wont leave. If they lose in 5 or 6 games in the ECF next year and he starts to get any type of frustration, then he is out! He has no ties to Miami, and no incentive to stick around if they do not give him the best chance at winning a title. As for LA, lets wait and see what trades they make in the next year and if they sign Howard to a long term deal. It is no guarentee they will have the cap space in 2014 like some have suggested. Basically, it is too early to make firm predictions either way. There is still a lot of scenarios to play out over the next 18 months!

I know if I were him by 2015 I would take irving over Wade 100 percent of the time. And, here is the thing by then I am starting to think that TT will be almost or just as good as Bosh. He may not score as much, but I think he is starting to show he can become a 15 and 10 guy for his career. Bosh is going to be 30 in 2014 and is currently averaging 17 a night, by that time TT will be 24, starting his prime and Bosh will be about to start to decline. That is a very objective way at looking at it. Again, if Miami is winning titles then we can forgot about it, but if they are not, then I would be shoked to see him stay!
    By this time next year, we should have a much better idea of how realistic his return is!
    Last edited by ajz20; 01-23-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

Was listening until you said TT could be as good or close to Bosh.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,598 Times in 3,198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    Was listening until you said TT could be as good or close to Bosh.
    Are we talking Bosh in Miami or Bosh in Toronto? Because Thompson already rebounds and plays defense much, much better than Bosh has in Miami (not that Bosh in Toronto was ever a great defender). There's a reason Miami is one of the worst rebounding teams in the league, and Bosh is a part of it. Bosh is obviously a much more skilled offensive player, but does a team with Kyrie and LeBron need a skilled offensive big? Not really, especially if Waiters becomes the third scoring punch or if we draft a guy like Muhammad. What the team would then need is a defensive-minded big who can score when he gets the ball but doesn't need it to be effective. That sounds exactly like the type of player Thompson is already starting to become.

You have to remember that it's not all about skill on offense. You also have to ask yourself if, going forward, it's more valuable to have an offensive big like Bosh who doesn't rebound well and plays mediocre defense, or a guy like Thompson who is younger, defensive minded, and developing some very effective go-to moves around the basket. Bosh is who he is at this point and he isn't getting any better. His stats might improve if LeBron leaves or he's traded to a team where he's more of a focal point, but he's arguably on the decline, and certainly not on the incline. Thompson, on the other hand, is only going to get better, and given how much he's improved from the start of the season to now, if I were a betting man I'd take Thompson for the next decade over Bosh for the same period.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jack Brickman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 505 Posts

Good points but I was addressing a direct comparison of a Bosh and Thompson of which there isn't any.

FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY I-77 NORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

A few Cleveland-related tweets and your right back in front of the eyes of those who wil be counting down to 2014.

Dude knows what he's doing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to I-77 NORTH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,548 Times in 875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    Good points but I was addressing a direct comparison of a Bosh and Thompson of which there isn't any.
    I never said TT is as good TODAY. No one will argue that. I was looking at 3 years from now and doing a projection of abilities. Bosh is not getting any better, in fact I would say he will start to decline a bit in about 2 years. He has never been a great rebounder to begin with. I am projecting TT to continue to develop over the next 2 years into a 15 and 10 guy who plays well above average defense. Looking at Bosh three years from now in his early 30's is it not a stretch to say he will go from a 17 and 7 guy to a 15 and 6 guy? I dont think so. Bosh is a very good player today, but in 3-4 years I see him as just a good player. I think TT will be an excellent role player and at some point in the next 3-4 years he and Bosh will basically put up similar numbers, but TT will be younger, fresher and in his prime! Every Gm would take Bosh in 2013, but in 2015 I think the debate becomes much less clear if TT continues to work on his game over the next 2 summers!

Now this all predicated on TT being a gym rat in the offseason, continuing to develop his body and finally showing just a bit of an ability to shoot the ball 5-10 feet from the basket. I am not saying he will be as good as Bosh in 2015 for sure, but it would be a bit lazy to just dissmiss the possibility. The man point is when it comes down to the summer of 2014 and you are looking at what roster you want to play with over the next 5 years the Cavs should have younger players who are just about to each their apex, while the Heat will have players who have maxed out (still very effective) but not as appealing as you begin to project to the last 3 years of Lebron's next contract. Again, until we see how Wade performs over the next 18 months this still mostly conjecture. Also, there are other teams with cap space in 2014, who could also make great moves to attract Lebron.... But, I dont buy that CLE is not a possibility. If you have great young talent, cap space and have an owner who is serious about winning a title, then you have a shot!
    Last edited by ajz20; 01-23-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,124 Times in 2,603 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiglet View Post
    Is it safe to say that if he plugs another player for Allstar status that he wants to go play for their city too?

I agree with most of this. But people are putting Wade in his casket about 3-4 years too early and Bosh will likely go where either or both of them go. Wade isn't as devastatingly unhealthy people are making him out to be. Yeah, if he's regularly missing 20-30 games every year, it will be safe to say he's on the downswing. But I got news for people...last year was the first time in four seasons that he missed that many games. He's still getting it done out there at an elite level. Not to mention, Bosh is still in his athletic prime and healthy.

I don't see any legitimate reason to believe Bosh and Wade can't continue to go out there for the length of another LeBron contract and contend. There's no evidence suggesting they can't. When we say old, are we referring to the bench? Because the bench has sucked the whole time they've been together, so I don't see why that would change his mind next contract.

If it's not the Heat, then the Lakers could have Dwight Howard available to him along with whatever Pau nets them.

In the Lakers, the Cavs are contending with a team that pulls major coups personnel-wise every other 3-4 yearsin order to contend. They're also contending with Riley, a man who has sold his soul to the devil and would pull out all the stops to keep him.

And since everyone keeps referring to image (which likely is a very minor factor)...how does that look on LeBron when he promises 7 titles and bails after 1 or 2?

So what weighs on his conscience more...his unfulfilled promise to win 7 titles or a team that he currently has no actual allegiance to and specifically dismissed as his hometown multiple times when he was in Cleveland?

People are reading into things that just aren't there and LeBron's crew is doing it to you on purpose. You're also counting on three years of Waiters and Irving looking better than three years of Wade (maybe) and three years of Thompson to look better than Bosh (highly doubtful) nd/or the next draft pick making up for whatever shortcomings those two have (no way to know).

It's actually not impossible that the Cavs propose more raw talent at that time than the Heat. But LeBron now has allegiances to the Heat and currently has none to the Cavs. Wade and Bosh are proven playoff assets and Kyrie, Waiters and Thompson...who knows? The team is currently a loser, a bad failure. Having a big year next year might be cause for a little more optimism, but it does not guarantee you that it's a more attractive destination for a player who can go ANYWHERE he wants.

It's not going to happen. You've gotta stop doing this to yourselves. Not on my watch.
    I've always been of your mindset. He's not coming back...

But the talent argument is a hard one for you to argue. Kyrie is already better than Wade, and that pretty much leaves Waiters, Thompson, Zeller, and the next two draft's worth of first rounders that must be equivalent to Bosh. Honestly I think Waiters surpasses Bosh's scoring and Thompson annihilates his defense/rebounding/toughness on their own within the next year, and fairly easily. That doesn't even take into account the probable scoring/elite big we will select in June, and then whatever comes of the other 27 first rounders we have before 2014. Furthermore, we will probably still have Andy...and then any team that lands LeBron will be able to fill the rest of their roster with ring chasing vets.

I'd be hard pressed to think of a team that can both 1) create cap space to sign LeBron and 2) present a player already on the roster better than Kyrie. Hell, it's not a stretch to say that Kyrie is on pace to be a top 8 player in the league by 2014. None of this has anything to do with the Cleveland thing...as far as I'm concerned, the sentimental value for Cleveland does nothing more than offset the normal FA mentality of, "Cleveland? Nah, thanks though". That's about it.

Having said that, I repeat, he's not coming back. There will be some stupid reason he doesn't return and everyone will be devastated.

But Jig, I think you're over shooting onto the other side of the spectrum while trying to be objective about this one...make no mistake, the Cavs currently shape up to be by far the smartest destination for LeBron in 2014. Howard in LA? Whatever the fuck in Brooklyn? Whatever the Heat manage to throw together? Not as good as Kyrie and all the promising youngsters in Cleveland. Hell, not as good as Kyrie by himself on the damned Minnesota Timberwolves.

Again though, he's not coming.

I can't tell you why, but he'll find a reason. Don't let him break you again.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 573 Posts

Having said that, I repeat, he's not coming back. There will be some stupid reason he doesn't return and everyone will be devastated....I can't tell you why, but he'll find a reason. Don't let him break you again.
    I suspect it'll be a nagging elbow injury that requires him to live in a warm weather climate....

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Human Q-Tip For This Useful Post: